Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why I think we do not need a School of Light

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Many people on here are talking about a school of light: an opposite to shadow magic for people who don't want backlash. But lets look again at opposites.

These are the obvious ones we all now. Now lets get to the Astral sense.

Makes sense right? The Sun is to the Moon as day is to night. Now where does star go?

Well lets see. Star is auras. What other school has auras? Shadow! But they are still opposites because star is weaker but does not have backlash while shadow is stronger but does have backlash.

I hope this has cleared things out for people. It turns out we already have a "light-like" school already.

Luke Spritehammer- Currently a Level 64 Legendary in Zafaria

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
No, the magic of Star has nothing to do with light. (Yes, stars make lights, but Star Magic spells don't glow with light.). But anyway, I don't think Light Spells would be Shadow Spells without Backlash, I think they would be like Sun Spells, and be able to change what spells do (ex. change single attack to all enemies). But it would do Backlash or something like that, Extra Energy, which is done to you and is based on how strong the spell is. But because you are far away from getting into Khrysalis, I don't think you should be talking about Shadow Magic and Light Magic.

-Nick
"If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'"

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Luke Spritehammer on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Many people on here are talking about a school of light: an opposite to shadow magic for people who don't want backlash. But lets look again at opposites.

These are the obvious ones we all now. Now lets get to the Astral sense.

Makes sense right? The Sun is to the Moon as day is to night. Now where does star go?

Well lets see. Star is auras. What other school has auras? Shadow! But they are still opposites because star is weaker but does not have backlash while shadow is stronger but does have backlash.

I hope this has cleared things out for people. It turns out we already have a "light-like" school already.

Luke Spritehammer- Currently a Level 64 Legendary in Zafaria
Star creatures have balance resist, and spirit boost, the same goes for balance creatures. Since balance has no opposite, I think star doesn't either. And the shadow magic we can use now is corrupted moon magic from the Eclipse Tower. That isn't shadow magic full stop, that's just 1 third of shadow. We've yet to see shadow-sun (Solar Arch) & shadow-star (Radiant Alcazar).

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
No, the magic of Star has nothing to do with light. (Yes, stars make lights, but Star Magic spells don't glow with light.). But anyway, I don't think Light Spells would be Shadow Spells without Backlash, I think they would be like Sun Spells, and be able to change what spells do (ex. change single attack to all enemies). But it would do Backlash or something like that, Extra Energy, which is done to you and is based on how strong the spell is. But because you are far away from getting into Khrysalis, I don't think you should be talking about Shadow Magic and Light Magic.

-Nick
"If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'"
sorry but your idea of light magic should not be called light magic why would good magic be dangerous? star magic is a much better rival for shadow then your suggestion