Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Types of Spells

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
We already have blades & traps, to increase damage. Shields and weaknesses to increase resist. Spears to increase piercing. And storm, life & balance have an accuracy increasing spell. My thought was to give accuracy increasing spells to all schools:
: Fire Arrow - +15% accuracy to next fire spell.
: Ice Arrow - +10% accuracy to next ice spell.
: Storm Arrow - +20% accuracy to next storm spell. (I know they already have 1, but if they sharpened that 1 they'd only get +20%).
: Myth Arrow - +10% accuracy to next myth spell.
: Nothing, Guidance gives what they need to get 100%.
: Death Arrow - +10% accuracy to next death spell.
: Nothing, Precision gives what they need to get 100%.

These would be given through a quest called "Archer101" that is given by Arthur Wethersfield at lvl 50, (balance & life don't get the quest). This is the speech:

Tutorial Tip: "Come see me (your wizard's name), I have a new spell for you."

Arthur: "Hello there, I see you already know of blades, traps & shields. Well, I come to tell you of a different type of spell, called arrow spells. These spells increase accuracy, which I'm sure is what you'd like to have. Go to the Loremaster in Dragonspyre." Quest given: Archer101.

Loremaster: "Hello there wizard. You come looking for arrow spells? I'm afraid I cannot simply tell you the location of the archaic spells. You will have to beat it out of me. Come into my chamber and battle me."

After defeat - Loremaster: "Your spells are powerful against me, but let's see how they do against the keeper of the arrow spells: Ilhicamina Arrowsky. Fight him in Krokotopia, he was once a caiman in Azteca, but he fled when a great threat arrived. He tried to blend in with the kroks already in Krokotopia, but he failed and was banished to a tomb in the great Krokosphinx.

Narrator: "You don't know where to look, so you decide to ask Niles."

Niles: "Hello again! You look for the Tomb of Ilhicamina? Dark magic dwells there, are you sure you want to go? Very well, take this map, and follow it."

Ilhicamina Arrowsky, balance, 10,000 health, no minions: "You have come for the sacred arrow spells? Then I tell you now, you shall not gain anything from this place, but you may end up losing something!"

After defeat - Ilhicamina Arrowsky: "Bah, take your stupid spells!" Quest ended: Archer101 - Rewards: +20,000 XP & +1,000 gold. Spell learned: (depends on school).

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
We already have blades & traps, to increase damage. Shields and weaknesses to increase resist. Spears to increase piercing. And storm, life & balance have an accuracy increasing spell. My thought was to give accuracy increasing spells to all schools:
: Storm Arrow - +20% accuracy to next storm spell. (I know they already have 1, but if they sharpened that 1 they'd only get +20%).

These would be given through a quest called "Archer101" that is given by Arthur Wethersfield at lvl 50, (balance & life don't get the quest). This is the speech:

Arthur: "Hello there, I see you already know of blades, traps & shields. Well, I come to tell you of a different type of spell, called arrow spells. These spells increase accuracy, which I'm sure is what you'd like to have. Go to the Loremaster in Dragonspyre." Quest given: Archer101.

Loremaster: "Hello there wizard. You come looking for arrow spells? I'm afraid I cannot simply tell you the location of the archaic spells. You will have to beat it out of me. Come into my chamber and battle me."

After defeat - Loremaster: "Your spells are powerful against me, but let's see how they do against the keeper of the arrow spells: Ilhicamina Arrowsky. Fight him in Krokotopia, he was once a caiman in Azteca, but he fled when a great threat arrived. He tried to blend in with the kroks already in Krokotopia, but he failed and was banished to a tomb in the great Krokosphinx.

Niles: "Hello again! You look for the Tomb of Ilhicamina? Dark magic dwells there, are you sure you want to go? Very well, take this map, and follow it."

Ilhicamina Arrowsky, balance, 10,000 health, no minions: "You have come for the sacred arrow spells? Then I tell you now, you shall not gain anything from this place, but you may end up losing something!"

