Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

some quests just don't make sense...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
Ever get a quest that involves going to a new world, go to a spiral door, look for the new world your new quest is supposed to take place in, and suddenly realize that the new world (which in this case is Mb) isn't in the spiral door, and wonder, "That doesn't make any sense at all! I mean, I got the quest to go in, but it's not in here! How didn't I get the spiral key?!?!?!?!" Well, it happened to me just last night. I was in the Commons, going to night side, because I wanted to get new Death talent cards, you know? Well next thing I know I'm in the death school going to Dworgyn, to get new spells, and he has an exclamation point over head. And I'm sitting here thinking, "Holy cheese! Dworgyn has a quest for me?!?!?!" So obviously, I go up to him to get the quest, and he said, " It is time for your next challenge. A long time ago, I had a student named Freddy. He was an interesting fellow, as you shall discover. He hangs out in the clock tower in Chelsea Court. Come see me when you are finished." I had been in Mb before, because my friend is allowed in, and I teleported. But when I went to Ravenwood, to go to Mb, I totally freaked, just about. Mb wasn't on my list and I was like, "What the heck, dude I literally just the quest to get into Mb, and it's not on my list I'm fa-reakin' out right now, dude, fa-reakin' out" So now I'm all confuzzled. Is it like a side quest, or something?!?! I'm so confuzzled!!!!!!!!! Plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Autumn, lvl 30, A+ student, Adept Necromancer plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SummertimeStar on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Ever get a quest that involves going to a new world, go to a spiral door, look for the new world your new quest is supposed to take place in, and suddenly realize that the new world (which in this case is Mb) isn't in the spiral door, and wonder, "That doesn't make any sense at all! I mean, I got the quest to go in, but it's not in here! How didn't I get the spiral key?!?!?!?!" Well, it happened to me just last night. I was in the Commons, going to night side, because I wanted to get new Death talent cards, you know? Well next thing I know I'm in the death school going to Dworgyn, to get new spells, and he has an exclamation point over head. And I'm sitting here thinking, "Holy cheese! Dworgyn has a quest for me?!?!?!" So obviously, I go up to him to get the quest, and he said, " It is time for your next challenge. A long time ago, I had a student named Freddy. He was an interesting fellow, as you shall discover. He hangs out in the clock tower in Chelsea Court. Come see me when you are finished." I had been in Mb before, because my friend is allowed in, and I teleported. But when I went to Ravenwood, to go to Mb, I totally freaked, just about. Mb wasn't on my list and I was like, "What the heck, dude I literally just the quest to get into Mb, and it's not on my list I'm fa-reakin' out right now, dude, fa-reakin' out" So now I'm all confuzzled. Is it like a side quest, or something?!?! I'm so confuzzled!!!!!!!!! Plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Autumn, lvl 30, A+ student, Adept Necromancer plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RELAX.
Just because you get a school quest (or other quest like crafting) where you 'need' access to world you have not gotten to yet doesn't mean anything is wrong or glitched.
Do your main storyline quests, and you will get to Marleybone and/or the area you need to get your spell.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Quest assignments are not cross referenced with your access to areas. Not just your access to worlds but regions within worlds too. It usually makes sense because how would a stranger NPC asking for a favor possibly know if you have access to an area? (I realize programaticaly they could know.... I mean from a logical story point of view).

I would think that Merle Ambrose and your school teacher should know which worlds you have access to. I think they should hold off giving you assignments untill you are ready. But apparently they are a bit absent minded.