Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mystic Fishing Bundle Available at Walmart USA

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
Good news for fans of Fishing in the Spiral!

The Mystic Fishing Bundle is now available in Walmart stores across the USA. Now your Wizard can select gear and weapons up to Level 100 when you redeem the Mystic Fishing Bundle.

This bundle includes:

• Private Fishing Retreat with Unique Fish to Catch
  • Two-Player Mystic Skiff Mount
  • First Mate Otter Pet
  • Arcane Angler's Outfit
  • Swordfish Sword
  • 1 Month or 5,000 Crowns

https://www.wizard101.com/game/mystic-fishing-bundle

Prepaid cards such as this have a life cycle.
  • They are launched in retail stores in the USA only as that is the distribution available to us through the company that makes the cards.
  • When a new card is introduced, usually we then take an older card and offer it for sale on our website. Many of those older cards can be directly purchased at https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card
  • When the older card has been available on the website for a while, it is then retired as a bundle and no longer offered on the website.
  • Sometimes we make individual items from the bundle available in the Crown Shop for special events, however not all items are offered this way.
I would like to purchase this bundle for my son but where I live (Milwaukee WI area), the bundle has not been available at the local Walmarts. I have checked almost every store in the area and it does not appear that it was ever available. How can I purchase this if the store does not carry it?

Please help.

Thanks

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Is there any more information on this? I would suggest KI use a different partner or an additional partner in this promotion since it appears many Walmart stores do not have these nor apparently want them. The Gamestop by me is good at stocking what they get.

Please consider adding a partner to provide this bundle or make it available online. Walmart is letting you and your paying customers down.

Thanks

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
just wonder but could someone post which states the bundle is being sold in or when they are going to start selling in another state thank you

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I agree, Walmart seems to be hit or miss, mostly miss. When I first starting playing Wizard101, bundles and gift cards were readily available. Now I usually have a tough time even finding a gift card there. I usually just go to Gamestop. That obviously doesn't help with the Fishing Bundle.

I'd like to see all bundles available on the Wizard101 website.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Alric Skyrider on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
I agree, Walmart seems to be hit or miss, mostly miss. When I first starting playing Wizard101, bundles and gift cards were readily available. Now I usually have a tough time even finding a gift card there. I usually just go to Gamestop. That obviously doesn't help with the Fishing Bundle.

I'd like to see all bundles available on the Wizard101 website.
I agree, there are 83 Walmarts in a 50 mile radius from me and no one carries it. Walmart really doesn't seem to be interested in having Wizard 101 cards in stock.

I read in the early posts (Oct 2014) that this is new and we need to be patient, but it is now three months later.
I really wish KI would offer these bundles on their website as well as in the stores and/or have GameStop carry this card as well.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Sadly nothing has changed. While I can appreciate that these cards have a life cycle, that life cycle for many was non-existent from the beginning for this bundle it seems. It was never available locally here, in a major metro area in the US.

I am hoping you can encourage Wal-Mart to put this online. I see they offer the prehistoric bundle online. If not please think about making this bundle available online sooner through KI. I have invested a lot of time and money in the game for my family of 4 to play for years and this is very disappointing.

I would appreciate at least an acknowledgement of the problem.

From one of your parent subscribers.

Thanks

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
mpoffo on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
Sadly nothing has changed. While I can appreciate that these cards have a life cycle, that life cycle for many was non-existent from the beginning for this bundle it seems. It was never available locally here, in a major metro area in the US.

I am hoping you can encourage Wal-Mart to put this online. I see they offer the prehistoric bundle online. If not please think about making this bundle available online sooner through KI. I have invested a lot of time and money in the game for my family of 4 to play for years and this is very disappointing.

I would appreciate at least an acknowledgement of the problem.

From one of your parent subscribers.

Thanks
I'm listening ... unfortunately, going through the same thing here ... maybe just have to wait until they become available on the website 'cause I came up empty trying to ask Wal-Mart about it.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
Still cant seem to find this Bundle Pack either! Any reply from Admin would be awesome!

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
I been looking for this in all my walmarts and have not found it once i can't even fined the 10 doller cards what's up with that and i don't really wanna buy online so when are they going put wizard101 cards back out i kinda getting mad about this because it feels like i wasting my time

Survivor
Dec 05, 2011
Wow, saw the response from Prof. Greyrose back in October, here it is Feb. 9th and my Walmart doesn't carry it either. Yet, when I've been visiting other wizards homes, they have fish I've never even seen. Must be nice to release it in certain areas and make the rest of us wonder if we have to wait till next year...