After defeat - Ilhicamina Arrowsky: "Bah, take your stupid spells!" Quest ended: Archer101 - Rewards: +20,000 XP & +1,000 gold. Spell learned: (depends on school).
Good idea, but Life and Balance need a spell, they can't just be left out. Also, if Storm had the 20%, all schools need to have the 20%.

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Nicholas Hawkspear on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Good idea, but Life and Balance need a spell, they can't just be left out. Also, if Storm had the 20%, all schools need to have the 20%.

-Nick
Life and Balance have no need for this spell--they have Guidance and Precision.

Other schools don't need accuracy as badly as Storm does. Giving them all 20% boost is unfair since Storm starts at 70% while others start at 75%, 80%, and 85%. The rich don't need to get richer.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

I also think that at a higher level, you could get a spell that can increase critical, so here's my ideas:
: Fire Mace - +50% fire critical to next fire spell.
: Ice Mace - +40% critical to next ice spell.
: Storm Mace - +55% critical to next storm spell.
: Myth Mace - +45% critical to next myth spell.
: Life Mace - +40% critical to next life spell.
: Death Mace - +45% critical to next death spell.
: Balance Mace - +45% critical to next balance spell.
Elemental Mace - +20% critical to next fire, ice & storm spell, 1 pip.
Spirit Mace - +20% critical to next myth, life & death spell, 1 pip.
Macestorm - +20% critical to next spell to all allies, 1 pip.

Now to get them, you must be at least lvl 60+ and go to Edith Benchley in Celestia Base Camp to get the quest: "Mace of Fury".

Tutorial Tip: "Come quickly, this is critical. Literally."

Edith: "Hello again, I'm so glad you could come. We have a bit of a, uh, problem with the crabs. You see, the crabs have a wizard among them. He calls himself, The Mystic. He was no big deal for us, until he got the Book of Maces. With knowledge like that, he could destroy Celestia, and Astral Magic with it! Go to the Crustacean Empire, and steal the book." Quest given: Mace of Fury.

The Mystic, star, 12,500 health, 3 minions (Crustacean Clawcutters): "What are you? Ah, a wizard. You have come to tell me more magic? No? Then why did you come? To steal my spells? Never, servants, attack!"

After defeat - The Mystic: "No! Very well, take my spells!" Quest ended: Mace of Fury - Rewards: +50,000 XP & +2,000 gold. Spell learned: (depends on school).

The Mystic still remains to teach you Elemental Mace, Spirit Mace & Macestorm.

The Arrow spells also have Elemental & Spirit Arrow (+10% accuracy) & Arrowstorm (+10% to all spells [like guidance])

Here's something else you can get straight after the Maces: Blocks.
: Fire Block - +50% block to next incoming fire spell.
: Ice Block - +60% block to next ice spell.
Legion Block - +30% block to all allies.
: Storm Block - +45% block to storm.
: Myth Block - +55% myth block.
: Life Block - +60% life block.
: Death Block - +55% death block.
: Balance Block - +55% balance block.
Elemental Block - +50% fire, ice & storm block.
Spirit Block - +50% myth, life & death block.

Edith: "Thanks about the crabs, but there's someone else I'd like you to meet, she goes by the name of Penelope Shielder. Meet her in The Grotto, she has knowledge of spells that will come in very handy." Quest given: Block Training.

