Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lets be honest, Fire is the worst school.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
We have the second lowest health in the game, as well as the second lowest accuracy.

Why does KI continue to give us worthless cards, and gear that makes us fall behind in power?

Also, it's not like damage over time is special anymore. Every school can do it.

You can even get the heckhound as a treasure card.

I just don't get it. I am hoping they up our attack and give us some decent spells that separate us from the other schools. But for now, is a joke.

Feel free to leave opinions, not trying to start a flame war or anything.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Supermegamash520 on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
We have the second lowest health in the game, as well as the second lowest accuracy.

Why does KI continue to give us worthless cards, and gear that makes us fall behind in power?

Also, it's not like damage over time is special anymore. Every school can do it.

I just don't get it. I am hoping they up our attack and give us some decent spells that separate us from the other schools. But for now, is a joke.

Like any school, Pyromancers require a certain way to play them. I will admit I'm currently stuck in Deepwater (in Avalon) because I haven't figured out a way to play mine that works for me. Other people have offered tips which is much appreciated. I've put him aside for now to work on my Death. I think the big problem is that Fire has no real after effect spells and specifically, none to combat storm's and ice's stun heavy spells. Fire DOES have good spells, they just need to be rounded out a bit I think, but it wouldn't take much to do. I think if we had a Level 3 Link spell, that would help out as well as stun block after effects on some spells.

BTW, I don't know if you intended the joke, but I think you will start a "flame war" :P A war over people's ideas on how to improve fire mages lol

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010

All schools are great in their own respect.

So what if fire has the second lowest health in the game and second lowest accuracy? You can make it go higher.
Fire is a DOT school. All other schools have about 1-2 other DOTs.
Most of these cards arent worthless, and the gear can be good if you cant get the other gear (forgot da name)
Ok, so you can get heckhound as a tc. What point is that trying to prove? That it isnt fire only?
Fire is not a joke, many people that win tournaments are fire school.

Historian
May 06, 2009

Ok first off, I saw your post over in the PvP section "Is the fire school bad for pvp?" and what another person said in response to you. All I have to say is: STOP JUST AGREEING WITH JUST ONE OPINION! It seems like you'll just believe any one thing and restate it. If you think Fire stinks, that's one thing. No one likes the same things. But just because they don't get this or that or are not at the top of leadership board that doesn't mean they suck. Just seriously!

Worthless cards? Are you serious? So Efreets worthless? Backdraft is honestly terrible when paired against Tranquilize and ol' Fire Trap? Smoke Screen, Scald, and Choke are the laughing stocks of spells aren't they? Link and Power Link are just collect dust over there). Fuel can't help their over times when it gives them 3 traps to equal the time an Aura (that's Diego's term for an DoT, Damage over time) typically seen today. You really gonna tell me Rain of Fire is the last thing Fire would ever need? And I bet you think Sun Serpent has to be the worst thing Fire has in their arsenal, huh? Just not unique enough for you.

Fire is not a joke and it's insulting to people who have dedicated themselves to that school. Fire has a burning passion and flame like no one else. Yeah, every school has a damage over time. But no one in the history of this game has had as many or as powerful as Fire's. They get the most AoE's (Scald, Meteor Strike, Fire Dragon, Rain of Fire, Sun Serpent). It most cases, they can really knock a whole group down. They can deal damage over time over and over and over and over -did I mention over?- again with all the spells they have (Fire Elf, Heckhound, Scald, Fire Dragon, Rain of Fire, Link, Power Link). Plus they have just about evey kind of debuff in the game (accuracy debuff (Smoke Screen), damage debuff (Efreet), Stuns (Choke)). So they're gear might not give them high damage. So what? They're not going to sacrifice everything just for damage like Storm. And that doesn't mean they can't get high damage. Honestly, I've seen some Fire people who can deal damage.

In case you're wondering why Fire has 75%, second lowest accuracy, it's because they sacrifie enough do actually deal some heavy damage, but not sink themselves in everything just for damage like Storm.

There is not "worst school." Fire is on par with any other school. They have strong damage. They have unique utility spells. Some are just more situational. Heck they are pretty soloable and can handle themselves well. But honestly, I don't like your atitude at all. You're like a dying flame stuck on all the little negatives. Instead of getting soaked by what PvP says or what one person says, why don't you stick with what you do get out of Fire and really represent what Fire can do. Instead of getting knocked down, show the Spiral that Fire is capable of doing a lot.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Life is the worst school.

We have way to many heals

It is impossible to defeat Grisletusk so that you can ACTUALLY get an attack that isn't the centaur.

