Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

-( Forging Items )-

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Wizard101 I do have a good suggestion. What about you can forge to items together to create one brand new one? For example that you want to forge a level 100 gear with a level 90 gear. That cannot happen. It has to be the same level. Jewel slots will not be transferred over on the second item. The Upgraded item will take the look as the first item and also will say upgraded (the first item chosen). Jewels will transfer over on the first item ONLY. But the stats will combine into one new one.

Plus I would love if you use my main character, Michael Winterweave , as the forger in wizard101. And it will be in the house straight across to the treasure card vendor.

Thank you for your time. And please accept my board name as it represents all my characters last names.

The Winter Weave Brothers

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Works for me. I would love to create some unique items with stats that suit my playstyle, as opposed to complying with the generally accepted gear progression: WW gear, Hades gear, then Malistaire gear (very "cookie cutter" if you ask me, lacks individuality).

Actually, I was part of a suggetion team proposing something very similar to this on central not too long ago:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?440161-Item-Melding

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
That would be very overpowered.

With the huge variety of gear in the game, and now jewels besides, there are plenty of ways to get custom set ups. Rather than the work of adding a new mechanism, the designers can simply make better use of existing options.

There should be new school logo drops to stitch to. New crafted items for special purposes like dedicated healer or support. Having more variety is a great goal, but we don't need a new NPC or process to get it.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Gemma Luna on May 26, 2015 wrote:
That would be very overpowered.

With the huge variety of gear in the game, and now jewels besides, there are plenty of ways to get custom set ups. Rather than the work of adding a new mechanism, the designers can simply make better use of existing options.

There should be new school logo drops to stitch to. New crafted items for special purposes like dedicated healer or support. Having more variety is a great goal, but we don't need a new NPC or process to get it.
Agreed. Merging two pieces of powerful high level gear into one piece even just half-again as powerful should require a LOT more than just going to somebody's shop and paying to have it done. I could see maybe adding something like this as a one-time quest reward... something that would require a lot of forethought before deciding what items to combine. But to make it as easy as dropping in to Wizard City and having a vendor do it for you... nah!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
This COULD be a good idea, but you're not suggesting gold are you? No, something this powerful . . . this OP requires much more than gold. And as TusconWizard suggested: there should be a quest before you unlock the feature, and maybe this idea:

Forge Fire:

Forge Fire is what you need to fuse items, BUT there is only ONE PER SERVER! So you would have to search literally everywhere. However, they will not spawn in any crowded places/player castles/dungeons. However they may appear in mob areas. Kind of like the Zeke quests, except it's like one in a million (badge pun intended) and the reward is the item itself.

Adding to this, a player can only find Forge Fire once per 2 months. This would stop Forge Fire spammers. So after you do your happy dance for finding Forge Fire you'll have to wait 2 months to search again.

And to make this fair to both low levels, and high levels, a Forge Fire has the SAME chance of spawning on Wizard City, as it does on Krysalis, Krokotopia, Aquila, Marleybone, etc.

Oh once you find a Forge Fire, it'll be "weak". You need to feed it, say, 50k gold to make it "useable".

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Max Sterling on May 29, 2015 wrote:
This COULD be a good idea, but you're not suggesting gold are you? No, something this powerful . . . this OP requires much more than gold. And as TusconWizard suggested: there should be a quest before you unlock the feature, and maybe this idea:

Forge Fire:

Forge Fire is what you need to fuse items, BUT there is only ONE PER SERVER! So you would have to search literally everywhere. However, they will not spawn in any crowded places/player castles/dungeons. However they may appear in mob areas. Kind of like the Zeke quests, except it's like one in a million (badge pun intended) and the reward is the item itself.

Adding to this, a player can only find Forge Fire once per 2 months. This would stop Forge Fire spammers. So after you do your happy dance for finding Forge Fire you'll have to wait 2 months to search again.

And to make this fair to both low levels, and high levels, a Forge Fire has the SAME chance of spawning on Wizard City, as it does on Krysalis, Krokotopia, Aquila, Marleybone, etc.

