Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The spells I never got...?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
So I'm level 77 balance, and I was thinking, it's been a while since I got a new spell.
So, I looked up list of balance spells, and looked at those after Chimera. In the prerequisites box two spells said level 75, and one spell said 72. But, I never got those three spells.
So, I clicked on one of the quest hyperlinks, and it brought me to the quest page. I'm in Avalon, and apparently I have to speak to someone who is in Caliburn, which is in Avalon, and I feel like I should have met this person already. I pressed "fine quest" and it said there were no available quests in Avalon, so no one there can help me get the spells.
Can someone explain exactly when I get Manaburn, Supernova, and Nerys? And how?
Myrna Dragoncloud, Trans-descendant

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dragoncloud888 on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
So I'm level 77 balance, and I was thinking, it's been a while since I got a new spell.
So, I looked up list of balance spells, and looked at those after Chimera. In the prerequisites box two spells said level 75, and one spell said 72. But, I never got those three spells.
So, I clicked on one of the quest hyperlinks, and it brought me to the quest page. I'm in Avalon, and apparently I have to speak to someone who is in Caliburn, which is in Avalon, and I feel like I should have met this person already. I pressed "fine quest" and it said there were no available quests in Avalon, so no one there can help me get the spells.
you probably don't meet the quest requirement, level requirement, or both.

it's been a while since i did this myself, so this is probably worth your while to read:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Chimera

do you have ra? if not, then you need to complete that quest before alhazred will summon you for this one.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Mana_Burn
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Nerys

you must be level 72 (or 75 for minion/supernova) and have completed the quest for availing hands, as well as 'no pain, no agravaine'.

hope this helps, sort of.

-von
exalted

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
did you do winter tusk yet that might be a factor

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
All spells, like quests, have prequests. All Balance spells are below. See what you've missed:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Balance_School_Spells

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I have Ra and Chimera and everything, and I've finished Winter Tusk completely, side quests and all. I've done every spell quest up to level 72, so I am still confused as to how to get the spells I missed.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Dragoncloud888 on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
I have Ra and Chimera and everything, and I've finished Winter Tusk completely, side quests and all. I've done every spell quest up to level 72, so I am still confused as to how to get the spells I missed.
Speak to Halston Balestrom for the level 75 minion quest. Friar Nolan in Caliburn has the quest for Mana Burn (No Pain, No Agravaine), after which you can speak to Fianna Yellowknife in High Road for the quest Always After Me Charms, which gives you Supernova.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
How far along are you in Avalon? In the last few worlds since Celestia, KI has put more than just level restrictions on spells. A lot of those spells require you to get a certain distance into the "new" world before you can get them, even if you're the right level. It's not like before where you could be level 58 in Dragonspyre and port to someone in the Floating Land to learn Gargantuan.

You may just have to plod along completing quests until Fianna and/or Friar Nolan beckon you. They will do so once you have completed the required quest. Once of them requires you to fight a battle in The Wild, so you definitely won't get that quest until you make it there. The other is in High Road and comes relatively early in the campaign.

As was already mentioned, go see if Halston Balestrom is waiting to give you the quest for Nerys. That one should already be available.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Thanks for the help guys...I just hadn't progressed through Avalon enough but now I received the No Pain No Agravain quest. I should stop doing so many side quests it's putting me behind lol