Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Opponents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2008
So, a while ago I got some crowns and bought new stuff and wanted to see how well I could perform in PVP. May I just say, I am not that good at all... XD. Anyway, the most common type of wizard I seem to be fighting is Necromancers. They usually seem to use an efficiently charged Skeletal Dragon followed by Poison on me. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or strategies on how to beat those tricky wizards?

Thank you!!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
Both these spells are overtime, and therefore you have ample time to set up a good hit of stack enough shields to survive four hits. Really try to take advantage of your time with a death wizard (I have never lost against one).

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Being a level 50 Death myself I can tell you that that strategy works well for a reason, there isn't much you can do against it. Stacking weaknesses is one option, a fortify is nice. Triage TC is helpful but timing is key, the poison follow-up will leave you helpless. IMO the best counter is to attack before they do!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Pyromancero on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
So, a while ago I got some crowns and bought new stuff and wanted to see how well I could perform in PVP. May I just say, I am not that good at all... XD. Anyway, the most common type of wizard I seem to be fighting is Necromancers. They usually seem to use an efficiently charged Skeletal Dragon followed by Poison on me. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or strategies on how to beat those tricky wizards?

Thank you!!
this happened to me in my last match; fortunately, i have a max-level death wizard, so i know what strategies they favour and how to counter them.

death is a very tactical school and requires extensive buffing to be effective, so don't let them blade-stack.

if you are fire, storm, or myth, do anything you can to keep those blades off~ earthquake, enfeeble, steal charm... even if you can't use the blade, better you have it than they do. also:

-strangle (death dispels)
-spam shields and weakness
-pack some cleanse ward to get rid of their feints.
-carry cleanse charm to keep their infections off
-don't bother with spirit armour (because absorbs do not affect death's drain spells).

good luck!

-von
knight