Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Assist Button

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 13, 2009
I think a great way to get players who are stuck on a boss or a dungeon finished by having an assist button. The assist button randomly finds anyone who has the same quest as you and automatically sends them a message asking if you want to do this quest. An option to port to the person who sent you the message also comes up. This would be a great way for wizards to progress through the game much more easily. Also, the assist button would only work for certain quests. And of course, you can have the option to hide messages sent to you. Also, messages to help others only appear when you are out of battle, so it doesn't distract players. I would love this sooooo much! I would never stop playing because I would never again be stuck on a quest.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
EMC99 on Oct 28, 2013 wrote:
I think a great way to get players who are stuck on a boss or a dungeon finished by having an assist button. The assist button randomly finds anyone who has the same quest as you and automatically sends them a message asking if you want to do this quest. An option to port to the person who sent you the message also comes up. This would be a great way for wizards to progress through the game much more easily. Also, the assist button would only work for certain quests. And of course, you can have the option to hide messages sent to you. Also, messages to help others only appear when you are out of battle, so it doesn't distract players. I would love this sooooo much! I would never stop playing because I would never again be stuck on a quest.
No thank you.

I don't need some random person who may or may not know how to defeat this boss/dungeon, etc. just popping into my duel.

We have friends and that's what they are for.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
nah, I don't like people who port, then another monster pops up and then they flee. its a waste of time and it makes things harder.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I like the idea, and have some additional ideas. Just like we can opt in for castle tours, Allow wizards to opt into this Assistance Button. I personally enjoy helping others quest. So I go to a particular place, and opt into helping others which puts me on an Assistance list, if you will And I further would like the idea of a mass messaging system for my friends. For example: I want to do a Tower of the Helephant run. Instead of typing a request 4 times, to 4 different friends, how about typing once and sending the message en masse to all my online friends.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
That's kind of what I was thinking, but instead, like in a mario game if continue to be stuck on beating a boss, a box appears, and maybe for a few coins, it opens and shows you how to defeat it using your deck?

Hunter LifeLeaf lvl 19
Don't let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think a better option would be to handle like the pvp. Have a central board, list the main dungeons in each world, and have people join. Once you have enough joiners, they get notified like a pvp match. You could either set it for friends only to message all online friends, or just set it for 2v, 3v, 4v for the next possible players doing that dungeon too.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
It should connect people who have a setting in Gameplay options on that says "Player Assistance Request" On/Off and if two people have it on, on the same quest they show up on the side of your screen. You can click on them then add them or message them.

Thoughts?

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
That seems like a good idea, but I'm sorry to say that your idea might not go far to most of the fellow KingIsle members.

Charles Nightsword, Level 36 See you in the Spiral! (or not)