Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hired Hands

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2015
I was thinking about how Wizard is making the houses more interactive, and suddenly I thought about NPCs.
What if you could buy a guardhouse, one type per world, as a furniture item, then each will generate walking guards etc around your house.
Or, even random phantoms, like the ghosts of celestia or something. The added life would really help the houses pop.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
First, welcome to the boards.

I personally like the idea of roaming NPCs, as long as there is a limit on how many a player can have. It can create lag issues if there are too many. I would love to have one or two roaming about though.

I think the biggest challenge with patrolling NPCs is how would your patrollers know where to go? Many players have housing items and some have used housing glitches that alter where you are able to walk. I don't know of an easy fix for that.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lucas Rain on May 6, 2015 wrote:
First, welcome to the boards.

I personally like the idea of roaming NPCs, as long as there is a limit on how many a player can have. It can create lag issues if there are too many. I would love to have one or two roaming about though.

I think the biggest challenge with patrolling NPCs is how would your patrollers know where to go? Many players have housing items and some have used housing glitches that alter where you are able to walk. I don't know of an easy fix for that.
I love the idea. You could always just have them move in set patterns, based on type. Sentry might just walk back and forth a set distance, would be obvious while placing if it fits or not. Other types might roam randomly in a certain area like pets/mounts. Ghosts could move randomly and pass through walls and objects. There's loads of ways to make it work.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
This is a great idea! I think that you should have the option on whenever you want your npc's to move or just stand, though. Also, after placing the npc, you click it, and there is a radius where the npc can move. You select how an npc moves by clicking on a spot on the radius and dragging you mouse across the radius. There is no limit to where and how much an npc can move as long as it's in the radius and your destination should end back where the npc started. The only reason an npc wouldn't be able to carry out your orders is if there is a wall. The only exception to this would be beings like ghosts who can pass through them. There is a button to cancel the order, and if your radius doesn't reach the place you wanted it to, you can always change the guard's standing point like every other piece of furniture. I will now label some suggestions:

Wizard City: Wizard City Privates, Wizard City Sergeants, Fire Elves, Wooden Golems, Banshees, Ghosts, Rotting Fodders, Field Guards, Gobblers, and Fat Gobblers.

Krokotopia: Pure Mander, Fire Mander, Ice Mander, Storm Mander, Krok warrior, Krok pharaoh, Krok Phantom, Order of the Fang member, Marleybonian archeologist, Marleybonian Sentry.

Wysteria: Pigswick student, Pigswick guard, Pegasus, Wood Goblin, Treant.

Grizzleheim: Bear warrior, Raven Shaman, Wolf hunter, Grendel, Giant Spider, Frost Giant.

Marleybone: Marleybonian Saint, Marleybonian Soldier, Marleybonian Naval Officer, Marleybonian Police Officer, Marleybonian Detective, Marleybonian Pilot, Fox thug, Fox business man, Cat Burglar, Cat bodyguard, Cat ninja, Frog worker.

I still have more ideas, feel free to add your own

To be continued . . .

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Continuing my list of Hired Hands:

MooShu: Jade Samoorai, Goat Monk, Goose Monk, Horse Mercenary, Horse Phantom, Crane Monk, Turtle Monk, Samoorai Archer, Oni, Helephant, Storm Elemental, Stormzilla.

Dragonspyre: Dragonspyre Knight, Dragonspyre Knight Ghost, Draconians, Alchemist ghosts, Mercenary ghost, Draconian ghost, Drake Dragons, Fire Dragons.

Celestia: Hermit Crab, Crabs, Mermaids, Angler Thugs, Riverclaws, Marlebonian Underwater Archeologists, Marleybonian Engineering Researchers, Sun Student, Moon Student, Star Student.

To be continued . . .