Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Legendary Pets

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Just an idea I had, but eventually, pets will probably get even better and be increased again. So, I thought I would suggest my idea here:

Legendary Pets: 4000 xp to reach Legendary

Unlocks 2 talents at Legendary to give a pet 7 of the 10 possible talents.

This will offer up a wide variety of options to KI, by allowing new Legendary Snack Packs!
Snacks that offer rank 10 and 11 snacks which have, 75 to 100 xp each.

A new plant, the Evil Maltese Peas, which are much like the Evil Magma Pea, except with rank 4 pests and drop reagents like Fossil, Diamonds, Agave Leaves, Agave Nectar, Turquoise, Amber.
Also will drop 1 rank 10 or 11 mega snack every elder harvest!

Just an idea, tell me what you think:

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Darth JT on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
Just an idea I had, but eventually, pets will probably get even better and be increased again. So, I thought I would suggest my idea here:

This will offer up a wide variety of options to KI, by allowing new Legendary Snack Packs!

A new plant, the Evil Maltese Peas, which are much like the Evil Magma Pea, except with rank 4 pests and drop reagents like Fossil, Diamonds, Agave Leaves, Agave Nectar, Turquoise, Amber.

Perfect, simply perfect.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I think its a great idea :D My pink pixie hatched with a pet with may cast unicorn, and is now ancient and has not yet gotten it yet. It has mana gift and pain giver, but i'm nervous once i train it to epic, it wont get it. THEN i'll have to train it to mega for a another CHANCE. Legendary would be great with 2 talents and new legendary snacks

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010

The reason i dont think this will happen is because right now we have 10 talent slots and when we hatch 5 is pulled from both pets so im not sure how they would do it with gaining an extra ability on top of the 5 we can get right now.

Unless a revamp of the hatch system happens then i dont see this happening.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

I might be interested if they guarantee non-selfish talents at that level. The last thing I need to do is spend months leveling a pet to have it come up with "rugged."

Explorer
Dec 28, 2010
just thinking of how many snacks i would have to buy farm and buy snack packs to get my pet to legendary makes my head hurt so no

Champion
Dec 01, 2011

At first, I thought no one would really go through all that pet training again, but with the Legendary Snacks, it wouldnt be as much hard as Mega level - especially that we gain 2 new talents (This, however, means more MC combos - horray.)

BUT the thing is gaining those LGD Snacks. The EMLP would be Crowns, right? Of course I'm right.

Would there be a boss to farm? Oh and can it also drop some Vines and B. Vines?

Anyways, if we look at this from a global view, it sure does look good.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
The reason i dont think this will happen is because right now we have 10 talent slots and when we hatch 5 is pulled from both pets so im not sure how they would do it with gaining an extra ability on top of the 5 we can get right now.

Unless a revamp of the hatch system happens then i dont see this happening.
Actually, that is not how it works, you may or may not get 5 talents from each pet. That is the general rule, but does not always happen, sometimes, you can get a complete carbon copy of your pet or your hatching partners pet.

As for getting 2 talents at Legendary, that would be no different than when KI changed the training and talent process from 4 to 5 talents, except this time, it will open 2 talent slots.

It may or may not happen, who knows, but there are many reasons to make this happen and lots of money in it for KI to consider this, especially since it revamps pets, revamps gardening, and revamps mega/legendary snacks. It's an entire economy boost!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
RavenLady777 on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
I might be interested if they guarantee non-selfish talents at that level. The last thing I need to do is spend months leveling a pet to have it come up with "rugged."
Sorry RavenLady, if you hatch with a pet that has self talents, it will always be possible to get those self talents at any age. The only way to guarantee non-self talents, is to keep hatching with pets that have no self talents in the gene pool.

Ways to do that, level 58 pets have no self-talents, Celestia Pets have no Self-Talents, also many people on wizard101 central have pets with no self-talents. Hatch pets that have no self talents is the only way to guarantee no self talents will manifest.

Also, with new ways to level up pets, IE, legendary snacks, it may not take months, but is still a very long way to go, but could well be worth the trip.