Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two pet hatching questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 09, 2013
Hello guys,

It's me again Zachary Crow, lvl 44 necromancer. Lately, I have been on a project to customize my first pet through hatching and a couple of questions arose.

1. How do I control which pet is going to be a dominant one? Both parents belong to me but i only wish the baby to take the form and spell cards of the first parent?

2. If, and only if, my baby pet were to develop two talents such as sprite and death blade, should I try to train her to have only one of the two instead of both?
This is because I've noticed (during my almost two months on wizard 101) that only one battle supporting talent can be triggered in each turn. If I prefer the death blade to manifest as often as possible during battle, should I still train my baby pet for sprite? (I am aware that both talents utilize different triggers)

I wish I could further clarify the second question, but at the moment I'm still a little confused myself

Thank you very much for your time

Zachary Crow

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
zksr on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
Hello guys,

It's me again Zachary Crow, lvl 44 necromancer. Lately, I have been on a project to customize my first pet through hatching and a couple of questions arose.

1. How do I control which pet is going to be a dominant one? Both parents belong to me but i only wish the baby to take the form and spell cards of the first parent?

2. If, and only if, my baby pet were to develop two talents such as sprite and death blade, should I try to train her to have only one of the two instead of both?
This is because I've noticed (during my almost two months on wizard 101) that only one battle supporting talent can be triggered in each turn. If I prefer the death blade to manifest as often as possible during battle, should I still train my baby pet for sprite? (I am aware that both talents utilize different triggers)

I wish I could further clarify the second question, but at the moment I'm still a little confused myself

Zachary Crow
to the first question, go into your backpack to the pet section, then click on the pet you want to have, then at the bottom, press equip. to the second question, that is normal and don't worry, and don't get rid of one of the talents.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
zksr on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
Hello guys,

Zachary Crow
1. You can't control which will be dominant. Typically it's the one with the higher pedigree, but not always. It's always a gamble.

2. You can cast mutiple pet triggered spells in one round. It happens all the time. The blade requires you to successfully attack to trigger. The spritely can be triggered by anyone doing anything. Sometimes the pet casting the blade for you triggers it, sometimes the pet casting the sprite triggers it to happen again in the same round. Having multiple "May Cast" talents is a good thing, don't try to remove either.