Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lower level

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
SerberHerber on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
Everyone always underestimates low levels. I met a low level kid who was extremely kind. He had tons of treasure cards and was a big help. He healed us all, and used damage attacks. (treasure cards) I do see your point of view, for instance, the level 10 life kid entering your battle and just using imp and minor healing. Gets annoying.
Underestimating low level jumpers (strangers) is almost always a valid assumption. They are almost always there to leech off others. Some think because they can survive by playing defensively it proves they are good (entering battle after the initial high pip enemy attacks! Lol).

Those that lurk on the side then run out and jump know exactly what they are doing. Same with those that jump on dungeon sigils at the very last moment. They are not doing this to be your friend!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Players need to be able to allow or decline people's attempt to teleport to them.

Not much to be done about the circle jumpers who are already there, except maybe flee and leave them there to die.

Part of the reason a lot of dungeons and bosses don't allow friends to port in, is because of the noob problem. If you try to port to people in some dungeons it will rightfully tell you "buzz off this person is busy". As frustrating as that is to you if you just want your level 83 friend to help you, it's at least useful at keeping the freeloaders and very low lvls from getting you killed.

I would love it if they got rid of "that player is busy right now" and replaced it with a dialog box that pops up every time someone wants to port to you asking your permission to allow the teleport. Only mildly annoying - just make sure you can't accidentally "accept" a teleport request if the dialog comes up while you're typing in chat.

Maybe have it work like the trade request dialog box - a question mark appears off to the side of your HUD and a chime sounds.

Some dungeons and instances would still be quest/level-locked or solo only - spell quest, some special areas like ML and WW, xibalba, etc. Xibalba is so hard it's worth making it level-locked for say 84 and above, so your other high-level friends can port to you to help.

The only other suggestion is to have broad level restrictions for the different areas; maybe levels 60 and above for Az and level 50 and above for Av. This way if you really need help and your only friend online is level 60 he or she can still help you, at your own risk.

And yes sometimes you'll see a lvl 85 who has wrong gear, wrong spells, no skill or poor judgment. Sometimes you just gotta play it out and then remove them, and move on.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
i do think that is annoying even though i am low lvl. like when i want to go in a higher world, i will always ask my friends if i can port to them, or some of them ask me to port.
Caleb Hawlktalon lvl 16

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
I hate when lower lvls join your battle unwanted I wish they would like put a notice where you try to teleport to someone something comes up and says blank lvl blank is trying to teleport to you and you click yes and they teleport click no and it says friend doesn't want to be disturbed right now. so whenever if you guys want to this is my opinion it Is what I wish you guys/girls would.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Dr Von on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
yes, i find it annoying, because a low-level who joins your battle is assuming that you will sustain him.

a notice would be fantastic. like, if i'm fighting those ugly zombie things in azteca and someone tried to port, it'd get a message asking me to confirm or deny.

example: angela nightflame, level 22 pyromancer, wants to port to you~ allow?

click yes, it ports her into the fight.
click no, and she gets the "your friend is busy right now" message.

voila, instant fix... keeps unwanted porters out, but doesn't block our access to people who can actually help. makes perfect sense, yes?

-von
level 90 balance, 85 death, 64 storm, the rest.
Good idea! Low level ports are annoying, even in Dragonspyre. I think I had a level 11 port into Dragonspyre. And once I found a level 22 wandering around there, and I said Why are you here? I think he replied, Why shouldn't I be here? It was annoying!

Destiny Windgem, level 47

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
SerberHerber on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
Everyone always underestimates low levels. I met a low level kid who was extremely kind. He had tons of treasure cards and was a big help. He healed us all, and used damage attacks. (treasure cards) I do see your point of view, for instance, the level 10 life kid entering your battle and just using imp and minor healing. Gets annoying.
Are you kidding me! I don't know if I want to laugh or get mad. Ok.

Except when low levels come in, and use your feints and traps since in twin giants you need all your boosts to barely kill the boss. But seriously tc don't cut anything. Low levels being like oh oh I got this boss. Uses weak power nova, even when you have ra. Example, power nova is 450 and Ra is at least a thousand. I'm just like no no save your tc save your tc. Seriously ? another time the guy had like a hundred health left I could wand the wizard is just like oh I got this. Tc ninja pigs, waste you normal white pips. You don't even have mastery amulet and it is TC! Sorry for bad grammar.