Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
i done all the quests for crafting but do not understand how you get items to craft.level 100 and never have een told where you get items you can craft to obtain better gear like people talk about jade gear where do they get it to craft. is sticting items a type of crafting or is it something tolally diffrerent.i usally just play the game and garden now i am interested in crafting can someone tell me how it works i would truely be grateful for some advise.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
petro33 on Sep 17, 2014 wrote:
i done all the quests for crafting but do not understand how you get items to craft.level 100 and never have een told where you get items you can craft to obtain better gear like people talk about jade gear where do they get it to craft. is sticting items a type of crafting or is it something tolally diffrerent.i usally just play the game and garden now i am interested in crafting can someone tell me how it works i would truely be grateful for some advise.
In the worlds of the Spiral there are vendors that sell items you can craft. Use caution here as some gear is worth the bother some is not. I usually craft the Level 56 gear that is located at a vendor in Sudrilund Wintertusk instead of farming endlessly in Waterworks. You must use the Ice Forge in Grizzlehiem to craft this gear. I also craft a pair of boots located in Avalon as my critical block tends to run low so it helps my Wyd Oak Staff get my block up more. I have also crafted up the Senators gear dropped by the Olympus event, this I do mainly because I have an abundance of reagents, the stat increase is not remarkable.

It is not possible to craft all in game gear - only gear offered from the vendors. Stitching only takes the stats of one item and moves them to the look of another and does not have anything to do with crafting.

If you have crafted in DragonSprye you have the general idea of vendors selling because one of the quests involves crafting a robe which you go back to Mooshu for.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The quest for the Transcendant Crafter you get in the second half of Khrysalis. Jade gear isn't crafted, it comes from card packs. Crafting recipes are sole by various vendors all over the Spiral.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Recipe_Vendor

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
Delver
Oct 27, 2009
You don't have to be a member to craft. The first craft quest in Wizard City is found in a free area. You can buy reagents in the bazaar. You do need to have access to pay areas pretty quick to do higher level craft quests. Either membership, or getting access with crowns would be needed to get to the other craft teachers. If you already have a lot of access to areas you bought with crowns, you can continue to advance in crafting. If the only place you can access is Wizard City, your ability to craft is going to be very limited.