Penelope: "Hello there, you wish to know block spells? Of course, here, I'll teach you them." Quest ended: Block Training - Rewards: +50,000 XP.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I just realised that there are some 'Retired Spells', and I think we should bring them back as real, learnable spells. I also realised that on the life school blackboard, it says 'Cast a Bounceback', but this spell was never introduced to the game, so I have a few ideas for new spells:
: Afterburn - enchant, 0 pips, 100% accuracy, Increase 1 DoT spell to 5 rounds.
: Arctic Circle - global, 5 pips, 80% accuracy, +30% damage to all ice spells & Make 2 shields be summoned instead of 1.
: Zeus - (Zeus natural attack).
: Archaic Minion - enchant, 0 pips, 100% accuracy, When selected minion is summoned, it has X2 health, and caster chooses it's spells & targets.
: Bounceback - ward, 5 pips, 90% accuracy, Next incoming attack is reflected on the caster.
: Lifebane - (already exists).
: Dampen Magic - (same as death).

To get these spells, you must be lvl 45+, and talk to your school teacher, to get a quest called 'Thief of Spells (Dragonspyre)'.

Tutorial Tip: (your school teacher) "Come see me as soon as possible, I might have a new spell for you."

(your school teacher): "Ah, (your wizard's name), you have come to see me. I told you of a spell? Ah yes, I'm afraid that when I was preparing the lesson for you, a Triton called Electrus Thundersky stole the spell from me. Go to his Underwater Hall in the Antheneum in Dragonspyre. You haven't been there before? Ask Milos Bookwyrm then." Quest given: Thief of Spells.

Milos: "Hello again! You come searching for the Underwater Hall? How come when something dangerous and evil is going on, you're always there? Oh well, go up the stairs, take a left and then a right and go through the door. Good luck!"

Guardian of Pyre, fire, 2,000 health, 3 minions (Guardian of Sleet, ice, 3,000 health. Guardian of Mystics, myth, 2,500 health & Guardian of Nature, life, 3,000 health.): You'll never make it to Electrus!"

After defeat - Guardian of Pyre: "No! Electrus will not be pleased by this!"

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

-Nick
I'm a sorcerer myself, but I don't need another accuracy spell, because I have Precision, this gives +10%, and I only need 5 more to have 100%. And if I sharpen it, I'll have 105%. As for life, it's exactly the same accuracy boost, except 1 pip more and all allies. And storm gets +20%, because if you sharpen it, they hit full accuracy, the same to all the others.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Lucas Rain on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:

Other schools don't need accuracy as badly as Storm does. Giving them all 20% boost is unfair since Storm starts at 70% while others start at 75%, 80%, and 85%. The rich don't need to get richer.
First of all, what I meant by giving Life and Balance a spell was by a utility spell, not a accuracy spell. Also, it is not far that Storm has 20% when all the other schools have 10% because Storm has high damage. If they were the only ones to get 20%, their only drawback would be their low health. Just say'n.

-Nick

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

-Nick
By that logic, all schools should also have the 70% accuracy storm spells have to start with.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
No one needs those spells. But if they did make it into the game, I think they would look more like this...
20% acc
15% acc & 5% att
10% acc & 10% att
10% acc & 10% att
10% acc & 10% att
5% acc & 15% att
10% acc & 10% att
You would have to add something else to make all the others even with storm. I didn't know what to put, so I just did attack %. Please don't take my example seriously, I was just making a point.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012

-Nick
No. That is just wrong. May I remind you that not all the schools have the same accuracy percentage!
Storm= 70%
Fire= 80- 85% (I'm unsure)
Ice= 85%
Myth= 75%
Death= 85%
Balance= 80-85% (I'm unsure)
Life= 90%
Not all damage is the same and accuracy and awesomeness because if it was there would not be a need for different schools!

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012

Agreed. =D

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012

In other words watch the math of this.
70+20=90
75+20=95
80+20=100 No Fizzle
85+20=105 No Fizzle
(for life is 90+20=110) No Fizzle

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
StormStrong101 on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
No. That is just wrong. May I remind you that not all the schools have the same accuracy percentage!
Storm= 70%
Ice= 85%
Myth= 75%
Death= 85%
Life= 90%
Not all damage is the same and accuracy and awesomeness because if it was there would not be a need for different schools!
Now, that's all just wrong. Myth dose 80% accuracy, and Fire dose 75% accuracy. And May I remind you that not all schools do EXTREMELY HIGH DAMAGE that can defeat a Khrysalis boss with just a few blades. Let me also remind you that Storm does high damage because of it's low accuracy and health. Really, Storm Wizards don't need to get better.

