Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Release Your Inner Wizard!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
What if you had a lot of locked power inside your wizard? What if you had a way to release it?
My idea is to introduce Inner School Spirits into this game!

The rewards here are very powerful, so the quest should be Extremely hard to finish

Every school would have a very powerful spirit powering it's school's magic. It can grant any wizard from it's school the power to summon it for help, but only if that wizard has passed an epic trial!

Once you are granted access to the Arcanum, your new school teacher would have a quest for you:
You will first need to craft a portal to the realm your school spirit resides at. To craft it you will need the following items:
  • 5 Eternity Wood Pieces - you will get it as a possible drop from any golden key boss.
  • Mote of Wisdom
  • Mote of Beauty
  • Mote of Severity
  • Mote of Eternity
  • Enchanted School Gem - You will need to first craft a school gem using 500 Perfect crafting gems matching your school (Ruby for fire, Emerald for Life, Etc.) and then crafting it into an Enchanted school gem with a Mote of Transport

You will need to place the portal in your house to get in. After you do, you will need to prove your worth by defeating your school's spirit. The Spirit will cheat in ways that target the weaknesses of your school (Fizzle charms and Enfeebles for storm for example)

once you do, you will be granted a special may cast ability that will summon your school spirit to aid you in your battle! When you summon the spirit, it will reside in you for the rest of the battle doing 2 things:
  • Transforming your appearance (For example a fire wizard will transform into a half wizard half dragon)
  • Adding 35% to all your school related stats for the rest of the battle!

You will also get a permanent glow matching your school color when you simply roam the spiral so everyone can see you have unlocked your inner power!

Once You have completed your trial, the portal will become the first crafted gauntlet in the game! each school will get a gauntlet of it's own, differing in the final boss and it's rewards. You and your friends will be able to use the gauntlet to get new school furniture, gems, pets and stitching gear!

So , what do you guys think? You are welcome to expand this idea with your own suggestions!

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Ian Dragonpyre on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
What if you had a lot of locked power inside your wizard? What if you had a way to release it?

The rewards here are very powerful, so the quest should be Extremely hard to finish

Every school would have a very powerful spirit powering it's school's magic. It can grant any wizard from it's school the power to summon it for help, but only if that wizard has passed an epic trial!

Once you are granted access to the Arcanum, your new school teacher would have a quest for you:
You will first need to craft a portal to the realm your school spirit resides at. To craft it you will need the following items:
  • 5 Eternity Wood Pieces - you will get it as a possible drop from any golden key boss.
  • Mote of Wisdom
  • Mote of Beauty
  • Mote of Severity
  • Mote of Eternity
  • Enchanted School Gem - You will need to first craft a school gem using 500 Perfect crafting gems matching your school (Ruby for fire, Emerald for Life, Etc.) and then crafting it into an Enchanted school gem with a Mote of Transport

You will need to place the portal in your house to get in. After you do, you will need to prove your worth by defeating your school's spirit. The Spirit will cheat in ways that target the weaknesses of your school (Fizzle charms and Enfeebles for storm for example)

once you do, you will be granted a special may cast ability that will summon your school spirit to aid you in your battle! When you summon the spirit, it will reside in you for the rest of the battle doing 2 things:
  • Transforming your appearance (For example a fire wizard will transform into a half wizard half dragon)

You will also get a permanent glow matching your school color when you simply roam the spiral so everyone can see you have unlocked your inner power!

Once You have completed your trial, the portal will become the first crafted gauntlet in the game! each school will get a gauntlet of it's own, differing in the final boss and it's rewards. You and your friends will be able to use the gauntlet to get new school furniture, gems, pets and stitching gear!

So , what do you guys think? You are welcome to expand this idea with your own suggestions!
The life school gem isn't emerald (although I wish it was because I love emeralds) it is in fact jade.

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013

• Mote of Wisdom
  • Mote of Beauty
  • Mote of Severity
  • Mote of Eternity

Cool idea! I'd love to see how each school would look during the transformations.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012

• Mote of Wisdom
  • Mote of Beauty
  • Mote of Severity
  • Mote of Eternity

Sounds like a fun idea. I imagine this ability is like Dante's devil trigger from Devil May Cry?

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
rusher2828 on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
Sounds like a fun idea. I imagine this ability is like Dante's devil trigger from Devil May Cry?
I think so, I haven't played that game in a long time. It's like a power you have inside you and you need to unlock in order to be able to use it. (which is also may cast so cannot be abused)

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015

• Mote of Wisdom
  • Mote of Beauty
  • Mote of Severity
  • Mote of Eternity

Considering how hard it is to get it would need to be much more powerful.

