Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Uninvited Guests to your home/castle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
Hi,

Yesterday, I experienced a "friend" just popping into my home/castle. I told this person that I did not appreciate this person just coming to my castle without permission and I sent the person away. This person came back. I told the person again but this person paid no attention to me. So I sent this person away again and removed them from my friends list.

Your options for visitation is all, none or just friends. Any chance you can create a "prompt for permission" option? It would work similar to how to you request for friends, with a yes or no response.

Of course, if you're have a party, the user may have to change their option from prompt to all or friends.

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
If you want to be left alone for a bit you can select the option "Hidden From Friends". That seperates you from the rest of the spiral.

I guess you are asking for a doorbell that people can ring. Kinda like other threads on this forum asking for porting permission in PvE. (people must request permission to port, and you must accept.)

I like the idea. I sometimes get quite startled when somebody unexpectedly ports to me at 2:00am.

Happy Wizarding!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
death279wizard on May 21, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday, I experienced a "friend" just popping into my home/castle. I told this person that I did not appreciate this person just coming to my castle without permission and I sent the person away. This person came back. I told the person again but this person paid no attention to me. So I sent this person away again and removed them from my friends list.

Your options for visitation is all, none or just friends. Any chance you can create a "prompt for permission" option? It would work similar to how to you request for friends, with a yes or no response.

Of course, if you're have a party, the user may have to change their option from prompt to all or friends.

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn
I think a permission option is a great idea. I've done exactly what you did, by the way. :)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I'd also like to see people need to get your permission to port to you anywhere. Just as you have to approve them adding you to their friends list, you should be able to choose whether they may port to you at a given time. Not just once, but every time they ask, as sometimes you would like the help or companionship, and sometimes not.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
I don't like the idea, I love it! You SHOULD have to get permission first. Though, you can do hidden to friends but your idea is better.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
I personally like this idea! My one friend-enimy a.k.a Validus Legendrider, ports to me anytime i just want to be alone! He is a good friend but he is just stubborn! So having to ask for permission to port would be a good idea, i have too say maby have that as a option maby. Then if your friend is in a battle and needs your help, and it is on the last second you would'nt have them get killed on there.

Anna Ghostheart