-Nick

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Why must everyone hate life? Of course out of 7 schools you decide that two including life don't get a spell.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
StormStrong101 on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
Storm= 70%
Ice= 85%
Myth= 75%
Death= 85%
Life= 90%
It's actually:
70%
75%
&80%
&85%
90%

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
MustachCashDash on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
Why must everyone hate life? Of course out of 7 schools you decide that two including life don't get a spell.
I didn't give myself & life a spell, because I have precision (10% [if sharpened, 20%) and life has guidance (10%). We already have what we need.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I just realised that there are some 'Retired Spells', and I think we should bring them back as real, learnable spells. I also realised that on the life school blackboard, it says 'Cast a Bounceback', but this spell was never introduced to the game, so I have a few ideas for new spells:
: Afterburn - enchant, 0 pips, 100% accuracy, Increase 1 DoT spell to 5 rounds.
: Arctic Circle - global, 5 pips, 80% accuracy, +30% damage to all ice spells & Make 2 shields be summoned instead of 1.
: Zeus - (Zeus natural attack).
: Archaic Minion - enchant, 0 pips, 100% accuracy, When selected minion is summoned, it has X2 health, and caster chooses it's spells & targets.
: Bounceback - ward, 5 pips, 90% accuracy, Next incoming attack is reflected on the caster.
: Lifebane - (already exists).
: Dampen Magic - (same as death).

To get these spells, you must be lvl 45+, and talk to your school teacher, to get a quest called 'Thief of Spells (Dragonspyre)'.

Tutorial Tip: (your school teacher) "Come see me as soon as possible, I might have a new spell for you."

(your school teacher): "Ah, (your wizard's name), you have come to see me. I told you of a spell? Ah yes, I'm afraid that when I was preparing the lesson for you, a Triton called Electrus Thundersky stole the spell from me. Go to his Underwater Hall in the Antheneum in Dragonspyre. You haven't been there before? Ask Milos Bookwyrm then." Quest given: Thief of Spells.

Milos: "Hello again! You come searching for the Underwater Hall? How come when something dangerous and evil is going on, you're always there? Oh well, go up the stairs, take a left and then a right and go through the door. Good luck!"

Guardian of Pyre, fire, 2,000 health, 3 minions (Guardian of Sleet, ice, 3,000 health. Guardian of Mystics, myth, 2,500 health & Guardian of Nature, life, 3,000 health.): You'll never make it to Electrus!"

After defeat - Guardian of Pyre: "No! Electrus will not be pleased by this!"
Guardian of Plague, death, 2,500 health, 3 minions (Guardian of Plague & 2 Guardian of Dunes, balance, 2,500 health): "I'll stop you dead in your tracks! Literally!"

After defeat - Guardian of Plague: "NO!"

Electrus Thundersky, storm, 5,000, 3 minions (Guardian of Pyre [4,000 health], Guardian of Plague [4,500 health] & Electrus Initiate, storm, 1,000 health [spams supercharges and stormblades on the boss]): "Taste the wrath of bittersweet thunder!"

After defeat - Electrus Thundersky: "NO! Take your foolish spells!" Quest ended: Thief of Spells - Rewards: +40,000 XP & +1,000 gold. Spell learned: (depends on school).

