Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Pet For Each School!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
I have 6 wizards on my account and I was wondering which pet would be best for each school? I do not PVP so a pet that helps with that would not be very useful. I have every wizard school except for balance, so which pet do you think would be the best?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Any pet that helps really. I pick for looks and utility. All schools can benefit from boosting resist, damage, and accuracy, so talents like sharp-shot, spell proof, and pain giver are good for everyone. So are healing talents and universal buff cards like feint, hex, and dragonblade.

Some players go a step beyond and hatch for school specific pets with extra damage or resist to a certain class. That's great to have but might take more hatching than to get a basic pet.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
theurgistswag on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
I have 6 wizards on my account and I was wondering which pet would be best for each school? I do not PVP so a pet that helps with that would not be very useful. I have every wizard school except for balance, so which pet do you think would be the best?
I used to train for school targeted pets then as my wizards numbers grew I felt a universal pet was more practical, one I could switch to any wizard and it would be useful.

It takes time to get pets in general that are useful. I started with Starfish, Frankinbunny and Enchanted Armament as my base hatch pets. 2 hatches with another brought in Unicorn and Fairy Friend. I already had Spell Proof, healing current and Spritely in the mix.

After many hatches I use the Frankinbunnies when I am in group for the 2 healing current cards it gives and the Enchants for regular questing for the extra sharpen blades it gives.

My Life wizard is the only one I will keep so the rest are called disposable wizards so universal pets are more practical for me.

Mary

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
theurgistswag on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Well I would have to say the level 98 school pets,

Lord of winter pet for ice wizard.

Deep leviathan pet for storm.

Sun Serpent pet for fire

Dryad pet for life.

Medusa pet for myth.

Avenging Fossil for death.

And, even though you don't need it, Sabertooth for balance.
These pets give amazing abilities for their certain school only and it is so useful. But they are level 98+ so you will have to get them from hatching.
I have the Dryad pet for my life wizard and it is ancient, it is already super useful. Good luck on getting them.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think the Enchanted Armament is the most useful pet type for any school, especially before Azteca. The three sharpen blade cards are immensely useful at lower levels before you have access to learning the spell, and at higher levels because they stack with the learned spell. I use that for my base pet and hatch whatever talents I want into, varying depending if I'm going for a defensive or offensive pet. In general I find school pets are only good for adding talents to the pool.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
I think you should go with the brown spider, spark beast, pheonix, or any life pets.
I would with the life pets because that's the best way for your pet to have a healing spell such as: unicorn or sprite.
The specific pets because they look cool and have great attacks and look really cool