Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Future Shadow Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
The brand new era of Shadow Magic that has been introduced into Wizard101 is already making progress. We have lots of brand new Shadow spells that have been released for Level 100's, and there are so many more to come. I'm sure KingsIsle already has lots of ideas for future Shadow spells, but today I'm going to share with you some of my ideas.

A 2-Pip Shadow spell that has a Backlash Overtime spell cast on yourself. These spells can be called Shadow Sacrifices. Every round, the Backlash does damage to you (about 10-15% of your current health), that cannot be modified. This Overtime-Backlash shows at your feet, instead of above your wizard. The Overtime does not go away until you attack, and the longer you allow the Backlash to attack you, the more powerful your next attack will be. Every round you keep the Backlash Overtime on you, your next attack will be 10% powerful.

A 3-Pip Shadow spell that you cast on the other player. I'm getting real dynamic with these ideas. These spells can be called Shadow Ensnarls. You cast these Shadow Spells on a player, and they transform into some kind of deformed, mutilated, or spooky looking creatures for 3 rounds that prevent players from casting certain spells. One can prevent heals, another can prevent positive/negative charms, wards, AoE spells, or maybe certain spells over a set number of Pips, ideally 5 or 6. The caster of the spell receives Backlash, and is struck by it once the victim transforms back into their wizard form.

Finally, a 2-Pip Shadow bubble or Astral-spell-similar-type-of-thingy. Yeah. The Shadow bubble can modify things like Shadow damage, resist, Critical, Critical Block, Backlash damage (can be effectively used by casting the turn after someone transforms into a Shadow creature, and have them take extra damage), Shadow Pip chance, or anything else I haven't mentioned. The Astral-spell-similar-type-of-thingy can do things like Backlash resist, Shadow damage, Shadow Critical, or Shadow Pip chance. Bubbles last until a battle is over or until the bubble is changed, and the Astral-spell-similar-type-of-thingy lasts for 4 rounds.

Feel free to introduce some of your brand new Shadow Spell ideas in the comments, because Wizard101 has just begun this brand new adventure, and there is surely so much more to come in the future!