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I didn't give myself & life a spell, because I have precision (10% [if sharpened, 20%) and life has guidance (10%). We already have what we need.
Yes, but why shouldn't Balance and Life get a new spell? Maybe increases damage because they both could use that.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
I also think that at a higher level, you could get a spell that can increase critical, so here's my ideas:
: Fire Mace - +50% fire critical to next fire spell.
: Ice Mace - +40% critical to next ice spell.
: Storm Mace - +55% critical to next storm spell.
: Myth Mace - +45% critical to next myth spell.
: Life Mace - +40% critical to next life spell.
: Death Mace - +45% critical to next death spell.
: Balance Mace - +45% critical to next balance spell.
Elemental Mace - +20% critical to next fire, ice & storm spell, 1 pip.
Spirit Mace - +20% critical to next myth, life & death spell, 1 pip.
Macestorm - +20% critical to next spell to all allies, 1 pip.

Now to get them, you must be at least lvl 60+ and go to Edith Benchley in Celestia Base Camp to get the quest: "Mace of Fury".

Tutorial Tip: "Come quickly, this is critical. Literally."

Edith: "Hello again, I'm so glad you could come. We have a bit of a, uh, problem with the crabs. You see, the crabs have a wizard among them. He calls himself, The Mystic. He was no big deal for us, until he got the Book of Maces. With knowledge like that, he could destroy Celestia, and Astral Magic with it! Go to the Crustacean Empire, and steal the book." Quest given: Mace of Fury.

The Mystic, star, 12,500 health, 3 minions (Crustacean Clawcutters): "What are you? Ah, a wizard. You have come to tell me more magic? No? Then why did you come? To steal my spells? Never, servants, attack!"

After defeat - The Mystic: "No! Very well, take my spells!" Quest ended: Mace of Fury - Rewards: +50,000 XP & +2,000 gold. Spell learned: (depends on school).

The Mystic still remains to teach you Elemental Mace, Spirit Mace & Macestorm.

The Arrow spells also have Elemental & Spirit Arrow (+10% accuracy) & Arrowstorm (+10% to all spells [like guidance])

Here's something else you can get straight after the Maces: Blocks.
: Fire Block - +50% block to next incoming fire spell.
: Ice Block - +60% block to next ice spell.
Legion Block - +30% block to all allies.
: Storm Block - +45% block to storm.
: Myth Block - +55% myth block.
: Life Block - +60% life block.
: Death Block - +55% death block.
: Balance Block - +55% balance block.
Elemental Block - +50% fire, ice & storm block.
Spirit Block - +50% myth, life & death block.

Edith: "Thanks about the crabs, but there's someone else I'd like you to meet, she goes by the name of Penelope Shielder. Meet her in The Grotto, she has knowledge of spells that will come in very handy." Quest given: Block Training.

Penelope: "Hello there, you wish to know block spells? Of course, here, I'll teach you them." Quest ended: Block Training - Rewards: +50,000 XP.
i like your thinking but these need to be from 5 to 15% and really block? i think storm helm would be a better name +storm block %

Survivor
Nov 16, 2012
-Damage over time(storm hound or storm elf)
-Attack all which doesn't have over time(boosting attack all for fire because the first attack is strong than the overtime)
-Heal
-Attack all which is lower than 8 pips(4 or 5 pips is nice)
-Healing spell(attack with heal also good, example ancient heal)
-Attack and convert half to heal self and doom or -75% heal to the enemy. Or spell that act as reflect(if opponent attack or move anything, it will give reflect between the caster and the opponent, 5 pips worth or more for this spell.
-Attack over time(this will be great help)
Shadow magic-90%stun block+20%pierce+30%accuracy(to prevent getting backslash from not move when cast shadow magic)
Astral--enchant -20 to one shield( 1 pip require)
-polymorph to bugs(which our stats remains but just changing our spells for 4 or 5 rounds)
-cast random aura

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
MustachCashDash on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Yes, but why shouldn't Balance and Life get a new spell? Maybe increases damage because they both could use that.
Spells aren't always distributed equally, in KT, ice got 1 spell, when others got 2. Balance got 2 from thief of spells in GH. And in Colossus Boulevard balance & life got 2, but the other schools got 1 each. Nothing is always fair. Most of the time, the spells are even, but not always.