Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best gear in the game?

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Hey all.. I have been away for over a year and was wondering with all the new phat lootz out there what is the best gear out there? I have a few level 90s and am just wondering how to get the proper stuff for resists/dmg. Thanks :)

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
The best gear in the games is dropped by hades, the final boss in tartarus. Tartarus is in aquila, an optional zone you can access from cyclops lane. The hades gear is really rare but worth it so that is the best but waterworks gear is a close second.
Tara

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It depends on your school and what you are doing. I use some pack and crafted items, but mostly Waterworks gear on my level 100s most of the time. You really need to compare stats and think about what you are doing -- tank, hammer, healer, solo, PvP, PvE, mobs, bosses, etc and change stuff to do that optimally. Getting locked into one build for everything is limiting.

btw I have full sets of Hades gear for two wiz, but rarely use any of it, because it isn't 'best" in what i want most of the time. Consider your own needs.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I am death.. I mostly solo but my daughter <who is life> sometimes groups with me. I have gotten up to hades but have not been able to beat him yet.. So looks like I will need to spend time in waterworks....

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Idony09 on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I am death.. I mostly solo but my daughter <who is life> sometimes groups with me. I have gotten up to hades but have not been able to beat him yet.. So looks like I will need to spend time in waterworks....

Our 98 level death wizard still uses the crafted Wintertusk gear which is some what like the Waterworks gear with out the farming. We compensate gear shortage with other resources such as a tight deck set up, having the most available spells that enhance the death spells, pets etc..

After level 60 general stats sets seem to fall off the map and I personally am left wondering what to do about it too. Then it turns into how do you play, offensive or defensive etc.. The game was much easier when there was a general set of gear such as the Waterworks gear to fall back on. Some have several sets of gear they travel around with - which is fine but I already have different decks set up now gear has to be switched around making it a chore to just get a quest done?

We get used to the gear improvement every 5-10 levels but that stops at level 60 because the Bazaar just doesn't have any thing worth it but maybe a wand past the lvl 58 gear sets, I wouldn't want to go past Zafaria with that gear though.

Some schools are worse to compensate for then others, on my life wizard if I don't maintain near 100% pip chance everyone has already all around the mobs before I even have a chance at Forest Lord, it's worse if I am soloing - geez.

To be fair I guess in order for the game to get harder some of us must scramble for gear to keep up.

Mary

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Idony09 on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:

I personally use the Waterworks hat and boots and the Wintertusk crafted robe ( http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Chief's_Garb_of_Flames )