Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

not fairly balanced

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 09, 2011
On balance, a -25% affects all of the multiple hit spells. On myth it affects only the first hit. On balance, the mana spell takes away pips, but the game still uses the pis that were taken away. Balance has no major spell and is treally unbalanced.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
maria0413 on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
On balance, a -25% affects all of the multiple hit spells. On myth it affects only the first hit. On balance, the mana spell takes away pips, but the game still uses the pis that were taken away. Balance has no major spell and is treally unbalanced.
hey, maria~

1) weakness

all charms affects the entire spell, not just the initial hit. wards (traps or shields, for example) affect the initial hit only.

for example, if you are wearing a spirit shield and myth casts a minotaur, the second hit will be at full strength because you're only wearing one shield. but if you are wearing 2 spirit shields, both hits will be at -50%. also, if myth has a feint on you, only the first hit will be boosted by 70%.

but

if myth casts minotaur while wearing a weakness charm, both hits will be reduced by 25%. just like if balance casts a hydra or fire casts fire elf with weakness on, all hits are reduced.

-

2) mana burn

this spell, like all of the avalon spells, was designed to even the playing-field in pvp. if you had enough pips at the start of the round, your opponent can still cast his spell (so the person in 2nd doesn't get completely shafted).

i hate this spell for multiple reasons, mostly that it has no practical purpose in pve combat, and think it's badly broken, but the pvp crowd will disagree.

-

3) balance being "unbalanced"

ironically, i'm on the fence here.

on one hand, any school can be powerful if the person playing it knows what she's doing; my balance wizard is, by balance standards, a complete tank~ her damage and resist are both higher than normal for balance, she can blade-stack like no one's business, and she only has a 3% chance of fizzling. i don't like balance all that much, but have learned to make do with what i have.

at the same time, balance lacks several crucial tools that the other schools have and, as a result, is reliant on off-school treasure cards from the beginning. there is nothing that benefits balance exclusively~ all of our buffs can be used by the other schools, and we don't have anything that's just ours (which would be nice, ki).

-

hope this helps, sort of.

-von
level 90 balance