Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zero

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
So this isn't really a problem for me since my rank is pretty high. However some people in this game have super low low low ranks like my friend he has 16 but I feel bad cause he's gonna pretty much have to wait for the ranks to be reset. Which is why it got me thinking why can't KI start the ranks at zero. That way people couldn't rank down pass the starting amount. Another solution would be to make it so you cannot rank down pass 500 cause I mean it's really messed up how you can rank down farther then the starting amount. Some of you might complain well if it's zero then it will be even harder to get to commander or warlord. Well KI could simply change the rank points needed for the rank for example 800 is commander that's 500 plus 300 so if the starting rank was zero then commander would be 300 rank instead of an 800 which means warlord would be 400 it's a simple fix. I just don't feel it's right to rank a person down farther then the starting amount. I think a lot more people would be happy as well if you couldn't rank down from the starting amount.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Two words: Rank Inflation.
If you start at 0 and can't go down, what happens when you lose a lot? The other player will gain rank, but you don't lose rank. Generation of rank at low level will trickle up to high levels, and then we're gonna have some mega-overlords.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
Robobot1747 on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
If you start at 0 and can't go down, what happens when you lose a lot? The other player will gain rank, but you don't lose rank. Generation of rank at low level will trickle up to high levels, and then we're gonna have some mega-overlords.
If you read wt I said you'll notice I said they should fix it so you cannot rank down past the starting amount which means you'll still lose rank but you shouldn't go down past 500 which is the starting cause some people give up on pvp because there ranks drop so low past 500 I'm not saying that KI should make it so when u lose you don't lose any rank I'm saying KI should make it so you at least cannot rank down past 500 or just start the ranks at 0 and make it so you don't rank down past 0.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
NorthStarXSHINE on Sep 26, 2014 wrote:
If you read wt I said you'll notice I said they should fix it so you cannot rank down past the starting amount which means you'll still lose rank but you shouldn't go down past 500 which is the starting cause some people give up on pvp because there ranks drop so low past 500 I'm not saying that KI should make it so when u lose you don't lose any rank I'm saying KI should make it so you at least cannot rank down past 500 or just start the ranks at 0 and make it so you don't rank down past 0.
What I meant was that at 0 rank you can't lose any, but the opponent gains some, so that generates rank. The winning player may lose to a higher-ranked player, who may lose to another higher-ranked player, so the rank trickles up. Granted, making a new character adds 500 rank into the system, but most characters don't lose PvP that much to make it too significant.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
Robobot1747 on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
Other players could lose rank just as well even if you don't lose, and people with high ranks eventually are not able to get games as fast and fight people at the same skill level. So it be the same as the normal system except people wouldn't have to worry about having to get their rank back to 500 just so they can start ranking up again.