Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stay Out!

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
seethe42 on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
So let them die. Just ignore them. It's really that simple. You know it has no real effect on you.
i can, and i do. but your assumption that it has 'no real effect' on me is dead wrong.

you see, having to fight 3 monsters by myself and/or waste time killing the extra mob that your level 20 friend dragged in at the end of a battle does have a very-real effect on me: it impacts my time.

i don't live on the internet. i have people to see and things to do; if i have limited playing time at a given moment, your friend has just cost me precious minutes that i can't have back.

why should your/your friend's decisions negatively impact me?
are you and your friend more important that the rest of us?

-

@amber, i don't carry heals or shields for mob fights anyway. so those people are out of luck, lol.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dr Von on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
i can, and i do. but your assumption that it has 'no real effect' on me is dead wrong.

you see, having to fight 3 monsters by myself and/or waste time killing the extra mob that your level 20 friend dragged in at the end of a battle does have a very-real effect on me: it impacts my time.

i don't live on the internet. i have people to see and things to do; if i have limited playing time at a given moment, your friend has just cost me precious minutes that i can't have back.

why should your/your friend's decisions negatively impact me?
are you and your friend more important that the rest of us?

-

@amber, i don't carry heals or shields for mob fights anyway. so those people are out of luck, lol.
It costs you MAYBE waiting one extra round for the new mob to join so you can kill all with the AOE spell that you were already going to cast anyways. Unless they joined after you cast, that truly is annoying. But it's all just part of life in MMO's. If you want an isolated gaming situation, go play a console game. Wanting to restrict the game severely just because you feel a little bothered over how other people play it is extremely arrogant. Also the situation is far too rare to warrant changing the game for it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
seethe42 on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
It costs you MAYBE waiting one extra round for the new mob to join so you can kill all with the AOE spell that you were already going to cast anyways. Unless they joined after you cast, that truly is annoying. But it's all just part of life in MMO's. If you want an isolated gaming situation, go play a console game. Wanting to restrict the game severely just because you feel a little bothered over how other people play it is extremely arrogant. Also the situation is far too rare to warrant changing the game for it.
read the replies again.

there have been several posts made on this subject. the situation is obviously not that rare; i'm clearly not the only one who is annoyed by it. plus, you state that i- a player who has worked hard, done her time, and earned the privilege of being in the high-level worlds- am arrogant, just because i ask that people respect my time?

no, seethe~ arrogance is inconveniencing other players simply because you feel like it- which, according to you, is totally acceptable because your wants and needs somehow supersede those of everyone else.

i don't care how someone else plays the game, until it negatively impacts me. and i don't want an isolated gaming experience; i want people to pay their dues, so to speak, and respect the fact that there are other players who may not want their gaming experience disrupted.

-

here is my suggestion: when you port to a world that you have not unlocked by quest progression, one of the following should happen:

1) you may wander around all you want, check things out, whatev., but system restrictions will prevent you from joining any battles or gaining xp;.

OR

2) as soon as you port to someone, you are 'leashed' to that person and cannot join any battles to which you have not been specifically invited.

problem solved. you're all welcome.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Your mean,

Yes I know I'm Lvl 59, but I can help friends that are stuck on bosses and dungeons. This will never happen, hopefully

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
No, it's completely irrelevant who is in the world with you. I like having low level friends in the world with me all the time, it gives them a taste of something new we all were there once, so please be considerate of the people reading this topic. I take this topic offensive, I hope KI keeps the game the same it's perfect the way it is. I'm not looking for an issue so don't reply, that's the last thing I want to do. Thank you.

- Scarlet Moonstone lvl 41

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I know I stated on another thread that I was done with arguing, but Seethe just makes it so tempting...
It all boils down to this statement he made. He called someone arrogant. Yes, this is on a thread where he has dictated how he thinks things should be. And expected you to agree. And where, as in Dr. Von's case, he has dictated what he thinks Dr. Von's annoyance level should be. Not to mention where he said 'oh it only wastes a little bit of your time'. So Seethe is the best judge of all of our annoyance levels. And the best judge of how our time should be used or wasted. And this is in addition to every other thread where Seethe is telling everyone how easy things should be if they only crafted I don't know how many different sets of gear. Argumentum ad infinitum. I've heard it, I reject it. Arrogance is assuming that your talent/intelligence/spare time level is the baseline and everyone else should fall in line. Arrogance is assuming that just because you can do something easily everyone else should be able to do it as well, irregardless of their time/intelligence/talent levels.
I'm anxiously awaiting the moment Seethe tells someone they're being 'condescending'.
95, in various stages while I decide between and . Smhl.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
Actually, Von had a good suggestion. If you are obviously there with someone that is of a higher level, then obviously you are there FOR THEM. They will, no doubt, let you in on their battles. So I agree with his suggestion of being "tethered" to said player.

I've already been to Dragonspyre and Muushu and have paid to have them unlocked, But I cannot, myself, go there. Someone has to be with me in order to take me back. My friend took me on a tour of Dragonspyre and Muushu. Of course, I helped myself to the local scenery but they didnt mind. Even went for the Oni elephant Boss (dont know the actutal name srry.) but it was enjoyable. If I had been tethered to them, it wouldnt have bothered me in the least seeing as how I had no intention of inconviencing them or anyone else.

I know I sound like I'm going in Circles but I'm just trying to make the case that if you are MEANT to be there with a friend, having that friend with control over your being there shouldnt matter then.
However, if you're an immature player then and you annoy the person that brought you, they can always kick you out of their group and you go flying back home.

