Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Got wrong pet when hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2014
I was in the hatchery recently I hatched with a regular dryad and a forlorn sabertooth and when the egg hatched the result was a rotting dryad which there is no possible way for a hybrid of the dryad to result in a hatch where it was a regular dryad and a sabertooth hybrid. An I was hatching with a wizard so there would be a chance that I would get the regular dryad.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ship144 on Sep 14, 2014 wrote:
I was in the hatchery recently I hatched with a regular dryad and a forlorn sabertooth and when the egg hatched the result was a rotting dryad which there is no possible way for a hybrid of the dryad to result in a hatch where it was a regular dryad and a sabertooth hybrid. An I was hatching with a wizard so there would be a chance that I would get the regular dryad.
There obviously is a way for this to hatch - it did.
You did not receive "the wrong" pet - there is no guarantee at ever getting the pet you want.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Hybrid forms of pets can spawn other hybrids when hatched with same level school pets. Your hatch was a life pet with a death/balance hybrid and resulted in a death/life hybrid pet. There's nothing wrong there, just rare.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
hatch with someone who has the HYB already so you can remove 1 per possible out of the picture. so from 1 in 3 to 50/50 chance.