Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feeding Pets Without Playing Minigames

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2012
As much fun as the pet training games are the first time, they do start to get a little tedious around the 200th time you have to play them. It's to the point where a lot of players report purposely failing the minigames just to be able to feed their pet.

To fix this, we should have an option to feed our pet snacks directly to our pets. Energy would still be used to feed the pet, but we wouldn't have to first play a minigame. It's a minor but very necessary change that I hope will be seriously considered.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
I agree. Perhaps it even costs LESS energy since youre not getting the bonus from the pet training minigame?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
SacredChargeBestLi... on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
As much fun as the pet training games are the first time, they do start to get a little tedious around the 200th time you have to play them. It's to the point where a lot of players report purposely failing the minigames just to be able to feed their pet.

To fix this, we should have an option to feed our pet snacks directly to our pets. Energy would still be used to feed the pet, but we wouldn't have to first play a minigame. It's a minor but very necessary change that I hope will be seriously considered.
yeah, we should. I know of very few people that actually enjoy the mini games. Most only play them because they have no choice, and of those, a large percentage just let the timer run then feed a snack.

I would very much love to see KI implement a feeding station item for our houses that would allow us to put a pet down near it, add some snacks to it, and then show an animation of a the pet eating the snacks.

Maybe pets could have a full counter, and when full, they'd refuse to eat any more snacks from the station for a while.

not only would it make it much nicer to train the pets, but it would give a way to interact with them at the house.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Make it cost less energy to train pets this way since I'll be missing out on the four extra points and I'm sold. If it still would cost the same amount of energy either way then I'd just continue to use the dance game tbh. That's the only game I use since I find it the quickest and I do actually play through it because it's much slower having to sit there and wait for the timer to count down on each round so i might as well take those extra four points.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I agree. The pet training games are boring and pointless. Right now I keep doing the dance game because it is so quick. But it is still boring. What is the point of spending over 60 seconds on the ghost game for 4 exp. Or the Way of the Ninja Pig for almost 120 seconds for 4 exp.

Why cant we just feed our pets the snacks? It would be 10 times quicker! (No hyperbole used LOL) I feel like this addition should be added to the game. It would make the whole idea of "pet training" a whole lot quicker. This would probably make people more happy so that they don't have to spend almost 10-15 minutes training their pets on some boring games.

Please add this to the game KI.

*Level 71
*Level 5

Survivor
Aug 17, 2012
Iridian010 on Jun 6, 2016 wrote:
Make it cost less energy to train pets this way since I'll be missing out on the four extra points and I'm sold. If it still would cost the same amount of energy either way then I'd just continue to use the dance game tbh. That's the only game I use since I find it the quickest and I do actually play through it because it's much slower having to sit there and wait for the timer to count down on each round so i might as well take those extra four points.
I don't think it should cost less energy, not even 1 less. The reason for that is those 4 points are only 10% of the experience gained from a Mega snack, and 10% less energy isn't even going to round down to a smaller number until Epic and Mega training.

That's why it would be optional; the people who would rather gain the 4 extra points can play minigames, and the people who want to save time can just directly feed their pet.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
What I do is, go to the dancing game and just fail every one.. that way it is fast and you can feed your pet.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Maybe if you have a pet equipped they get a snack after assisting you in battles? After a Boss fight or a certain number of mob fights as a reward? Could take some of the sting out of getting a pet to Ultra status.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2013
SacredChargeBestLi... on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:

Yes!! I love this idea - feeding pets the snacks and gaining xp without having to first play the minigames. Please Please Please let this happen. It is so exhausting to play the games, and frustrating when you spent the last 2 hours training a pet to epic and mega and it "fails" with an undesired talent.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I agree with this, but I don't think it should cost energy at all. That's like saying "walking your pet should cost energy!". It just doesn't make sense.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2015
There should be more options to train your pet, maybe instead of playing a game and using energy, there could be a 'cheat' and just use gold to skip the mini game and just feed the pet. Plus, there should be an option to feed more than one snack at a time, maybe two or three.

Brooke DragonHeart Level 62 An experience pet trainer with a tedious time training... especially trying for a 'Perfect' pet

Survivor
May 28, 2012
This needs to happen. I hate having to play a game every time I want to fed my pet. Woul i even be possible to feed more than one snack at a time?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
FireStudent19 on Jun 16, 2016 wrote:
This needs to happen. I hate having to play a game every time I want to fed my pet. Woul i even be possible to feed more than one snack at a time?
If you are in to the Pet Derby the Ranked Pet Derby lets you complete for a miniscule amount of tickets but you do get to feed your pet twice! (It's just sometimes a pain waiting for players to show up with you.)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I had a similar idea about Feeding Pets without Playing Minigames in my thread for A New Pet Pavilion Vendor. I think it would be very nice to introduce this topic into the game. I think the idea to feed pets snacks 2X for a bit of gold is a good idea.

In my view it would cost energy to feed snacks, but not gold. However, I'd be okay with most implementations except it to cost crowns, as we already use crowns for the mega-snacks. Just so long as I don't have to play the minigames if I don't want to and I can use my energy! (I feel like I waste it all the time, because I get bored with fishing, gardening and pet training easily) (Then the time when I do want to use it for fishing or gardening i'm out, but that's another story). Anyway, just my 2.5 cents.