Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wysteria - Unfinished? Ancestral Powers

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hi,

I feel like Wysteria is unfinished... I wish those Schools and Professors would really teach us some spells or something like that. I think it could be an advanced version of each school.

For instance, if you are Life you have an advanced version of your own school which is known as School of Earth, and then we are back to the already-existing Schools in Wysteri.

[Spoiler]
The storyline could be something like there are unknown magic powers that have been kept for years by the Professors, but now the Ancestral powers need to be restored in order to help us, Wizards, defeat the upcoming Evil that requires brand new spells that will not only assist ourselves in battle, but also help us understand the real truth about what has caused Evil to be widespread throughout the spiral.
[Spoiler ends here]

Well, that's just a gross idea for those schools, but I think that they shouldn't be just left into oblivion.

(P.S: I do know Wysteria is a side world, which doesn't require completion to advance, but as it has been said, that's an idea!)

Thanks all for commenting!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Great Idea Love it Charles RedBlood level 18 pyromancer

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
As said in previous posts, Pigswick Academy doesn't teach real magic. Since it doesn't teach any magic I'd assume they are just fake schools of magic alternating the real magic schools like Ember = Fire, Frost = Ice, Chaos = Myth, Earth = Life, Spirit = Death, Tempest = Storm, and Equilibrium = Balance. That being said if they really are fake names for magic school then there isn't such spells for them.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
If you read through the dialogue of Wysteria carefully, you can tell that they do not even teach magic to their students there.

Sean Firesword

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
I actually like this idea. I think it would be cool to get training from the teachers in Wysteria.

To some of the comments above about Pigswick Academy being a fake school, there's two things that would be wrong with this analogy, unless there's some other sort of storyline partnered with Wysteria that I did not read over:

1) All of the Pigswick Academy students use normal spells. Even if they cheat, they still use normal spells that we ourselves are accessible to. They had to have learned it from somewhere, so it should have been from the professors.

2) What would be the purpose in having Pigswick Academy as a fake school? No purpose whatsoever, unless people decided to just join together, put up props and watched the rest of the worlds in the Spiral think they were a legit school and have a good laugh.

Like I said, I'm not saying it's impossible that it's a fake school, there could be storylines added to make that apparent. But in the normal storyline, they don't give much indication that what they're teaching is anything fake.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
@ZeiZei

Thanks for your thoughts, I don't need to explain my point since you did it so throughly.

Whenever I enter a school in Wysteria I feel like there could be actual spells to be learned from those Profersors, it definitely would be awesome! I mean, the world is already made the only thing missing are spells.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
Wysteria is one of my favorite worlds despite the fact that it is the smallest world. The least they could do with Wysteria is make more parts to it. I just did wysteria a couple of days ago and it only took me 1 hour to complete the storyline and all side quests possible( except for tower of helephant). I think they should expand Wysteria kind of like they did with Khrysalis. If you go to where Prospector Zeke is in Wysteria you can see that behind him is a giant door that is blocked off with metal bars. They could allow people to go through that door into another litttle town with other areas to cover. This would make Wysteria so much more fun. I always felt like Wysteria wasn't complete and it was just to short. Another thing that gets me thinking is that once you beat Randolf in the tournament and you talk to Belladonna Crisp she says next year Pigswick academy will win the spiral cup. Maybe in an update there can be a second tournament where you face harder people, and possibly make the battles look like a real pvp tournament.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
ZeiZei on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
I actually like this idea. I think it would be cool to get training from the teachers in Wysteria.

To some of the comments above about Pigswick Academy being a fake school, there's two things that would be wrong with this analogy, unless there's some other sort of storyline partnered with Wysteria that I did not read over:

1) All of the Pigswick Academy students use normal spells. Even if they cheat, they still use normal spells that we ourselves are accessible to. They had to have learned it from somewhere, so it should have been from the professors.

2) What would be the purpose in having Pigswick Academy as a fake school? No purpose whatsoever, unless people decided to just join together, put up props and watched the rest of the worlds in the Spiral think they were a legit school and have a good laugh.

Like I said, I'm not saying it's impossible that it's a fake school, there could be storylines added to make that apparent. But in the normal storyline, they don't give much indication that what they're teaching is anything fake.
I suspect the "fake school" angle was the developers' attempt to head off massive game changes associated with adding 7 more groups of spells, animations, bug testing, complaints, etc. When Wysteria came out, that would have been a lot to bite off at one time. Even now, it probably would be an insane amount of labor, like creating a whole other parallel game within the one that exists.