Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are some good pets for ice?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
For the last 30 levels I have been using an Ice Mammoth. It does some healing and gives mammoth card. But, I will soon have no use for the mammoth card soon since I will be getting it soon. What are some good ice pets that i can use after my little mammoth is not useful? I want something with may cast healing. Please also include how you can get it too ;D thanks

Taylor Swift level 66

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Taylor Swift on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
For the last 30 levels I have been using an Ice Mammoth. It does some healing and gives mammoth card. But, I will soon have no use for the mammoth card soon since I will be getting it soon. What are some good ice pets that i can use after my little mammoth is not useful? I want something with may cast healing. Please also include how you can get it too ;D thanks

Taylor Swift level 66
Here, healing pets-
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/PetAbility:Spritely

Survivor
Feb 25, 2013

Taylor Swift level 66
On my opinion I would say the new polar bear cub from the winterbane bundle

Survivor
Nov 30, 2012
I would hatch with a frost cat, it looks like a ice pet and it has awesome stats! Remember to hatch with one though.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013

Taylor Swift level 66
An Ice Bat Is Useful, Even Though I'm Fire I Just Like The Color Blue. I Got The Ice Bat By A Pack And I Wish I Could Gift Already Used Items, Cause I Don't Use It Anymore.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Snowball is pretty good, but it comes with a weak sweeper card.

Ice hound, if you can find someone to hatch with you - they're pretty scarce. Fairy, some other good abilities.

I saw a pvp commander yesterday with a tundra warden - the ice hybrid scarecrow - pretty solid hybrid too with sprite, unicorn, fire resist, and global resist.

Probably easiest and most reliable will be starfish (10K gold, celestia base camp) and polar bear cub (winterbane gauntlet bundle). No selfish talents on starfish makes it an easy entry level choice for serious ice play.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Starfish is a good starter pet, which you can get from the Celestia Base Camp. You can hatch for better talents as well. Happy pet breeding.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
Starfish is a good starter pet, which you can get from the Celestia Base Camp. You can hatch for better talents as well. Happy pet breeding.
It's a start toward a SPUD pet because of Spritely and Proof?

Spritely
Spell Proof
Unicorn
Dragonblade

I think?

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Fire Wyvern is very good and can be hatched with ice wyvern and street.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 54
Keena Wildheart lvl 15
Myrtle Wyrmthief lvl 3

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
OhThatKid123 on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
On my opinion I would say the new polar bear cub from the winterbane bundle
i would agree the new polar bear cub is the best in my opinion.

pretty1231

Jessica Fairy

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Northlite on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
It's a start toward a SPUD pet because of Spritely and Proof?

Spritely
Spell Proof
Unicorn
Dragonblade

I think?
Close, but nope.
Spritely
Spell-proof
Unicorn
Spell-defy (the D stands for defy)

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Starfish is the best for ice.
10k gold, but worth it.
It has spirtely, spell proof, and lots of ice talents

I got really lucky on my Wizard. I trained it to adult and it had proof and spiritely Thank goodness no ice traits, which I don't need.

Go for the starfish

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
I would say the snow beast (Gives Iceblade spell), The Icebird (Gives Icebird spell, and if hatched and trained correctly gives exceptional stats), The Polar Bear Cub (It still gives the Mammoth spell but I do think it is very useful, also if hatched and trained correctly, also gives great stats), or the Arctic Ninja Pig (Trained to cast Sprite and Tower Shield). Those are only a few pets. The Wintry Elf is also one of the best Ice pets that you could get as well, but training is a bit harder and hatching it, so be careful, I hope this helped, Taylor Swift!

Vanessa BattleCrafter - Balance lvl 90