Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear: WW or Mirror Lake

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Hi everyone!

I'm a level 70 balance wizard who doesn't have good stats because she needs better gear. I have heard that the best gear is within Waterworks or Mirror lake. I have completed each quest, and before I move on to Avalon, I want better gear. I prefer to farm for things, but I don't mind crafting.
I really need high stats for resist for all schools and a high damage boost for balance. My crit stuff is fine, but which dungeon should I farm?

P.S. This isn't just for balance, I think others should know which to farm for based on their school.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Crafted...
But at 70, waterworks. But don't worry if you are a crafter, don't farm, just level to 76 and buy the recipes and craft them. Only the waterworks boots are worth farming for.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
Waterworks of course.
If you are talking about the crowns gear, it still isn't as powerful as waterworks. Waterworks gives universal resist, more damage boost, and pip chance or accuracy depending on your school.
Plus, waterworks gear is a lot easier to get.
We here at lvl ninth ty are still using waterworks gear as you can see.

To be honest, it's really no compteition.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Waterworks gear for Balance, especially at your level, is the best gear you can get. It has the best universal stats and many still use it through Azteca.

My level 84 Balance has farmed and crafted all the gear, to see the comparison to WW. Some of it comes close to WW gear, but there are stats you lose in the farmed and crafted gear that I'm not willing to give up, like pips, damage, critical block, some resistance, and healing. I have tried every combination possible, and the WW hat and robe come out on top, hands down. I do have a few pair of boots, all level 74+ that I switch around with, depending on what stats I want at the moment.

Also, having a good pet is great for Balance. If you can hatch and get Proof and Defy (both add to your universal resistance), it will help tremendously in the upper worlds.

I do keep several sets of gear in my backpack just in case I want to do different combinations. I have gear for fighting, and I have gear for playing support in battles.

Hope this helps!