Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Oni has too much health!!!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
Usually when I play W101 there aren't many people on, so when I go into a dungeon nobody can really help. I had to try 4 times to defeat the Jade Oni. Does anyone else think that it should have a little less health? Maybe 5000?

Sabrina Wintercloud

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
Nah, I think that just adds a more challenging component to it. I suggest getting treasure cards! You're myth (right?), so if you can get a few tc myth blades and myth traps. Spirit blades/traps are kind of hard to find in the bazaar (from my experience), but they sell them pretty inexpensively at the library. If you don't already know, treasure card blades and regularly learned blades are different, so you can apply both to one spell. Does that make sense? Here's a recommended strategy;

I think the best hitting spell for around Mooshu-finishing-level is Orthrus. If you don't have it learned, I suggest farming for the TC or just simply buying it at the bazaar.

Myth Blade
Spirit Blade
TC Myth Blade
TC Spirit Blade
2 Myth Traps on the boss (since it'll hit two times, you don't want the small attack taking your only trap!)

2 Spirit Traps on the boss (same reason as before)
I'd recommend using other traps you can get from the bazaar, such as feint, hex, etc. Sometimes there's balance blades as well. And if you really cannot do it yourself, you can always get a crowns henchman. I've noticed that from my experience that anything below level 60 are horrible, but 70+ are the best when it comes to not passing for four rounds and blading everyone else except themselves.

Good luck! :)

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Melissa Daydreamer on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
Nah, I think that just adds a more challenging component to it. I suggest getting treasure cards! You're myth (right?), so if you can get a few tc myth blades and myth traps. Spirit blades/traps are kind of hard to find in the bazaar (from my experience), but they sell them pretty inexpensively at the library. If you don't already know, treasure card blades and regularly learned blades are different, so you can apply both to one spell. Does that make sense? Here's a recommended strategy;

I think the best hitting spell for around Mooshu-finishing-level is Orthrus. If you don't have it learned, I suggest farming for the TC or just simply buying it at the bazaar.

Myth Blade
Spirit Blade
TC Myth Blade
TC Spirit Blade
2 Myth Traps on the boss (since it'll hit two times, you don't want the small attack taking your only trap!)

2 Spirit Traps on the boss (same reason as before)
I'd recommend using other traps you can get from the bazaar, such as feint, hex, etc. Sometimes there's balance blades as well. And if you really cannot do it yourself, you can always get a crowns henchman. I've noticed that from my experience that anything below level 60 are horrible, but 70+ are the best when it comes to not passing for four rounds and blading everyone else except themselves.

Good luck! :)
You get Orthrus at level 48, which can be achieved in Mooshu, but you'll need help to access the areas needed for the spell quest. You don't even need it to defeat Jade Oni, so the TCs are unnecessary. A Minotaur or two should be enough with some blades and maybe traps, not forgetting Time of Legend.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
lewski on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
You get Orthrus at level 48, which can be achieved in Mooshu, but you'll need help to access the areas needed for the spell quest. You don't even need it to defeat Jade Oni, so the TCs are unnecessary. A Minotaur or two should be enough with some blades and maybe traps, not forgetting Time of Legend.
your right

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
I beat the Jade Oni alone fairly easily around lvl 43. I didn't even think it was the hardest duel in MS. If you really can't beat him, get some more XP or get a friend to help you.

Malorn Ravenfriend and and just a little

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
You would have to use an Orthrus tc because you have to go to areas like the labyrinth just for the quest to get orthrus

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
Even though Jade Oni has 7500 health he would be an easy kill with a feint, spirit traps, and boost! Boost is essential though because it adds like 200-1500 attack power on depending on how powerful you attack is without it.

Defender
May 17, 2014
He was fairly easy to kill on my fire. My death- not so much. While my death does have feint and all of that, my fire does too since death was it's secondary at the time. I was a really low level on my death, and my fire was a bit higher so it had some really cool spells.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
This is tough for myth because your biggest hitting spell is minotaur that doesn't work well with traps (you need two of every trap to get the full effect). It is quite a bit easier if you have the Ninja pigs spell. You can get Ninja pigs by dueling Koto in the cave of solitude, but you will have to defeat him many times to get the spell to drop. Its worth it, though, Ninja pigs is a very powerful spell, 640 damage for 5 pips, and only a single hit so it works well with feint and other traps.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2012
Ok ok ok let me think

The jade oni is just a last boss of the world really what it's trying to do is train you for malistare which is in dragonspyre the place after Mooshu. I got an idea how bout if you go in there alone and fight it. It has 2500 health if you go in with 2 or more people it's 5000 does that sound reasonable? Here are some tips for people

life wizard
I suggest you take your friends unless your really strong but if not then your gonna need your life traps this oni is strong it casts sareph or whatever I think centaur (possibly) not sure but it is pretty strong so take death Tc for this or bring a friend

Death wizard
No issue XD

Love. Jared frostflame

Survivor
May 18, 2014
Sabrina Winterclou... on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:
Usually when I play W101 there aren't many people on, so when I go into a dungeon nobody can really help. I had to try 4 times to defeat the Jade Oni. Does anyone else think that it should have a little less health? Maybe 5000?

Sabrina Wintercloud
I had the same problem as well. as a life wizard , this battle was especially hard. My strategy is to hit the oni with the highest spell i have (back then, it was centaur) as powerfully as i can (blades, traps, prism for the life wizards, etc.) and repeat. NEVER FORGET TO HEAL AND THAT HE CAN HEAL UP TO 300 IN 3 ROUNDS (the tiny fairy 30 + 90 each for 3 rounds). And remember, if you can't beat him, get backup. but you can do it. 7.5k does seem like a lot, but it's smaller than you think.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Sarah Unicorntail level 41

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
If I can solo it, any one can. I soloed it at 49, i'm Balance. Now at fifty nine I solo it for gear to sell, and pet drops. Today infact I got a nightmare pet drop from him.

Explorer
May 08, 2010
feint double blade, tc spirit blade, tc mythblade, tc medusa
he's dead.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2015
Ya know, i'm ice and secondary life and i went in there with a i think lvl43 life wizard, and we got him with some centaurs, wyverns and one colossus. i didn't have a ton of traps, but i just kept hitting, and it drained all my cards until i had only 1 satyr, but we did it! of course he healed and shielded,and through a few rounds the oni had only 5000 health. but now i'm a higher level than before, and if you want, i can help you get him.

Fiona Dreamer
Jade oni fighting lvl 30 and
and now lvl 32 and
Wiling to help!