Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear Vault

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
I was very disappointed to craft a gear vault and find it couldn't be traded. I had thought that it was no trade because I had no trade items in it, but turns out the gear vault itself is no trade.

The seed vault is no trade, so by logical extension shouldn't the gear vault be?

I recently made a new ice character, so I was going to load all the gear I've been saving for her on my other wizards into the gear vault, so that I only had to pass the one item in between them, instead of clicking move for 70+ different items into and out of the shared bank.

Anyway, really hoping this is bug, because I've been really thrilled with the update so far...

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Because some gear can be No Trade, it was preferable to us to set the Vault to be No Trade to avoid any issues with bypassing the No Trade restriction on certain pieces of gear.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Dworgyn on May 16, 2016 wrote:
Because some gear can be No Trade, it was preferable to us to set the Vault to be No Trade to avoid any issues with bypassing the No Trade restriction on certain pieces of gear.
Dworgyn,
Do you think this could change in the future? A notice could be posted and say you must empty the vault before placing it in the shared bank. Similar to the items with jewels on them cannot go in the shred bank until you remove them. Also like houses cannot go in the shred bank until you remove no trade items, pets, mounts etc.