Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Alpha Omega Ring Super Rare?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
So me and this friend i made farming gladiator have been farming for hours on end. I started at 5 and its 11:30 now. I have 21 armaments which i could care less for. Out of 61 runs i have not received the Alpha Omega ring and i am incredibly sad now. She hasn't either and i only grinded a little bit more than her. Maybe increase the drop rate? Cronus athame was much easier to obtain (around 6-10 tries). I cant believe this took me and her over 60 tries. Thats unbelievable. Anyone else experiencing this? BTW my pet has eaten unbelievable amounts of clothing....i think its unhealthy.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
This is funny, because my farming was exactly backwards.
The ring was easy to get, got it in like 3 tries.
But Cronus's athame took over 12 hours of farming to do.

Just comes to show that drops really are random.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
well i will say cronus athame is much harder depends dimachaerus ring for me is the easiest maybe you arent that lucky

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
No way. When I think super rare, I think Amulet of Divine Influence, ugh lol.

Belgrim Anvil Lv 30

Belgrim BoomHammer Lv 90

Belgrim Dust Lv 90

Begrim Emeraldbane Lv 90

Belgrim Fist Lv 90

William Wildweaver Lv 90

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
BELGRIM 101 on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
No way. When I think super rare, I think Amulet of Divine Influence, ugh lol.

Belgrim Anvil Lv 30

Belgrim BoomHammer Lv 90

Belgrim Dust Lv 90

Begrim Emeraldbane Lv 90

Belgrim Fist Lv 90

William Wildweaver Lv 90
yeah agreed, that amulet hardly exists. lol

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
Thats funny, because I got one from a drop in Azteca... Terribly bad luck maybe?

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
I got the Alpha and Omega Ring on my first try of Gladiator Dimachaerus. I didn't think it was rare, like "Amulet of Divine Influence" rare.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
HoldTheCone on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
So me and this friend i made farming gladiator have been farming for hours on end. I started at 5 and its 11:30 now. I have 21 armaments which i could care less for. Out of 61 runs i have not received the Alpha Omega ring and i am incredibly sad now. She hasn't either and i only grinded a little bit more than her. Maybe increase the drop rate? Cronus athame was much easier to obtain (around 6-10 tries). I cant believe this took me and her over 60 tries. Thats unbelievable. Anyone else experiencing this? BTW my pet has eaten unbelievable amounts of clothing....i think its unhealthy.
60 times that's insane

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
The athame from cronus was easy for me- it took me only 3 days with 7-10 runs per day. I still don't have the ring, though. I have been trying for what seems like forever.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Well I think this feels normal if you were in my shoes. I have done this a couple days ago for 3 days in a row all day farming this boss. My friends have been dropped the ring several times and we have farmed many times to when it is getting crazy. I am starting to think there is a glitch about this that I can't get the ring or it's locked out.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Duncan SpiritWard on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Well I think this feels normal if you were in my shoes. I have done this a couple days ago for 3 days in a row all day farming this boss. My friends have been dropped the ring several times and we have farmed many times to when it is getting crazy. I am starting to think there is a glitch about this that I can't get the ring or it's locked out.
Not a glitch, just luck (or lack of).
My wife got the ring twice and I have yet to get it. I also have fought him a lot more than she did.
Just how it goes.
pods

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
This ring is fairly common compared to the some of the drops. Although I did get a life exalted mastery amulet from the gladiator before I got the ring. I have 4 of these rings currently. Keep switching realms and find at least one other Level 90 wizard to go in with you. Another thing, since it is Mount Olympus (Level 30 dungeon) if a small level goes into the dungeon with you, it will only allow you to have a chance at Level 30 drops :(

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I found it much easier to drop than the athame. I have fed at least half a dozen rings to pets from helping friends get them.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
and i have tried over 56 times and my friends all got it over and over helping me i just got the staff 2 tries ago and my friends have like 6 now does it depend on your position in the circle or something?

Survivor
Sep 16, 2012
you guys are lucky i been farming cronus for 3 months now and havent gotten anything i think its a glitch and i have tried gladiator a few times havent gotten idk if its a glitch or not can someone help me

lvl 95 Cole Thunderhammer

PS. ill usually be in the most crowded realm