Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-27-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday once again, and everyone knows what time it is...

Today, let's talk about spells! We recently added several new spells to the Arcanum for you to train with all of those extra training points you’ve earned. If you could take any treasure card (powerful class defining spells aside) and add it to your spell book through an Arcanum professor, what would it be?

Have a wonderful (and for some of us, long holiday) weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
The Minions from the Road Warriors Hoard Pack!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
School blades would be a nice addition, both for supporting roles and secondary school use. Level 35 "Thief of Spells" utility spells would be nice too.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I'd have to say Elucidate. I can't think of another more universally beneficial treasure card, that doesn't already have a trainable version, than that one.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hmm, I think it might be nice if Pierce and Cleanse Charm were added. Those would definitely be popular. I think that some of the spells that only come from an item might be useful. For example there are the various versions of items like Boreas Ifrit and Snowball Attack from Snowball pet. I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for but just ideas. Basically some of the utility spells might be nice, like blades or something.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Rebirth! I dream of the day when non-life wizards can use rebirth to heal their teammates. If I had a second option it would be the fire treant that hits all enemies and steal charms

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Certain pet spells would be cool to have as trainable spells, such as Fire Beetle, Icebird, Death Bat, etc.

It would also be interesting if we could train Wand Strike

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
In my Opinion, the Astral Arcanum professor should have the spells Elucidate and Simplify trainable. It should still not be a tc form spell, but it should(in my opinion) be trainable.
-No pvp, to cause fairness in the arena

Survivor
May 24, 2012
Hi, I think there should be a special trainer/teacher who's a "mercenary" or "recruiter" or something and only teaches minion-summoning spells. Spells like Mokompo, etc.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on May 27, 2016 wrote:
It's Friday once again, and everyone knows what time it is...

Today, let's talk about spells! We recently added several new spells to the Arcanum for you to train with all of those extra training points you’ve earned. If you could take any treasure card (powerful class defining spells aside) and add it to your spell book through an Arcanum professor, what would it be?

Have a wonderful (and for some of us, long holiday) weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
"Spirit Blast" for Balance Please!!!

Spirit Blast!!!!!!!!!!!

"Myth Imp" or "Chivalrous Centaur" for the school
"Storm Efreet" for
"Red Ghost" or "Death Ninja Pig" for
"Ice Bird" or "Frozen Kraken" for
"Lava Lord" for
"Giant Spider" or "Spirited Minotaur" for

If nothing else, please "spirit blast". I think we have been punished enough!

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
1. Unicorn

2. Rebirth

3. Tempest

4. Judgement

5. Deer Knight

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Mine would probably be Elucidate you guys should make it an actual spell for at least 3 training points!

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Hmm, not sure I know what you mean by powerful class defining spells - but Brown Spider would be nice. Its the Life spell that throws up the Life Damage Circle. Also, the Red Ghost which puts up the Death Damage Circle. Not sure why these spells are only available as treasure cards or pet cards for these two classes. All the other classes have this as a regular spell in their repertoire.

For a generic card that all classes can use, how about a Universal fuel spell card that puts up three 30% universal trap cards - similar to what the Mutate Phoenix spell does following its damage attack.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I would love to be able to train mutated spells. Lava Lord, the storm efreet, the Bonetree Lord (death forest lord), Tundra Lord (ice forest lord), balance efreet, ice efreet, just to name a few. Also, how about the life spell Potboiler? It's a 4 pip aoe for life that already exist in the game. I'm sure a lot of life wizards (myself included) would love to be able to train that spell.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
How about the crafted spells? Handsome Frimori, WInter Moon, Deer knight, Goat Monk, all those spells. After all, you have to be in the mid 90's to get to the professors, so its not like it would be terribly unbalancing the game by giving low levels access to them. And it does take quite a while for your wizard to get up to the arcanum. Why not allow wizards the chance to learn those powerful spells as a reward for having played through two whole storylines and continuing on forward.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2011
I like the idea of more of our secondary school spells being available but would like to see things like the enhancements for the spells available or maybe the blades so they would really be useful. Also gear that boosts up various combinations of schools to encourage it might be a good idea.

Alexander StormWeaver level 110 Storm

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
A lot of the utility spells currently available only on pets such as storm elf, brown spider, red ghost. Cards on jewels such as zeus Poseidon hades(decrease them to 8 pips)

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Good question!

• I think the suggestion for School Blades is excellent. Maybe even School Traps, too.
  • It would be nice if non-Life wizards could train Triage.
  • I imagine there are quite a few wizards who would like to train Balance's Elemental and Spirit Shields.
  • Possibly too school defining, but Ice's Steal Ward and maybe Fire's Steal Charm? If so, Disarm and Pierce?
  • Balance's Supernova?

This could be programming problematic, but if the Trainers gave a quest in order to get the spell, that would be fun, too. You go to the trainer, choose Triage, for example. In order to get it, even if you're Death, you have to go to Balfour and complete the quest the Life Wizards had to complete in order to get it? You'd still use your Training Point, but you'd have to do the quest, too. (Given that most of the spells are much lower level, the quest shouldn't be time-consuming or difficult, but would be appropriate to the huge new utility you're receiving.)

For the record, my Life Wizard would like to be able to train Sprite Swarm and Hamadryad.

Community Leader
I'm noticing lots of players asking for Elucidate and Simplify to be trainable. While this would be immensely useful in PvE combat, both spells are unhealthy for PvP.

A bit of history on the spells: They were trainable in the Celestia test realm, but KI removed them after lots of player feedback!

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
DarkmanetheWandere... on May 28, 2016 wrote:
How about the crafted spells? Handsome Frimori, WInter Moon, Deer knight, Goat Monk, all those spells. After all, you have to be in the mid 90's to get to the professors, so its not like it would be terribly unbalancing the game by giving low levels access to them. And it does take quite a while for your wizard to get up to the arcanum. Why not allow wizards the chance to learn those powerful spells as a reward for having played through two whole storylines and continuing on forward.
It's a good idea, but the Loremaster is farmable way earlier.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Swven on May 28, 2016 wrote:
1. Unicorn

2. Rebirth

3. Tempest

4. Judgement

5. Deer Knight
Dream on

Survivor
Jan 14, 2011
Unicorn. I understand that Rebirth is a spell unique to Life wizards and that as one of two and the most powerful healing AOE it should remain exclusive to Theurgists to maintain their niche as the healers of Wizard101. However, giving other schools access to Unicorn would allow non-Theurgists to function as a healer for dungeon parties.

My own Balance wizard has played the role of healer for parties doing the Graveyard dungeon in Darkmoor with great effect but has always been forced to rely on Treasure Cards for the majority of the time. Using this method can get very expensive. Having Unicorn become trainable would greatly alleviate the burden of other non-Theurgists who function as healers without destroying the uniqueness of the Life school.