Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching 101 Important tips

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
First off I would like to tell how to get the other players pet when hatching well this one is easy You need to have a higher pedigree the higher the better chance you will get theres I would not hatch if your pedigree is only 3 away
Second to get those may cast you wanna have a pet that has one of those talents possibly then buy pet snacks that boost intellect because it is the main stat that determines it and marleybone cannon game helps too.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Sorry not intellect for may cast I mean't Will Intellect gives a card possibly

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Turnip78 on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
First off I would like to tell how to get the other players pet when hatching well this one is easy You need to have a higher pedigree the higher the better chance you will get theres I would not hatch if your pedigree is only 3 away
Second to get those may cast you wanna have a pet that has one of those talents possibly then buy pet snacks that boost intellect because it is the main stat that determines it and marleybone cannon game helps too.
This post is based on what facts? You need to be more clear on what you are talking about here its very vague

As a hatching expert I can assure you need to do your homework :)

Stat you train has no impact on talents that show. Pet talents are set in stone when egg is created. This can be tested and proven by using test server with a pet that's on your live character. Train it on test with what ever method you believe then train it a different way on live. The talents that show will be identical no matter what snack, game etc.

There is no trick to getting the other players pet in the hatchery. its a 50/50 chance to get Pet A or pet B if there is a chance of a mix between the two then factor that in. in general for common pets that don't make a different pets its a 50/50 chance.

There are some pets that are more dominate than others. For example no matter what trick or way when i mix a red ghost and carnation pixie i get the carnation 9 out of the 10 times. Often it may seem like when you want a pet you end up not getting :-) still a 50/50 chance even so. It's just like the packs you have a CHANCE to get a super item or spell does not mean you will or will not. So see it this way you have a chance at getting pet a or pet b :)

cheers.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
masterryan1969 on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
This post is based on what facts? You need to be more clear on what you are talking about here its very vague

Stat you train has no impact on talents that show. Pet talents are set in stone when egg is created. This can be tested and proven by using test server with a pet that's on your live character. Train it on test with what ever method you believe then train it a different way on live. The talents that show will be identical no matter what snack, game etc.

There is no trick to getting the other players pet in the hatchery. its a 50/50 chance to get Pet A or pet B if there is a chance of a mix between the two then factor that in. in general for common pets that don't make a different pets its a 50/50 chance.

There are some pets that are more dominate than others. For example no matter what trick or way when i mix a red ghost and carnation pixie i get the carnation 9 out of the 10 times. Often it may seem like when you want a pet you end up not getting :-) still a 50/50 chance even so. It's just like the packs you have a CHANCE to get a super item or spell does not mean you will or will not. So see it this way you have a chance at getting pet a or pet b :)

cheers.
I don't really think its 9 out of 10 I have like 20 of certain pets its usually works 8 out of 10 if you have a higher pedigree (for me) and I just got a pet with cool talents trained him under Will he got pierce and my pet with spiritly had will maxed out first so....

Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
I have a monkey and i'm training a leopard acting like you techniches work? they do not

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I recommend disregarding the OP's suggestions.

My own experiences indicate he is incorrect as I had a personal project to breed a fantastic myth sprite - which I repeatedly hatched with high pedigree pets. The hatched myth sprite generally got better and better as I was selectively breeding with the best pets I had. Each hatching was a 50/50 chance on what pet got (many more than 25 hatchings).

I can also state that the snacks you feed to your pet have absolutely no bearing on the talents that become realized. My current best pet (deer knight) got feed mega snacks from my garden - none of which the deer knight liked or loved.

Unfortunately these posts propogate myths.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
floopsuper4 on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
I have a monkey and i'm training a leopard acting like you techniches work? they do not
Are you sure you have a may cast talent? Because I continued to do my strategy and I got may cast pierce and sprite so I don't know.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
masterryan1969 on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:

cheers.
Are you sure? Because if you hover over a stat, it gives a list of abilities. Like for strength, it says

Strength affects resistances, pip chance, outgoing healing, amour piercing, stun resistance, and the cost to cheer while swimming in pet derby

I doubt there are stats that make your pet more like to cast/receive a spell, though.

My advice: if you want better abilities, train a better pet.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Haley MoonHeart on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
Are you sure? Because if you hover over a stat, it gives a list of abilities. Like for strength, it says

Strength affects resistances, pip chance, outgoing healing, amour piercing, stun resistance, and the cost to cheer while swimming in pet derby

I doubt there are stats that make your pet more like to cast/receive a spell, though.

My advice: if you want better abilities, train a better pet.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture
The pet stats effect the 'strength' of a realized tallent, not the probability of getting the talent. I believe this is what masterplat is saying. And there is a great deal of evidence that supports this to be true.