Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

tired of gardening and pet training

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
Ever since the nerfing of fairy I lost interest slowly and to the point I no longer want to garden even. I used to buy energy all the time and never do anymore. My question is, how long can you leave plants elder in your garden? I have many potatoes, emp's, and dhe's I just no longer want to deal with. I am hoping that maybe at some point I will get interested again. The problem is my back packs on my chars are almost full, shared bank is full and individual banks cannot support all these seeds. I don't want to chance losing the seeds but I don't want to harvest them cause I have no where to put them. Will leaving them at elder stage ruin them if I want to harvest them at some time in the future or will I lose them?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Elder plants stay in elder form until harvested, without needs. You can leave them indefeinitely without ever losing anything as the game currently stands. Second Spring will make them appear Mature so you don't have all glowing ghosts of plants, but otherwise doesn't change the nature of Elder being immune to needs. So you are completely safe in allowing your Elders to just sit there until/if you choose to return to gardening in the future.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2012
I've left my elder plants for weeks at a time and never had a problem. I believe they will be good indefinitely.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Elder plants do not develop needs, and therefore cannot die. Enjoy infinite elder plant life.
What we really need is separate seed storage, I too am cursed with like 100 seeds and nothing to do with them.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Three of my gardening wizards have given up on gardening altogether because of the hassles of storage.

If seeds stacked in my backpack and bank, I feel like I could breathe again.

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
Ok thanks guys I have let 2 of my gardens just sit there at elder, the others I am just getting to that point while finishing the training on a couple of pets and then I am done for a while. thanks for your input.