Oh once you find a Forge Fire, it'll be "weak". You need to feed it, say, 50k gold to make it "useable".
Yes, it can be a reward for certain quests, but, to make it fair, I might ask for it to cost crowns to do so. Every time you forge an item it doubles the amount for the next one. But It will not go past 500. That is the max. But it also costs reagents to do it. Its not like crafting. The setup for forging:

Junior Blacksmith
Expert Blacksmith
Master Blacksmith
Legendary Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Yeah in order to unlock the feature you need to be level 30 in order to forge items, and it will take away one of the cool downs for that item.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Lucas Rain on May 26, 2015 wrote:
Works for me. I would love to create some unique items with stats that suit my playstyle, as opposed to complying with the generally accepted gear progression: WW gear, Hades gear, then Malistaire gear (very "cookie cutter" if you ask me, lacks individuality).

Actually, I was part of a suggetion team proposing something very similar to this on central not too long ago:
Nice, I really also think that the player, is only there to offer the reagents you need to forge them.
But its really tough to buy them. They cost like more than 10k per armor piece. And to make it is really hard then. Because you need a total of 60k to do your whole set.

The quest for it gives you a free use for all of your stuff. Once you forge the item, it takes that away.

<Forge of Chancing>

The basic idea is that its not over powered.

It is hard to forge items, but well worth it.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Forging items will be hard to do, but because of that its so hard. Not complicated you just need the items for it, and the items and boom. You got your item.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Well, how would you find these items?

-Randomly (but rarely) lying on the ground like normal reagents?

-Boss drops?

-Quest rewards?

- Definitely not Crown Shop because it would be too OP for rich people?

That deserves addressing. It should be a boss drop or quest reward IMO.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Max Sterling on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
Well, how would you find these items?

-Randomly (but rarely) lying on the ground like normal reagents?

-Boss drops?

-Quest rewards?

- Definitely not Crown Shop because it would be too OP for rich people?

That deserves addressing. It should be a boss drop or quest reward IMO.
Boss drops mostly, it depends on what school you are, like if you get a life piece its for life only, same with other schools its for there ones only.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Forging Items Is very hard to do though. It will cost like a lot of crowns, and gold combined, I mean that you use gold for reagents, And Like 100,000 Crowns for the whole set of max gear or prob 1,000,000. Gold does hit 1,000,000 but its hard to forge items.

-Forging-

Forging Can be difficult to do, but its worth it, you need a lot of resources to make forged armor. Go read the book on forging items and come back to me for further explanation.

-Book of Forging-

Forging is an art that many cannot master easily, it is expensive, but the rewards are worth it. Forging is difficult and needs both gold and crowns for making a forged armor piece. Jewels attached to anthems, decks, and rings will not transfer over. You cannot forge amulets, no madder what the instant you forge it, it will automatically break. Forging can take time, but its very hard to make forged gear.

-Forging-

So, what have you learned?

Rewards: 1 Forge Timer, 1 Forge crafting recipe, and 10,000 gold.

-Forging Part 2-

Good, now in order to get started on forging you need to craft a forge, but atlas its difficult like the book says, I have one, but it needs repaired. The gold I gave you should be enough to make your own. You'll need mostly Molten Iron, and Stone. Oh and you cannot sell Molten Iron as well.

Great! Now craft one!

Alright, were almost done.

Rewards: 10,000 Gold

-Forging Part 3-

Now go to the lava cave in golem court, and place the forge there, don't worry this forge can only be used by you, and you only! I'll meet you up there as soon as I can.

Great job! Now, just come to me when you are ready to become a higher level in forging!

Rewards: Molten Iron x100, Stone x150, 15,000 Gold.

Good enough?

The Winter Weave Brothers.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Lucas Rain on May 26, 2015 wrote:

I don't mind actually helping you out with suggestions, I've got many. Just that forging needs to be hard enough so that it isn't op as it sounds. It should be adjusted in a way that its not op as whoever thinks it is.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
If your thinking that forged armor pieces would be for pvp, It won't be allowed, only certain levels of armor pieces will go into affect.

Levels of Forged Items,

Crude,
Ancient,
Epic,
Mega,
Ultra

The highest forged armor you can use for pvp is Ancient.