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Yes, I a still in the same predicament. This essentially amounts to false advertising. If they cannot correct their distribution problem then need to remove this game card I think.

I have suggested other options (making it available online) but no one seems to be watching this thread anymore. I was hopeful for at least a reply about it.

What's the point of having an exclusive with a particular retailer if they don't carry it in many, perhaps most of their stores.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Uh. I am so jealous, wish someday here in Canada they would sell one of the bundle.
Lucky you guys

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I agree, I am disappointed that KI does not reply to this thread and give us some indication as to:

1. KI will eventually make Mystic Fishing Bundle available on-line through KI website.

Or

2. The Mystic Fishing Bundle is gone for good and we can stop dreaming of being able to buy it.

I love the game, but I must say, this is the first time that I am disappointed in KI and their lack of respose.

Not all marketing strategies/products work out... I would understand if the KI and WalMart partnership ran into a clich with this bundle and it was pulled...but really, don't leave your loyal players hanging, let us know.

Administrator
Hello,

The standard has been that after the bundle has been in stores for a long time it is then removed from stores and is available on our website. Please be patient and you may see the Mystic Fishing Bundle available online in the future.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

The standard has been that after the bundle has been in stores for a long time it is then removed from stores and is available on our website. Please be patient and you may see the Mystic Fishing Bundle available online in the future.
Thanks very much for the reply Professor Greyrose. It is appreciated and I am a bit late in replying. :)

I know you may not control everything a retailer does but it would be good to ensure those such as Walmart actually distribute your product. From the feedback from others it appears that this was not readily available in many, many locations. If you continue to work with Walmart may I suggest you ask that they put it online. I know it may not be that simple but it would avoid some of these issues.

Keep up all the great updates in game!

Thanks

Mark

Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
maybe now that they are removing one bundle from online they can add this one? positive thoughts!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
kelmosher on May 5, 2015 wrote:
maybe now that they are removing one bundle from online they can add this one? positive thoughts!
That would be nice. If they follow the "normal" life cycle this may take awhile. I could be wrong but there are some cards that are and have been our there for a long time. Perhaps in the next year or so would be my guess.

I really hope I am wrong or they at least recognize the issues with this one and make it available sooner online.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
For about two years now, none of the Walmart stores around me have carried KI gift cards. They don't even have space on the rack for them. You're just out of luck unless you want Steam or Facebook gift cards. So forget about the shelf life. The Walmart stores in my city don't bother to give ANY KI cards a shelf life. The first Walmart I found in my state was two hours away.
But my sister said that the Walmart she shops at in Georgia has bunches.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Professor Greyrose,

Can you tell us when the Mystic fishing bundle will be online or the Grand Tourney bundle?

I see the Evergreen bundle is online. I may be remembering incorrectly but I believe that came out after the Mystic fishing bundle.

At the very least it would provide some hope since many of your subscribers cannot obtain bundles from Walmart anymore since it seems many or perhaps most stores refuse to carry them. Honestly, please rethink your strategy with this retailer since it is not working. We cannot spend our money on your product if they aren't or never were available to us.

Thanks

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
Hello Professor Greyrose My wife called all the store's in our area Walmart company doesn't carry the cards Anymore for Pirate or wizard 101 We spoke to the store Manager and He said to contact KIngsisle about this issue, I'm writing Because Multiple of my friends want the bundle but can not get it at walmart, Is there a way you can see if Gamestop will start carrying the card to make it eaiser for The players I'm speaking on behalf of Brianna Legendwalker Emily bear And myself as well as the Entire Wizard 101 community

Thanks in advanced
Level 100:
Andrew Lifeweave
Andrew Lifeweave
William Skullblood
William Winterstaff
Andrew Stormwalker

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
Walmart does carry it, and the home office has been working on fixing the problem. The stores in my area carry them. They either have them in stock now, or on order.
If you use the Walmart app you can find out what stores have them. (Sometimes you need to play around with the wording.)

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
mittensk on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
Walmart does carry it, and the home office has been working on fixing the problem. The stores in my area carry them. They either have them in stock now, or on order.
If you use the Walmart app you can find out what stores have them. (Sometimes you need to play around with the wording.)
That is great that you can get them. However they are still not available locally by me and I would guess most others. No one said that were not available to everyone just not to many people.

I used the App as you suggested in the other thread and it did not show anything. If there were specific terms you used to search let us know. Even if I find it online, I am not driving out of state or a long distance to obtain these cards.

Also how do you know Walmart is working on the problem?