Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

color issue

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 17, 2009
Are there any plans yet to fix the hair color issue? The "red" needs to be fixed to match the red used when we create wizards please. I want to be able to have red hair, not very weird orange. Thank you.

Also, why can't I dye outfits brown? I know brown is a color some outfits come in as my sister who is a much higher level wizard got a cool brown outfit as a drop. I want to be able to dye outfits brown- it's my favorite color after red.

Thank you.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
When they made the game, they limited it to a certain number of colors available in the database. More girls liked pink, more boys liked brown, so those colors got split. Boys got brown, girls got pink.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
mittensk on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Are there any plans yet to fix the hair color issue? The "red" needs to be fixed to match the red used when we create wizards please. I want to be able to have red hair, not very weird orange. Thank you.

Also, why can't I dye outfits brown? I know brown is a color some outfits come in as my sister who is a much higher level wizard got a cool brown outfit as a drop. I want to be able to dye outfits brown- it's my favorite color after red.

Thank you.
Issue 1:
Send a note to KI. Tell them they need shading for the red hair to be red hair not a weird orange (this happens to my dark brown, it turns out a really pale brown)

Issue 2:
Some outfits can't be dyed certain colors. Take for instance, the unicorn pet and the dragon pet. The unicorn pet can't be dyed any color where as a dragon can be dyed many colors.

-Brianna Starsong, legendary wizard