Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trial of Spheres Solo?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 01, 2011
So I am finally at the end of Celestia, but there is one problem. I never see anyone by the sigils to do Trial of Spheres. I'm a level 69 Death wizard. Would it be possible to solo it, or even use some henchman? I have my 9 pip spell, and almost all of my Water Work gear (I just need the robe.)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
xHappilyDivergentx on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
So I am finally at the end of Celestia, but there is one problem. I never see anyone by the sigils to do Trial of Spheres. I'm a level 69 Death wizard. Would it be possible to solo it, or even use some henchman? I have my 9 pip spell, and almost all of my Water Work gear (I just need the robe.)
I did it with my Ice Wizard who was at a lower level, for the same reason. No friends around and no one else around either. It took hours and I did have to use henchmen... but as Death you have an advantage in your draining spells. I think it's totally solo-able for a Death wizard.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
It is possible but it would be difficult. If you do, be sure to mark your spot in the fairgrounds in wizard city to fill your potions whenever necessary. It is highly unlikely you won't get defeated at one point or another, so remember this - you have a half hour after each defeat to get back to wherever you where. During this time, do not log off or switch realms. If you do all progress will be lost. You only have one half hour (30 minutes) to get back in the dungeon. It also might help if you bought a henchman for the bosses. It is a very difficult dungeon, so be sure to have a wizard101 cite (such as wizard101 central or wiki) or blogpost (such as duelist101 and others) to search certain things such as puzzles, paths, and boss cheats.
Best of luck
Grace DreamRider

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
xHappilyDivergentx on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
Oh I'm a level 68 , I can't defeat the first boss, he cheats.

Defender
May 11, 2012
I don't know how others feel, but in my opinion, the Trial of the Spheres cannot be soloed. It is a VERY long and difficult dungeon, and one of the bosses you fight in there keeps bringing back his minions even after you have killed them. I am so glad I don't have to do that dungeon again. (Now I have to worry about the Jabberwock ).

Good luck. When I am on again, I will pop by the area to see if you are there and still looking for help. If you are, and I have the time, I will help you, but it would also be good idea to bring a life school wizard along.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Defender
May 01, 2011
Autumn Rain on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
I don't know how others feel, but in my opinion, the Trial of the Spheres cannot be soloed. It is a VERY long and difficult dungeon, and one of the bosses you fight in there keeps bringing back his minions even after you have killed them. I am so glad I don't have to do that dungeon again. (Now I have to worry about the Jabberwock ).

Good luck. When I am on again, I will pop by the area to see if you are there and still looking for help. If you are, and I have the time, I will help you, but it would also be good idea to bring a life school wizard along.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79
Thanks, but I finished it. I learned that I can't solo it. Lol, but I did it with a level 58 Death wizard and we finished in not even 30 minutes!

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
When bosses cheat, cheat right back. Look them up in the wiki and see how their cheats work. Defeating Astreus spamming attacks at him won't work, you have to find a way to get rid of his 90% tower shield. Most schools have some sort of steal or dispel that will work. Keep in mind tower shield is an ice spell so ice dispel works, as does the balance spell elemental defuse. If you don't have a learned spell that will do the trick go to the bazaar and buy some pierce treasure cards. His minions are a nuisance, I have found the best way to deal with them is to defeat two but leave one alone, if you remove all three he just replaces them. Once you figure out how to defeat Astreus, the hard part is over, the other Trial of Spheres bosses are significantly easier.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Oh, and about henchmen. Don't even think about bringing henchmen. Their essentially random attacks will just trigger the boss cheats and get you killed. You defeat Trial of Spheres bosses by figuring out how to work around their cheats, not by spamming random damage at them.

I do wish you could get life henchmen that did nothing but heal, but they don't work that way.