Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change Your Characters Base Appearance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
I understand that this post is similar to one that has been put up before, but it has been long enough since then for this to be worth mentioning again. I feel the game should allow a player to be able to change their hair color, eye color, starting robe and hat colors, etc. I don't know anything about how video games are made, but if it's not to difficult I ask that this option be put into the game (paying option could be either large amounts of gold or a small amount of crowns?). Myself, as well as many others i've met in the game wish that they could change their base appearance into something else (don't ask me why my characters blue hair and red eyes seemed like a good idea at the time).

-Seth Fireblade, Promethean

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Topher3691 on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
I understand that this post is similar to one that has been put up before, but it has been long enough since then for this to be worth mentioning again. I feel the game should allow a player to be able to change their hair color, eye color, starting robe and hat colors, etc. I don't know anything about how video games are made, but if it's not to difficult I ask that this option be put into the game (paying option could be either large amounts of gold or a small amount of crowns?). Myself, as well as many others i've met in the game wish that they could change their base appearance into something else (don't ask me why my characters blue hair and red eyes seemed like a good idea at the time).

Similar to one? It's the same as tons of posts and requests, to which KI came up with crowns hair.

We will not be able to change eye color, hair is available as crowns, and as for initial gear - why on earth would that need to be changed? You aren't in that gear longer than 4 levels. (New gear at level 5 or earlier)

Survivor
Sep 29, 2013

I agree. My life lvl 18 has green hair and purple eyes . Don't know what i was thinking. Maybe i hit my head. But i would reallyt like to change it so.. ya.

JadeSonga#AllisonJadeSong

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I have seen many games with this option and I like it, but I am not sure why Wizard101 does not do this. They may have reasons for why they don't want to so I feel lack some knowledge sufficient enough to know whether or not this is a good idea.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014

I think that's a REALLY good idea because my wizard's face looks kinda weird....

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
This is why you must be careful and take your wizard's creation into close moderation.
Good questions to ask during character creation:

Do I like this look now
Will I like this look in the future
Is this a fitting look for what I want in my character
Will I regret this choice on my character

I personally stay away from the unnatural hair colors, especially the purple and pink ones. They look very odd. I make characters that have features that go well together. I like to match the eyes with a fitting hair style. I always make my school robes my school colors.