Also maybe instead of transforming you, it could be summoned as a minion, and as long as it was alive, it could boost your stats. That would be cool.

Survivor
May 31, 2014
This idea is amazing!
I highly agree with it, but maybe it would be better if it wasn't so hard to do.
Anyways, I hope KingsIsle views this. It would be so worth it.
Yay!

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
LondonEye111 on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
This idea is amazing!
I highly agree with it, but maybe it would be better if it wasn't so hard to do.
Anyways, I hope KingsIsle views this. It would be so worth it.
Yay!
I'm glad you like my idea :) I hope KI will implement something like that.

I think the rewards are too good to make it easy to achieve. I actually thought about even adding gardening to this.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2016
the awesome pyroma... on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
The life school gem isn't emerald (although I wish it was because I love emeralds) it is in fact jade.
Nephrite Jade, in fact.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2016
Ian Dragonpyre on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
I'm glad you like my idea :) I hope KI will implement something like that.

I think the rewards are too good to make it easy to achieve. I actually thought about even adding gardening to this.
The rewards are too good? They're not particularly good. A glow for your character wont benefit you that much, it's more for the cosmetic side of this. Anyways, if you want some spirit to assist you, hire an individual in the crown shop.

I think the most beneficial part of your idea would be that you get 35% added to all school statistics in battle. In addition to this, only your primary school spells should receive this, or else it would be too powerful.

You don't want an omnipotent player in the game, do you?

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
Pseunition on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
The rewards are too good? They're not particularly good. A glow for your character wont benefit you that much, it's more for the cosmetic side of this. Anyways, if you want some spirit to assist you, hire an individual in the crown shop.

I think the most beneficial part of your idea would be that you get 35% added to all school statistics in battle. In addition to this, only your primary school spells should receive this, or else it would be too powerful.

You don't want an omnipotent player in the game, do you?
I think you didn't fully understood the idea, So I will explain more:

First of all, the cosmetic effect is a bonus, to expand your sense of achievement, nothing more.

Second, The spirit is not part of the battle (It does not cast spells) and does not act as a minion!

Third, as you said, it's +35% to your school stats. meaning, if you are an ice wizard, using a death spell won't be buffed. To explain more, if you are a wizard the following stats would change in the following manner:
+100% attack -> +135% Attack
+45% Defense -> +45% Defense (It's NOT your school so no change)
+15% Accuracy -> +21% Accuracy (rounded up from 20.25%)
+400 Critical Rating -> +540 Critical Rating
80% Power Pip Chance -> 80% Power Pip Chance (It's NOT a school specific stat, so no change)

As you can see, It does not effect stats that are not school related. Also, the buff improves with your stats while keeping it proportional to them.

In addition, You get as a reward a Gauntlet! (That you can use to farm for more loot)

I think that the +35% buff alone is a really powerful buff, hence the difficulty I suggested (I even think it should be even harder by the way).

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
AvatarKitten on May 3, 2016 wrote:
Interesting idea

Victoria Fairyheart
I'm glad you liked it

Hero
May 07, 2015
nice idea but if this was in game I would like it to be level 90+ so it will help with hades as well AND could you make the quest not as hard please?

Miranda jade song/Katie taylor
level 91 wizard/level 7 witchdoctor

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
sun girl1122 on May 16, 2016 wrote:
nice idea but if this was in game I would like it to be level 90+ so it will help with hades as well AND could you make the quest not as hard please?

Miranda jade song/Katie taylor
level 91 wizard/level 7 witchdoctor
I'm glad you liked my idea. In the end, It's only a suggestion. If KI will decide to implement this idea, the actual specifics will be decided by them.
So It's not set in stone

Hero
May 07, 2015
Ian Dragonpyre on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
I'm glad you liked my idea. In the end, It's only a suggestion. If KI will decide to implement this idea, the actual specifics will be decided by them.
So It's not set in stone
oh ok

Survivor
Jul 20, 2011
In my opinion, I think that you should get a school badge for completing this. Something like: Summoner of (Enter School Here) or something more creative then that.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
Cole Stormbright on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
In my opinion, I think that you should get a school badge for completing this. Something like: Summoner of (Enter School Here) or something more creative then that.
That's a good idea, I like it