Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is Hades fight gear drop rates so low?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
Ok. I have spent hours and hours in this dungeon on my storm and fire wizards with nothing good to show for it other than worthless Senator's gear. Now I understand the rationality that Hades gear should be difficult to get, but this is a difficult dungeon that is very time consuming to complete. Furthermore, there are 5 different sets of gear as potential drops, excluding wands.

There are a whole 12 other unique clothing items 2 sets of Hades, a set of Poseidon, and a set of Zeus gear, and 3 different wands to farm for. Why is it then that Senator gear must continue to drop from Hades? Players don't need it. Players don't want it. And it leaves a very very bad taste in a players mouth who has just spent 2 hours getting to Hades just to walk away with a set of boots they could have easily gotten from the Death Satyr boss back in the beginning. To add insult to injury there are no mega snacks or other decent rewards for completing the dungeon, and IMO for the most part Tartarus is nothing more than a giant time vampire.

Honestly, the drop rates are so horrible I could have an entire world done before I could get the first set of Hades gear.

Please KI, increase the drop rates of Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus gear from the Hades fight and eliminate Senator's gear.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
because they do a lot of of things resistance, damage, power pip, chance, health, accuracy, critical chance, critical block, outgoing health, and comes with lava lord card no matter what armor it is. hoped this helped

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Blaze Shadowrider on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
Ok. I have spent hours and hours in this dungeon on my storm and fire wizards with nothing good to show for it other than worthless Senator's gear. Now I understand the rationality that Hades gear should be difficult to get, but this is a difficult dungeon that is very time consuming to complete. Furthermore, there are 5 different sets of gear as potential drops, excluding wands.

There are a whole 12 other unique clothing items 2 sets of Hades, a set of Poseidon, and a set of Zeus gear, and 3 different wands to farm for. Why is it then that Senator gear must continue to drop from Hades? Players don't need it. Players don't want it. And it leaves a very very bad taste in a players mouth who has just spent 2 hours getting to Hades just to walk away with a set of boots they could have easily gotten from the Death Satyr boss back in the beginning. To add insult to injury there are no mega snacks or other decent rewards for completing the dungeon, and IMO for the most part Tartarus is nothing more than a giant time vampire.

Honestly, the drop rates are so horrible I could have an entire world done before I could get the first set of Hades gear.

Please KI, increase the drop rates of Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus gear from the Hades fight and eliminate Senator's gear.
Not enough players who play this game think this is a problem or it would stop.

As long and players "like" farming for rare to impossible items and prefer to get their rewards that way it will continue.

Mary

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
My dad and brother have done over 100 runs through Tartarus to help other people, but don't use any gear from there. My dad has all the Poseidon and Zeus, and at least some Hades for his storm, but doesn't like any of it, so you might want to look closely at the stats and figure out what you are farming for before you waste a lot of time there. My brother uses some death boots once in a while but that is about it. Most of the drops from there are nothing special.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gemma Luna on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
My dad and brother have done over 100 runs through Tartarus to help other people, but don't use any gear from there. My dad has all the Poseidon and Zeus, and at least some Hades for his storm, but doesn't like any of it, so you might want to look closely at the stats and figure out what you are farming for before you waste a lot of time there. My brother uses some death boots once in a while but that is about it. Most of the drops from there are nothing special.
It depends on how you play the game. Also there are multiple sets of Hades gear. One set gives resist, the others don't. For example, the storm set with defense is a lot more powerful than Waterworks gear or crafted gear. The attack set is mostly all higher damage, critical and pierce with no resist boosts. Both sets and mixing and matching offer a load of various setups for different strategies in both PvE and PvP.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Gemma Luna on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
I don't Mind the drop rate for questing ( Farming ) it makes it worth the while once you finally get it .... but What I Don't Like is fighting something Hard Winning ( Finally ) and getting drops that dropped a few worlds back .... I believe the harder the fight the better the drop should be ....

Thanks For Reading ....

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
Wow, someone understands. I am completely with you. The chance of getting a gear drop from Hades is like 1 out of a billion, meaning that it practically never happens, which is really really annoying. I have literally done Hades TOO MANY TIMES. I am pretty much done with even trying anymore, and all I have gotten is Poseidon's Helm, that's it. I have spent hours upon hours in this dungeon, and still, nothing. I mean, come on KI, show some mercy!

Mariah Skullhunter
(level 95 death)

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I have to agree. I've farmed this dungeon hundreds of times ( not exactly sure because I lost count ) in the past 3-4 months and I've gotten just about every piece of every set EXCEPT the hades defensive set, the one set I need to do well in the game. I feel like I see so much other people in game with the hades defensive gear they want with in a reasonable amount of time. It almost seems like waiting this long for ONE thing you want is unreal. The one thing I get just about every single run of mine is of course, senator gear. Just yesterday, i made a profit of over 100, 000 gold from all the senator gear i fed to my pet. I too think they should raise the hades gear drop back to what it was and take out senator gear, also because of preparation for khrysalis part 2. I've spent way to much time in my room on weekends hoping for some luck at good gear, and I am going to stop paying for this game if I don't get AT LEAST the hades defensive robe by around april because I just got out of another run and I got yet another senator toga. Yay!

Tristan Winterflame, 95

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Would be nice if the hades drop rate was like water works. in general you would have your set in 20-40 or so runs, In some cases a few more in others they could get the set on one single run.

put a signal at hades door so a group can crawl down there and just keep going back in to fight hades over and over. Add a loot chest box, think of all the crown income ki would make here?

This camp for the good gear players want is just like loremaster farming like a 10th of 1 percent chance to get even a name armor item. and most of the time that roll's up as senator's :D

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
masterryan1969 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
Would be nice if the hades drop rate was like water works. in general you would have your set in 20-40 or so runs, In some cases a few more in others they could get the set on one single run.

put a signal at hades door so a group can crawl down there and just keep going back in to fight hades over and over. Add a loot chest box, think of all the crown income ki would make here?

This camp for the good gear players want is just like loremaster farming like a 10th of 1 percent chance to get even a name armor item. and most of the time that roll's up as senator's :D
Waterworks took me more than that by a long shot and Hades never took that many on any of my wizards. It's all just luck and should stay that way.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
masterryan1969 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:

They rent and sell the dungeon for crowns already, adding a loot box would make them less money, not more.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I agree with the OP.

I have done Tortureus on 3 different wizards. I've completed the instance about 100 times between them, and I only have one piece of gear to show for it.

ONE. 1. UNO.

The OP nailed it, right on the head. I can understand a "challenge", but this... this is not a challenge. It is an insult, a complete and utter waste of time.

I am not asking for KI to make it easy. I am asking for reward equal to the time and effort we put in. Giving us things like non-mega snacks, rank 1 reagents like mist wood, and senator junk at the end of that madness is an insult to this game and all the players who waste their time like this.

A game should not be a job. Yes, it's a dungeon, but putting in time should not mean doing time.

If we all just gave up and quit, I bet KI would wake up real fast... I hope it doesn't come to that. But, if that's what's required to make them start listening to their community, then I will do it. Hitting them where it hurts (the bank) may be the only way to make ourselves heard.

-von

(both of my subs are both up in october and, unless this changes, i will not be renewing)