Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug Sprays - Tone Down the Graphics!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Please KI, tone down the graphics for the Pungent and Purtrid Bug Sprays.

On a garden with 20+ plants the graphics are too much. Its hard to see the plant needs or the presence of higher rank pests. Even seeing if some need harvesting can be tough, forcing me to walk into the garden, but the lag on my wizard as I walk through them is really annoying. Also, it makes gardens look terrible.

I saved up a ton of gold for these spells. The first one I found annoying and unusable. I hoped the second would be better but it wasn't. I'm afraid of getting the minitature bloodbats for fear that its just as bad.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I had that problem, and found that turning off bloom in the graphics settings improved things greatly.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks Dimes10,

I tried turning off blooming, saved and restarted the game. It might be better, but still bad enough I won't be using these rank 1 bug sprays. Plants further in my garden plots I can't even tell if they have a rank 2 pests! I also can't tell what needs harvesting without crawling through my stut - stut - stuttering garden.

I gotta regularly use rank 2+ bug killers anyway so I guess there isn't much point to the Pungent and Purtrid Bug Sprays. Maybe this is why nobody else complains....

~ RottenHeart

Historian
May 06, 2009
RottenHeart on May 2, 2013 wrote:
Thanks Dimes10,

I tried turning off blooming, saved and restarted the game. It might be better, but still bad enough I won't be using these rank 1 bug sprays. Plants further in my garden plots I can't even tell if they have a rank 2 pests! I also can't tell what needs harvesting without crawling through my stut - stut - stuttering garden.

I gotta regularly use rank 2+ bug killers anyway so I guess there isn't much point to the Pungent and Purtrid Bug Sprays. Maybe this is why nobody else complains....

~ RottenHeart
A nice supplement is Dragonflies. I use that one pretty often for my garden and I don't get an issue of seeing my plants needs. But maybe in the future update KI will tone things down a bit.