The forest sprite always passes the first round even if you are in terrible danger

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

Balance and Storm don't have overtimes, and especially not X-pip overtimes.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Everyone has their plays their way. Fire isn't working out for you? Try a different school. I am a fire wizard and it works out perfect for me. But everyone's mind works different. So try a few different schools until you find one that really fits you.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
Thank you to everyone who posted.

When I posted this, I was really frustrated from the posts I had read.

But I realize now how stupid I was acting.

Thank you all :) Glad i'm

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011

Well why do you think diffrent things about fire wizards i play as one and i like him alot it just great when you have elemental trap and elemental blade with fire trap and frie blade it does tons of damage you just have to stock up on like me i have 3,018

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
Ok first off, I saw your post over in the PvP section "Is the fire school bad for pvp?" and what another person said in response to you. All I have to say is: STOP JUST AGREEING WITH JUST ONE OPINION! It seems like you'll just believe any one thing and restate it. If you think Fire stinks, that's one thing. No one likes the same things. But just because they don't get this or that or are not at the top of leadership board that doesn't mean they suck. Just seriously!

Worthless cards? Are you serious? So Efreets worthless? Backdraft is honestly terrible when paired against Tranquilize and ol' Fire Trap? Smoke Screen, Scald, and Choke are the laughing stocks of spells aren't they? Link and Power Link are just collect dust over there). Fuel can't help their over times when it gives them 3 traps to equal the time an Aura (that's Diego's term for an DoT, Damage over time) typically seen today. You really gonna tell me Rain of Fire is the last thing Fire would ever need? And I bet you think Sun Serpent has to be the worst thing Fire has in their arsenal, huh? Just not unique enough for you.

Fire is not a joke and it's insulting to people who have dedicated themselves to that school. Fire has a burning passion and flame like no one else. Yeah, every school has a damage over time. But no one in the history of this game has had as many or as powerful as Fire's. They get the most AoE's (Scald, Meteor Strike, Fire Dragon, Rain of Fire, Sun Serpent). It most cases, they can really knock a whole group down. They can deal damage over time over and over and over and over -did I mention over?- again with all the spells they have (Fire Elf, Heckhound, Scald, Fire Dragon, Rain of Fire, Link, Power Link). Plus they have just about evey kind of debuff in the game (accuracy debuff (Smoke Screen), damage debuff (Efreet), Stuns (Choke)). So they're gear might not give them high damage. So what? They're not going to sacrifice everything just for damage like Storm. And that doesn't mean they can't get high damage. Honestly, I've seen some Fire people who can deal damage.

In case you're wondering why Fire has 75%, second lowest accuracy, it's because they sacrifie enough do actually deal some heavy damage, but not sink themselves in everything just for damage like Storm.

There is not "worst school." Fire is on par with any other school. They have strong damage. They have unique utility spells. Some are just more situational. Heck they are pretty soloable and can handle themselves well. But honestly, I don't like your atitude at all. You're like a dying flame stuck on all the little negatives. Instead of getting soaked by what PvP says or what one person says, why don't you stick with what you do get out of Fire and really represent what Fire can do. Instead of getting knocked down, show the Spiral that Fire is capable of doing a lot.
Wow. Thanks, Finnigan. The spiral could use some wizards with your kind of mindset. You made me proud to be a fire wizard once again!

Jazzy ThunderStaff Lvl 90
"When the dueling gets hot, summon a fire shield."

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
Are you saying FIRE is the WORST SCHOOL! Are you blind! Open your eyes! Look at the higher level spells! You got an over-powered 8 pip spell! Efreet-895 dmg, -90% to next attack! Rain of Fire! 300, 800 over 3 rounds to all! Sun Serpent. O.M.G. 900-1k dmg to single enemy and 300 to all! Fire is one of the most Over. Powered. School in the game next to storm. The health is kind of on the low side. around 3k health but that still is pretty good. Accuracy, well we all know it is on the low side, but with a few snipers or accurates, that makes it near unstoppable. Damage, very high, might be second highest in the game.
I hope you know what your talking about saying "FIRE" is the worst school. It may be weak in the beginning, but just too OP after you get your first 8 pip fire.