Crude is the basic level of forging, but the higher the rank you are for forging, the more chance you will get a Ultra armor piece and you'll be able to forge every single armor piece.

Ancient is another upgrade but you need to be a higher rank for forging in order to get ancient gear.

Epic is the same way like ancient but you need to be higher than Ancient.

Mega and Ultra is the rarest out of all the gear, but will have a cheat spell on them depending on your class.

Examples
Fire: Dot/Stun
Ice: Shield/Stun
Life: Heal
Death: Dot/Heal
Storm: Remove Charm/Blade
Balance: Blade
Myth: Stun

But it doesn't require you to be that class, it just will be rare, life is the rarest though if you get a cheat for a heal.

The Max Cheats you can get is one life, one blade, one hit, and one heal, for each armor piece, or stun.

You can only have 3 plus a heal.

Really overpowered but remember, Ancient will not have cheats on them.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
It's either a too-easy way to get overpowered gear or it's redundant with crafting, farming and jewels. There are lots of paths to custom unique stats already We don't need another mechanism. Increasing the variety of crafted items and jewels would give players the same flexibility with much less development cost.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Gemma Luna on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
It's either a too-easy way to get overpowered gear or it's redundant with crafting, farming and jewels. There are lots of paths to custom unique stats already We don't need another mechanism. Increasing the variety of crafted items and jewels would give players the same flexibility with much less development cost.
Your right. But Wizard101 has some bugs and reports to fix, this could be one way of fixing a report, like saying certain "bosses are too hard," yeah it could be one way of fixing that, and I mean the rank 8 spell cards for each class are so hard to get. This could be a solution. It doesn't need that much development, I was exaggerating a bit with the cheat ideas, it will be overpowered, but certain ranks can/cannot be used for player verses player matches, but I know one thing for sure, player verses player gear cannot be forged or that would be too op. Or in fact forged gear cannot be used for player verses player, it would be too op, all this idea is stating that there should be a fix, for bosses that are hard like to get the rank 8 spell cards. That is what I'm trying to say. Forging would help a lot with hard bosses, even cheating bosses too. But mostly the forged gear will have a chance to "block" a cheat to yourself or others. Like critical block, its the same thing. It should work that way with forged gear. But wizard101 should make this idea as simple as it can get, the only thing I request with this gear is that it can block a cheat spell, that is close to your level.

The Winterweave Brothers

Michael Winterweave
Thomas Winterweave
Malvin Winterweave

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Forging items is not as overpowered as it seems, its just a basic idea. Forge to pieces of armor together, and create a new one that is stronger.

Certain gear won't be able to be forged, like

crown gear,

pvp gear,

pets,

and

amulets.

Trust me I am trying to keep it as simple as I can. The Ideas I come up with are for Kingsisle to decide upon and of course you guys as well. I am welcoming opinions as well. Some how I feel like this idea could be a good one, we just need to fix certain reports, bugs, and other things for wizard101, and this could be a solution to some.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Alright reviewed the comments.

I think you have to craft certain items to forge items, you have to be a min level 60-Max in order to forge items with reagents, but 30-59 reagents are much less expensive.

Like for one part you may need motes, witch are so rare to drop, but you can also craft them,
level 60-89 will only use regular motes to do so. But there will be a new drops added to the challenges.

Mote of Tanking:
Best for tanks. Increases resist and block depending on the armor piece, your level, and class.

Mote of Cheating:
The mote of cheating is the rarest one of all, but very useful. Its just like the "maycast" wands, but it has a 75% lower chance of casting successfully. It depends on your level and class, like say if you are a storm wizard, you cannot use any other class, but storm.

Mote of Damage:
Best for attackers. Increases damage, pierce, and critical, depending on the armor piece, your level and your class.

Mote of Support:
Best for supporters. Increases chance to hit.

Mote of Healing:
Best for Healers. Increases outgoing and incoming healing.

These are overpowered but will only drop if you have done the challenge before and lived, plus will only drop 85% of the time.

The Winterweave Brothers

Michael Winterweave
Malvin Winterweave
Thomas Winterweave