Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Forums - Getting Logged Out

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
RE: Forums Logging me Out While Composing Message

I had a great idea that I formulated into a new post in the Dorms area of these forums. As I typed my idea just got better and better. Finally after a period of time (maybe 15 minutes? not sure) I thought I had it just right. I pressed the submit button and I get:

"OOPS! YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN...."

Oh come on!!! My post is lost. Unrecoverable. Okay so I guess I should have used an external editor and then copy/paste my message into your forums. But I didn't know my creative spirit was going to take over. And I certainly didn't realize I was going to get logged out while actively editing a message. While composing the message I never left the computer, I was actively typing/editing the whole time. Tick me off!

Suggestion: If sombody is composing a message and a time-out occours, allow them to re-login without losing their message. Keep the editor box open! Don't close it!

Administrator
All websites limit the amount of time you can be logged into them.
maybe 15 minutes? not sure

I'm sorry your post was deleted however 15 minutes is a reasonable time for our website to log you out, and that will not be changed.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks for the reply,

I understand the practicality of logging out after 15 min. But when it times out and you press the submit button, currently the text editor box gets removed from the display. It would be much better if the text editor box didn't get removed. Displaying a big "OOPS" is good, and of course the message for posting doesn't get submitted. But if the text editing box wasn't removed from display then someone can copy their message to clipboard, then re-login, and try again. Or if you allowed someone to re-login without closing the editor box. More user friendly.