Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You're going about tournaments all wrong

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 18, 2013
A tournament should be a massive event that is held just once a month for as many wizards as we can accommodate. This will make tournaments a big deal like they should be rather than a daily thing. Tournaments should not cost crowns, crowns should be a prize for the top placing wizards and every one should get a prize determined by how well they placed.
eg:
1st 60000crowns
2nd 30000crowns
3rd 13750crowns
4th 5000crowns
Top 10 unique one off pet
Top 50 hoard pack
Every one else will receive gold determined by placing as a participation prize. The better you do the more gold you will get.

Don't judge my opinion, this is only an example of the sort of things KI can give out. The prizes can be different every month

These prizes and crowns will be an incentive for players to sign up and make the game more exciting with a one off monthly competition. It may even make Wizard101 more popular and bring more players into the game.
Sign up should start at the begging of the month and at the end of the month the tournament should happen on a Saturday.

As far as KI giving away crowns goes. Why not, they don't have any real value, and KI can pull them out of thin air without costing them any real money. They will make more money giving crowns away as a prize, because more players will be spending crowns on gear and so on, so they'll be more competitive in order to do better in the tournament.

Make tournaments a big deal and more people will care about them. The more people we have competing the funner it will be. This will create a more passionate community with every one preparing for the end of the month, players watching matches supporting their friends and full arenas as thousands of players can be in a special arena to watch the final.

Every month can be a different tournament. One month it can be 1v1 the next 2v2, 3v3, 4v4...... so on.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
60,000 crowns, 10 unique pets, and 50 hoard packs? That's WAYYY too much, and besides, what about the people who don't like to PvP, they wont get any of this cause it's PvP, That's most likely why tournaments aren't that big, because there are players who just do PvE or just talk with friends, and either way, those prizes are too much, had 1st place been 5,000 crowns, then yes maybe and a single hoard pack but no pet,that would be more reasonable.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Ghost stone on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
A tournament should be a massive event that is held just once a month for as many wizards as we can accommodate. This will make tournaments a big deal like they should be rather than a daily thing. Tournaments should not cost crowns, crowns should be a prize for the top placing wizards and every one should get a prize determined by how well they placed.
eg:
1st 60000crowns
2nd 30000crowns
3rd 13750crowns
4th 5000crowns
Top 10 unique one off pet
Top 50 hoard pack
Every one else will receive gold determined by placing as a participation prize. The better you do the more gold you will get.

Don't judge my opinion, this is only an example of the sort of things KI can give out. The prizes can be different every month

These prizes and crowns will be an incentive for players to sign up and make the game more exciting with a one off monthly competition. It may even make Wizard101 more popular and bring more players into the game.
Sign up should start at the begging of the month and at the end of the month the tournament should happen on a Saturday.

As far as KI giving away crowns goes. Why not, they don't have any real value, and KI can pull them out of thin air without costing them any real money. They will make more money giving crowns away as a prize, because more players will be spending crowns on gear and so on, so they'll be more competitive in order to do better in the tournament.

Make tournaments a big deal and more people will care about them. The more people we have competing the funner it will be. This will create a more passionate community with every one preparing for the end of the month, players watching matches supporting their friends and full arenas as thousands of players can be in a special arena to watch the final.

Every month can be a different tournament. One month it can be 1v1 the next 2v2, 3v3, 4v4...... so on.
Or, they could keep the Tourneys they have now, and add one big one with mega prizes as you suggest.
I like the idea, having one mega Tourney would be nice, it the final prize was worth the effort.
The concept makes sense, and would make those that have not wanted to join, maybe give it a thought.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
MiguelThefirst on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
60,000 crowns, 10 unique pets, and 50 hoard packs? That's WAYYY too much, and besides, what about the people who don't like to PvP, they wont get any of this cause it's PvP, That's most likely why tournaments aren't that big, because there are players who just do PvE or just talk with friends, and either way, those prizes are too much, had 1st place been 5,000 crowns, then yes maybe and a single hoard pack but no pet,that would be more reasonable.
Yes 60000 crowns, just like the largest amount you can buy at once. The whole point is to make the prizes a big deal. The better the prizes are the more people will be interested in competing.
Nobody is going to bat an eye at a measly 5000 crowns on the odd chance that they actually win.
And not everyone who enters will get the top prizes. Most of the competitors will only get a minor prize.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
oh, yes... let's give pvp'ers yet another reason to get on their high horses and lord it over the rest of us pve'ers how superior they are.

i am a very casual pvp'er, but i consider myself a pve player. see, when i say casual, i mean i might 1v1 once or twice a month, if i'm bored with farming tartarus/waterworks for my gear... the arena crowd is already unbearably obnoxious as it is. let's not give them a thousand more reasons to gloat.

-v.
sergeant von of the u.s.s. awesomesauce

Historian
May 06, 2009
Dr Von on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
oh, yes... let's give pvp'ers yet another reason to get on their high horses and lord it over the rest of us pve'ers how superior they are.

i am a very casual pvp'er, but i consider myself a pve player. see, when i say casual, i mean i might 1v1 once or twice a month, if i'm bored with farming tartarus/waterworks for my gear... the arena crowd is already unbearably obnoxious as it is. let's not give them a thousand more reasons to gloat.

-v.
sergeant von of the u.s.s. awesomesauce
I agree with Dr. Von.

I'm also with Verocity. One mega Tourney once a month would be nice. It could rotate between 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 each month. So in a year, you would have 3 chances to do any 1 if you're partical to specific Tourneys like me (I only like 1v1's) And the prizes don't need to be that big, in my opinion. Maybe just double or triple the prizes we get now and a higher chance at gear and pets. Maybe 1 random Pack though. But I don't think KI needs to give Crowns away outside of their typical contests with their Blogsites and own contests. I think that's fine and better than the tourneys we have now. It also incorporate some of the Tourney times too. Like +20% Damage to all schools, +20% Pierce, and you can't use Treasure Cards, Pets, or Amulets. That would be very interesting.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
MiguelThefirst on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
You misunderstood. LOL. They're saying first place is 60,000 crowns. Not first place gets all of that. They say the top 50 get one hoard pack. The top 10 get a unique pet. First place getting all of that wouldnt be reasonable. Some of these could use some work, but they're reasonable

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Yes yes now THATS a tournament! I don't think the prizes are too big, you're fighting against tons of wizards. Hopefully if it happens things don't get out of hand. They should be for free, and you are matched with people around your level, and rank unlike the randomness of the matching system now. I like the idea

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Stormgem307 on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Yes yes now THATS a tournament! I don't think the prizes are too big, you're fighting against tons of wizards. Hopefully if it happens things don't get out of hand. They should be for free, and you are matched with people around your level, and rank unlike the randomness of the matching system now. I like the idea
Actually I was just thinking everyone in the same tournament regardless of rank and level. But your rank and level will determine the pool that you start in.
If we pair players up fairly by level and rank then there will be multiple smaller tournaments rather than one big one.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
Stormgem307 on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
i thought that it would be to easy then i remembered there is over 30 million players good luck killing them all :P