Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Young Morganthe too hard?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
I'm only in Dragonspyre, but I recently watched half of a video of four friends trying to kill Young Morganthe in Avalon. All she ever did was spam mana burns, wooly mammoths earthquakes (whenever they put shields) and criticals. This makes me scared to fight that darn boss... And even worse, all of my friends in real life who play wizard101 don't pay, and the one person who does uses crowns and is just about ready to finish Firecat Alley. Even worse no one in w101 does quests with me. We're all at different paces. Some are slower than me, and so far two of them level up ten times in only two days. Any advice for when I get there? Thanks?

-Nathaniel Redflame, level 46

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Little Dragon Spar... on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
I'm only in Dragonspyre, but I recently watched half of a video of four friends trying to kill Young Morganthe in Avalon. All she ever did was spam mana burns, wooly mammoths earthquakes (whenever they put shields) and criticals. This makes me scared to fight that darn boss... And even worse, all of my friends in real life who play wizard101 don't pay, and the one person who does uses crowns and is just about ready to finish Firecat Alley. Even worse no one in w101 does quests with me. We're all at different paces. Some are slower than me, and so far two of them level up ten times in only two days. Any advice for when I get there? Thanks?

You have to finish Dragonspyre, Celestia and Zafaria before moving on. Worry about those worlds first.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
My Advice Is Don't Worry. I've Fought Young Morganthe Multiple Times, And Its Not Really Hard Once You Know Her Strategy (Strategy Will Help You Avoid Her Mana Burns). And Friends Come And Go, You'll Have Found Some Good Ones By The Time You Get To Her. She Isn't As Hard As She Looks.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DargonLeaf

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Quite honestly, I didn't think she was too hard. I went in with a life, ice and death and I'm a balance. Any time someone died, they just fled and walked back in(don't port in!) and still got credit. Just follow the rules of her playing style and you should be fine. And she never cast mammoth on our group once. Don't stress about it, just find some people willing to help (in the game or ask here) and I'm sure you'll find someone. Good luck!

-Amber Spiritblade level 81 sorcerer

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
It's a cheating boss,
she says she only does that stuff if you shield and blade.
So if you don't shield and blade, your good. She won't attack, and if she does not really hard.
When your fighting her don't worry, listen to what she says, and follow it.
Good luck!
Level 82 Kenneth Deathsword Fire Wizard

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Little Dragon Spar... on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:

I am not there yet, but i think if they didn't die, then she isn't hard. Just don't waste time with sheilds and keep your best spells in hand.

Good Luck!

Angela Gem
Level 40
school

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
You have to finish Dragonspyre, Celestia and Zafaria before moving on. Worry about those worlds first.
Hey it's not hard you got to do it to see how hard it is I beat her so fast now I am in Azteca. Evan griffin forge

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I have a different account for this game and I have another wizard in Azteca and I fought Young Morganthe on 1 try, so she wasn't that hard but she kept spamming Mammoths on the same person, try to have a lot of resistance, like waterworks equipment, also if you gain over 8 pips, she will mana burn you. Also, don't use wards(blades) she will earthquake everyone(including herself for 100 damage) then she will power nova, you so be aware of that. Take 2 or 3 people other than yourself in there, like storm (strong damage and wind bolt) Life(Healing) and Ice(for shields and a strong person in case if you die, he/she can hold her off and you can port back) Hope this helped!

Justin Skullshard Level 85
Jared Battleblade Level 30, and counting

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Morganthe isn't hard! I was scared like you. But if I called one my friend we did it. Our strategy was: She is like belloq, hurt her every rounds, with low pips spells, we didn't use any boosting or protecting spells. Just healing, what we didn't need. She used one mammoth at beggining. Nothing extra.

- I hope, it helps.

ROBERT - Lvl. 90

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
Easy Advice for everyone against young morganthe:

1. Don't keep more then 8 pips= 4 power pips She will mana burn you
  2. No shields or traps= she casts Earthquake on you and herself then casts power nova (She will let you cast them at times it is a little glitchy)
  3. She will use mammoth on the first person withing the first round.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
Don't worry. You'll be much stronger by the time you get to her. They must have kept activating her cheats. Just be sure to look up a guide before you fight her.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
ok i'm confused in chlestia (or however its spelled) we saw the normal morganthe and then in avalon. young?

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Well I have a strategy that only works with a group. Here it is:
-Have 4 guys in your group.
-first turn land 4 tc melts on her (Everybody casts melt)
-3 feints on her. (Different feints if there isn't a fire on your team)
-Blade fire and fire does heckhound (Everyone casts a blade on the fire and the fire heckhounds morganthe)
-Blade hitter then hitter cast Leviathan/Gnomes!/Von's with prism/chimera with death prism/etc.
You have either taken out a chunk of her health or beaten her now!
Besides you should worry about Malistaire. If you have to solo him it will be this strategy:
Blade (2 or more preferably) then 2 feints (different feints) on mali. Then use a dragon that's enchanted with monstrous tc and you have taken out minions and some of mali's health. And amanda, pay atention to the storyline and worry about your world if you wanna find out why.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Empower and Donate Power are not fast enough to avoid mana burn. If you donate pips to someone else downstream, and they have more than 8 as a result, the mana burn will come before their chosen spell resolves. This affects X spells such as heckhound and tempest. If your chosen spell is a fixed cost spell, it will still resolve, even if all your pips are destroyed by the mana burn.

Just something to keep in mind while you are building a team strategy for beating her.

If you're balance, look and see what your potential pip target is casting. In most cases you're better off blading them instead.