Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP modes: choose your type of duel

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I think PVP needs more development. I think there should be more modes:
  • a mode for speed dueling, where you get 10 seconds per round to choose cards, and you can't use reshuffle
  • a mode for brawling, where you can't heal, shield, or use weakness at all
  • a mode for no treasure cards allowed

And I think other people on here could come up with other good ideas, but we need options instead of one-fits-all PVP.

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
I would love the brawling mode on Ranked PvP! Great Idea!

-BrandonBearBreath Level 47 Master Sorcerer

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
  • a mode for proficiency dueling, where players cannot cast learned spells outside their own school (but treasure cards are allowed)
  • a mode for interloper dueling, where players cannot cast learned spells from their own school (but treasure cards are allowed)
  • a mode for dampened magic, where players cannot cast spells greater than Rank 3.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
Lucas Rain on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
  • a mode for speed dueling, where you get 10 seconds per round to choose cards, and you can't use reshuffle

And I think other people on here could come up with other good ideas, but we need options instead of one-fits-all PVP.
Yeah instead we'll just smokescreen them, I got ya bro...lol.
  • A game mode with just pure damage, no criticals A free-for-all where people could attack whoever they wanted (4 players)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I don't PVP but I love these ideas. I think being able to set a number of requirements for the duel to be a highly effective way to battle. There's just soo many ideas. All KI would have to do is fix the matching system, and implement these ideas, and I not only think it COULD solve the problem of PvP, but it COULD influence me into trying it

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
spoderman pls on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Yeah instead we'll just smokescreen them, I got ya bro...lol.
  • A game mode with just pure damage, no criticals A free-for-all where people could attack whoever they wanted (4 players)
No criticals? What's wrong with criticals? So no boost damage either?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
If there were several different pvp types, people would be split between them. This would cause less people to be in each individual ranked type, which would cause getting matches to take longer. If getting into matches took longer, then people would probably get mad. This could be a good idea, but something would have to be included so that it would be quicker to get matches.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
If there were several different pvp types, people would be split between them. This would cause less people to be in each individual ranked type, which would cause getting matches to take longer. If getting into matches took longer, then people would probably get mad. This could be a good idea, but something would have to be included so that it would be quicker to get matches.
Yeah, but when I go to join a PvP match, there are 100 people pending and for some reason I'm not put in with any of them. If KI would just fix this issue then all of these ideas would work very well.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
Yes, it makes no sense to split the PvP community into specialized versions of PvP. However, it might be interesting for KI to hold tournaments with special rules now and again.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Lucas Rain on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:

20 seconds would be better so we could actually have time to use a card.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I am not concerned about splitting up the PvP population. The draw on players who would join PvP, who have never been in PvP before, is staggering.

People fail to see the reasons why lots of folks aren't joining PvP in the first place. Not only are some modes I have proposed much simpler than PvP "default," but having niched PvP modes makes it easier to see the biggest point is just to have fun, rather than completely dominate a circuit with advanced ranks, gear, and badges.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
Lucas Rain on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
I am not concerned about splitting up the PvP population. The draw on players who would join PvP, who have never been in PvP before, is staggering.

People fail to see the reasons why lots of folks aren't joining PvP in the first place. Not only are some modes I have proposed much simpler than PvP "default," but having niched PvP modes makes it easier to see the biggest point is just to have fun, rather than completely dominate a circuit with advanced ranks, gear, and badges.
I think what everyone is trying to say is the pvp community isn't big enough for all of these modes. Yea I mean sure W101 has over 1,000,000+ players, but how many of those accounts are active? When I play hmm lets say Black Ops 2 there's atleast an average 200,000 active players to fill in all game modes, with which in W101 it takes 1 - 2hrs to find a 4v4.

And anyway who says people will play these other modes if players have already found a way to ruin the current ones we have?