-Travis Redweaver lvl 81

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009

yeah your right, having a lvl 90 fire is cool and all with the critical but the damage kinda sucks, a death can even get higher damage, fire does need more unique spells as it's a DoT school. i'm saying some cards should be changed, like heckhound should be like 40+150 over time, or have like another type of spell like that. and fire's healing spell kinda sucks, it's a 4 pip, should give more health.
I think fire should be like the critical school and storm is the damage school and ice is resist etc cause fire gear is really bad, my death has so much better gear for some reason.
like man storm is way better than fire, i see some storm with 50% resist to ice and fire and all that, and the have like 90% damage and 400 critical.... storm is like the best school....
fire needs a boost somehow, btw i think sun serpent should be like 900 damage and like 500 over time as it's a DoT school.

luis stardust 90
ryan 85
chris startdust 74

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
fire is a pretty good school myth is the worst school and balance

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
:p I honestly think school can be the best cause of the overtime spells (overtime spells have helped me win allot of battles and survive). Just think: How many times have i won a battle cause of overtime spells saving my life Yea we may not be the best, but think we aren't the worst Well, you think: we don't have good gear that gives us allot of damage Just go to waterworks and keep doing it until you get the firestarter's outfit. Just think of our advantages and other schools disadvantages! THINK POSITIVE ~ Emily Firecaster 83 you can find me in commons realm wu area one September 9 at 5:30! cya there and add me if you see me

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Fire is an AMAZING SCHOOL! it has epic over time spells, a super cool lvl 10 spell, and good attack!
Every school is amazing if you put the effort in them!
If you give up, they will end up as a wizard with nothing but week spells in them.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:

Fire's specialty is DoTs and they can just get easily taken away from you in PvP. For example you use a powerful rain of fire on a myth wizard in PvP then they can just use shift which costs 1 pip and give all that damage back to you and it could end up defeating you or put you at low health. Life has triage which costs no pips at all and removes the DoT and they even have mass triage to remove it from everyone if your in team game it is also very easy to get triage tc aswell. A lot of players i've come across in PvP have easily made my DoTs worthless and i end up wasting a lot of pips for them and usually lose the match because of that.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I totally disagree! My first wizard, Finnigan, was fire. He made it to lvl 90 and was able solo a good part of his trip up through Azteca (though I admit the final dungeon I find impossible to do solo).

He made a lot of friends along the way too, and many people called on me regularly for help. Finn is probably still my favorite wizard to play -- he just reached the end of what he could do so he is semi-retired now.

Combatting stun spells is easy -- you just learn stun block from Diego in PVP area. It also helps to back up Fire with a good secondary school that heals -- Life or Death ( I personally prefer life here).

Efreet is a very powerful spell, as are the Damage over time spells from early fire elf through dragon and rain of fire. Backfire also allows you to build up incredibly powerful hits -- made earning my One in a Million Badge fairly easy, in fact.

Most of the powerful spells in the game can also be found in TC's, regardless of the school.

All of the schools have their strengths and weaknesses. The trick is to learn what those strengths and weaknesses are, so you know how to play effectively with the school you are using. Some styles of play may fit your personality better than others though. So it may be that fire does not fit your personality; that does not make it a weak school. It just makes it a school that does not fit your style.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

i still believe is the worst and come on you have fire dragon rain of fire fuel hey storm has sweet spells and people just get tc for them easy but people are still trying to take from it as i said to the guy trying to take high damage from storm.: most schools have damage over time but not as good as fires all schools have blades but not as stacking as balances all schools have shields but not as defensive as ices all schools have damage not as good as storms most schools have heals not as good as lifes most schools have minions but not as good as myth so if your upset with accuracy get more on your accuracy stat why you have so low accuracy is because your almost as good at storm with damage but a little better on defense

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

is not a joke. This post is a joke.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Fire is my favorite school. I'll take Sun Serpent over Storm Owl any day.

I think the OP needs to do some research on gear and stats. That's what I did on my first Fire wiz, then I stalked the bazaar until I had the most effective build. The wiki at Central is an amazing resource if you choose to use it.

Personally, I don't think there is a bad school. Except Myth (j/k I have two Myth wizards). Each school has its own specialty and it is up to us as the players to find out how best to use it. Strategy, including gear builds, pets, etc. is a huge part of this game.

Community Leader
Hum I don't think I have a worst school. All schools are great for different reasons. I guess the one I play least is storm? But not by all means worst. I play Balance with my Fire wizard most of the time. Fire is a really powerful school and everyone knows I love the balance school. Ice for tournaments

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
No. We are not the worst. There are actually tons of fire players because the damage and fizzle rates match well, and help make up for loss of health. We have lots of DoTs, most schools have 1. So what if heckhound is a tc? I saw a Lord of Winter treasure card in the Bazaar. Our gear helps a lot, maybe you can't find the right combos. Our spells are amazing. Hard hitting Helephants, Efreets making enemies stuck with a large weaknesses, and many powerful, shield breaking DoTs. Don't give up. Fire is a way to go. If you don't like it, become ice or something. I believe in my wizard ( Isaac Goldenriver, level 42) and haven't wanted another school since.

Don't lose hope, supermegamash, don't.