Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Ice Wizard needs help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2013
Hi, as a new member I was assigned Ice school by the random questions. I find the game interesting and plan on checking it out for a little while. My problem is that I can't find an up to date guide anywhere on how to maximize being an Ice wizard. Can anyone please help me find a good up to date guide, please? I have no idea what school/spells to spend my training points on. Can you "untrain" if you find later that you have made a mistake? Most of the guides I've seen are over 3 years old and I'm sure the game has changed much since then. Thank you for any help and please no flaming as I know that I am clueless right now.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Truefan on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Hi, as a new member I was assigned Ice school by the random questions. I find the game interesting and plan on checking it out for a little while. My problem is that I can't find an up to date guide anywhere on how to maximize being an Ice wizard. Can anyone please help me find a good up to date guide, please? I have no idea what school/spells to spend my training points on. Can you "untrain" if you find later that you have made a mistake? Most of the guides I've seen are over 3 years old and I'm sure the game has changed much since then. Thank you for any help and please no flaming as I know that I am clueless right now.
Truefan,

Take a look at www.wizard101central.com for some ideas on GAMEPLAY FOR ICE. I was into level 51-60 before seeing their suggestions on maximizing the experience, but I didn't want to restart all over again and lose all my friends.

When you get there choose FORUMS and then GAMEPLAY FOR ICE.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
Aug 03, 2013
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Truefan,

Take a look at www.wizard101central.com for some ideas on GAMEPLAY FOR ICE. I was into level 51-60 before seeing their suggestions on maximizing the experience, but I didn't want to restart all over again and lose all my friends.

When you get there choose FORUMS and then GAMEPLAY FOR ICE.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
Thank you! This was exactly what I was looking for.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I find spending training points on out of schools spells is a waste of them. I try to get only ones that will enhance my school given ones and start with the tri blade from Niles in Krockatopia. Then at level 50 I start the Sun Spells in Celestia (I usually have to have someone take me there) for the extra damage to my school spells, you don't have to take the Accuracy ones to progress in the series but you must take them all to get the better one as you level up. Many of the spells you get from your teacher you will not use but if you don't take all that become available you won't be able to get the better ones later on.

I solo or support a group that does not play the game well so I take all quests and side ones except the optional dungeons such as BriskBreeze Marleybone Warehouse and tower of Helephant, to make sure my wizard is a little above recommended level.

You can get treasure cards for any spells you are interested in and give them a try before you buy sort of thing. As you go along you will gather gear etc. that you can sell to purchase, with gold, most anything you need in the game at the Bazaar.

Gear over time becomes very important. Be sure to check the Bazaar every 5-10 lvls or so for better things to increase you power at least though level 60. Consider the crafting quests, along you way, as a way to be able to craft some gear later in the game. Once the Seal of the Seven Seas in Celestia is completed I started the crafting quest in Wintertusk for the lvl 56 gear - all my wizards now wear that at level 56. Thankfully you only need one wizard to this level to be able to craft all the gear for your other wizards and pass it though the Shared Bank to them.

Here is a mini guide to Ice game play: http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/ice-ice-baby-a-comprehensive-pve-ice-guide/

Expect game play with Ice to be slow but sure. Your damage maybe low but your health will off set that issue. If played properly it is highly likely you could solo most all the game with this class. Keep in mind not every class is for everyone, I know I have a rough time with Balance, I made it to lvl 90 but felt I wasn't giving it my best and you are given 6 slots to give another school a try.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Since the previous post didn't provide links:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?45679-Ice-Wizard-Tips-and-Tricks

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?208356-Ice-tips-Part-1

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?55000-Ice-Best-Gear-by-World

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
Hey young wizard and welcome to the spiral!! We hope you enjoy your time here! I love the school of