Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear for the next world

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
Everyone knows that people use crafted gear for pvp. so I came up with an awesome idea. Every crafted gear has a little bit more damage, accuracy, health etc. But it would be awesome if every gear had Ice immunity! I've basically gotten sick and tired of going up against ice wizards with 80+ resist. And then right after the match they always feel the need to torment me. So what do you do when someone makes you feel like scum? you report them, but sense reporting never (and I mean never) works, they get back on track to tormenting you. Oh and kingsisle, i know you've heard this a million times but plz stop the ice resist. Your making it harder with each world to achieve my dream of warlord.

Promethean Diviner
Dylan Stormbreeze

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
If you really want to beat ice wizards, use prisms, they will convert your storm to Myth which Ice wizards resist much less to. KI will never give 100% resist to a school in one piece/set of gear, you need to mix and match.

Also, resist for Ice has gotten worse in Azteca. Check out Wizard101 central, the resist is worse for crafting. I am an Ice wizard and therefore curious what the AZ crafting gear would give. Also, there are many ways to bypass the Ice immunity.

1. Infallible - 15% accuracy and 15% armor piercing - star school
2. Extraordinary - 25% accuracy and 15% armor piercing - sun school - you probably have lots of TC versions of these
3. School spear - 10% armor piercing
4. Elemental/Spirit spear - 6% armor piercing

'
+15
+10
+06
--------
That's a total of 46% armor piercing, not good enough? Use a prism.

Also, if they use any shields, shatter TCs are good. You can also shield against them and also, if you have low health (ex: under 3,000) make sure to use Horizon of the Underworld Charm, it gives 489HP and a Snow Drift item card.

Is there a such need for so many complaints when you can bypass their resist easily?

*Justin Goldrider - Level 86 Archmage, Private (0 won 2 lost)
*Jeremy Jade - Level 38 Theurgist, Private (0 won 0 lost)
*And everyone else, wish you a belated Easter

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
crackerjack323 on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
Everyone knows that people use crafted gear for pvp. so I came up with an awesome idea. Every crafted gear has a little bit more damage, accuracy, health etc. But it would be awesome if every gear had Ice immunity! I've basically gotten sick and tired of going up against ice wizards with 80+ resist. And then right after the match they always feel the need to torment me. So what do you do when someone makes you feel like scum? you report them, but sense reporting never (and I mean never) works, they get back on track to tormenting you. Oh and kingsisle, i know you've heard this a million times but plz stop the ice resist. Your making it harder with each world to achieve my dream of warlord.

Promethean Diviner
Dylan Stormbreeze
Ummmmm did you say everyone have ice immunity? I have only run across 2 people that have immunity to storm and fire just letting you know. And also in case you didn't know, the ice armor stats took a dive when we went into Azteca. List off how many ice wizards (smart ones) you've seen wearing the azteca crafted gear. All you guys's complaining did something. So while storm shot up to 300+ critical ice stayed EXACTLY THE SAME. Everyone uses the AV crafted gear instead of the newest kind. In my opinion some people just need to find away around it. Wait i have the solution! CONVERT *gasp*. My storm wizard is level 70 so not the level where converts are typically needed but I end up fighting these guys anyways and winning. Also I am a Warlord on my Ice and have gotten beat by storm and fire with things like storm owl. Remember that this spell does about a million damage. Just blade once convert and hit with owl.

Wolf Skullslinger, 87 Ice Warlord
Wolf Deathhammer, 81 Death Sergeant (ranking him up)
Wolf Stormblood, 70 Storm Knight
Wolf Mythhammer, 51 Myth Knight
Wolf, 10 Fire Commander

P.S. there is a way around everything

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012

Promethean Diviner
Dylan Stormbreeze
All gear had ice immunity? Is this a joke? Ice is the weakest school, whose good resist makes up for it. If you dont wanna deal wih ice's 80 storm resist, use prisms.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2012

Promethean Diviner
Dylan Stormbreeze
I have to agree. I believe Kingsisle has a bit of favoritism towards the school of Ice. They made the Lord of the Winter an arguably better spell compared to its competitors and the whole idea of Ice immunity is just ridiculous. They should make the next Ice attack spell, if there ever will be one, have medium damage and remove Ice immunity completely.

Legendary Theurgist
Level 64
Mark Titan