Win-Win no?

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
This issue has been brought out lots of times before, and I'll say what I said in those other threads.

Coming from someone who was still in Mooshu at level 66 (no joke), I had many friends always asking me to port to them in Celestia and Zafaria to help with fights. In all technicalities, I was at the right level for those worlds, but did not have it unlocked. Is it fair to my friend that they cannot get my help because I am not in that world yet? I think not.

To add on, a person with membership is paying for access to ALL areas. So even if they do not have it unlocked, they are still paying for the right to go to other worlds. I feel that should be honored.

Turn your port off so lower levels cannot port to you and go to a realm that is classified as "Perfect" so there is less of a chance of low levels being around (I personally go to Kelvin or Torrence a lot). And if a lower level happens to appear, ignore them and even tell them you're not going to focus on healing them because it is your quest and you should not have to heal them.

If there were to be any restrictions, I think it should be based on level and not quest-line. Even then, I am against it because even when I was in Azteca, I would ask help from friends level 60-80 because they're still a valuable help at that level.

Hope this makes sense, my main points for not restricting worlds are for help and the fact the members are paying for the right to be there.

Seth NightFlame 95

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Nicholas Hawkspear on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
Do you even read the entire post? As I stated: " Another reason HOW it hurts MY game is that they always ask me "Can you take me to 'new world'?". And if I don't, they call me noob. Now, noob means "new player". I am not a new player, in fact, I have a level 95 that finished Khrysalis part one. If level 15's knew they could not teleport to someone in Khrysalis, they would stop constantly asking to take them to the newest world." This does have A LOT of effect on my game. Now, why don't you stop thinking your opinion is the only thing that matters and start reading all of a post if you are going to reply.

-Nick level 95
Be the better person and ignore the taunts thrown at you, it isn't worth it. In my opinion, you should not let people's words affect you like that. Just put them on your ignore list or leave. You have no obligation to talk to people.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
wait, so what happens if someones underleveled?I got in zafairia around the 58 range.Say 2 friends were doing zafairia together(58 and 60) and the 58 had to do something else.Would he/she not be able to teleport
to the friend?

Angela Rainbowblossom-Level 69

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Are you tired of seeing level 32's in Avalon? Are you tired of seeing level 5's in Mooshu? Are you tired of seeing level 56's in Khrysalis? Well, I know I am! I find it very unfair that low levels can go into high level worlds that they don't even have a quest in. So, I've had this idea: What if KI made it so if you don't have any Main Line Quests in a world, you can't teleport to a friend there. But, if you finished the world, you would still be able to go there. Basically, if you're under level 60, you can't go into Zafaria, if you're under level 70, you can't go to Avalon, and so on. Anyone agree? Or should level 2's still be able to wander around Khrysalis, calling level 95's noobs?

-Nick
Well I don't quite agree with this idea because if you had a school quest you needed to do in Marylebone and you didn't unlock the location yet, you cannot port to a friend.

Brian Shadowtail level 77

Matthew Bearrunner level 75

Nathan Starblood level 28

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
I agree with the can you take me to dragonspyre,mooshu etc.Tell them as long as they stay in the commons of the area then they are fine but if you are in a fight turn ports off then if they go into your battle ask them to use blades and helpful stuff no attacks etc or If they have menu chat then look into the battle thing for that .As long as they aren't near your level if they are they shouldn't be a problem.If you aren't and your in the commons world then allow them to port to you and then turn off ports switch realms to.
-I hope this helps
-krokotopia pirate Genieve emerald Blossom 51

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
Dr Von on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
read the replies again.

there have been several posts made on this subject. the situation is obviously not that rare; i'm clearly not the only one who is annoyed by it. plus, you state that i- a player who has worked hard, done her time, and earned the privilege of being in the high-level worlds- am arrogant, just because i ask that people respect my time?

no, seethe~ arrogance is inconveniencing other players simply because you feel like it- which, according to you, is totally acceptable because your wants and needs somehow supersede those of everyone else.

i don't care how someone else plays the game, until it negatively impacts me. and i don't want an isolated gaming experience; i want people to pay their dues, so to speak, and respect the fact that there are other players who may not want their gaming experience disrupted.

-

here is my suggestion: when you port to a world that you have not unlocked by quest progression, one of the following should happen:

1) you may wander around all you want, check things out, whatev., but system restrictions will prevent you from joining any battles or gaining xp;.

OR

2) as soon as you port to someone, you are 'leashed' to that person and cannot join any battles to which you have not been specifically invited.

problem solved. you're all welcome.

I never actually thought of this. I am glad you came up with this answer. Sadly nick couldn't stop arguing at people and not resolving the problem.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
I think they should keep it the way it is. The game has a unique balance and an underlying theme inclusiveness, cooperation. The original post's premise is counter to that.

All i see here as the argument for changing it is because you don't want to see low levels; somehow low-level players pollute the high level clubhouse? Someone joining a mob fight brings in an extra. I think it is rare; low level players being nuisance in the upper worlds. --unless they are harvesting the reagents there; so are the high level ones.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I think that people should be allowed to enter higher level worlds, only if they can effectively help a friend in that world.
Allowed:
  • level 58 in Avalon
  • level 42 in Celestia
  • level 79 in Khrysalis
And other reasonable levels

Not Allowed:
  • level 15 in aquila
  • level 49 in Khrysalis
And other unreasonable levels

Sarai Thunderstrider
Adept