Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
These are for higher levels, obviously. Currently they are based on NPCs but they don't have to be.

:
  • Arthur Wethersfield: Deals x Ice , Death and Myth damage twice and converts half to healing .
  • Alhazred: Damage over time that deals a total of x damage. X Life damage one round, x Storm damage the next, and x Fire damage the last.
  • Stampede: A cowboy whistles then hops onto a tree. A stampede comes and deals x amount of damage to all enemies. I thought this would be a pretty cool spell idea. Or, instead of hopping onto a tree to avoid the stampede, it could go around him, whichever is easiest to code. He could even teleport away or jump into the sky. There are lots of ways. Or there could be no cowboy.
  • Impale: A sword flies from the sky and stabs each enemy, dealing x amount of damage (probably not a lot). Then it gives a bunch of debuffs, like black mantle and weakness to all enemies.

:
  • Malistaire: Deals x amount of damage to all enemies and converts half to healing for random ally (if soloing, he'll just heal you).
  • Morganthe: Take a percentage (for example 40%) of all allies' health (including caster's) and converts it to damage for one enemy. Sharpen Blade may be used to enhance this. Blades will not increase health taken but the damage the converted health does.
  • Malorn Ashthorn: Deals 600 damage to gain +30% Balance Blade and 3 pips. Heals ally for 600 .
  • Dworgyn: Attack all enemies for x damage and beguile them.

I will post more when ready. In the mean time what do you think of my ideas?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Balance might as well get Solar Blade, Moon Blade, Solar Trap, Moon Trap, Solar Shield, and Moon Shield too. These can be added to Niles.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
:

Lydia Greyrose: Heals all allies for x health and gives all wizards a Tower Over Time which means every round for three rounds a tower shield will be generated. This introduces a neat new concept and gives Ice a healing spell.

Ymir: Attacks all enemies for x damage then stuns all enemies for three rounds.

Brotherhood: Nordri, Austri, Sudri and Vestri appear. They will attack random enemies each dealing x damage. 50% (or less if need be) of the damage they dealt will create an absorb for the caster. For example, if they dealt 1000 damage, the caster will get an absorb 500 because 500 is 50% of the damage dealt, 1000.

Kung Fu Panda: Slaps all enemies with bamboo, each dealing x damage. Steals all the defenses of the enemies and gives them to the caster.

The Great Wall: -10% per pip to next damage spell for self only.

:

Dalia Falmea: -50% accuracy to all enemies and gives permanent damage over time dealing x damage each round.

The Dragon Titan: This spell deals x damage but first it gives a prism to the enemy it is about to attack. The prism converts Fire damage to the school the enemy is weak to. Then it attacks that enemy.

Volcano: When the volcano explodes, the fire on the side of the wizards heals the wizards for x health and the fire on the side of the enemies attacks the enemies dealing x damage. Like Power Link but for all enemies, and it isn't over time.

Gold Heaps: A room full of gold appears and it starts to shake. The gold gets on all the enemies dealing x damage to each.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I am currently a level 73 and i feel terrible problems facing balance boss cause they got balance resist and both elemental and spirit shields.

so i was thinking about new spell like this

Alhazard : spiral prism : convert damage into random school damage.

Alhazard : power balance: put a 80% on yourself and a 100% balance pierce.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
:

Transmogrify: An idea to make the moon school ten times more useful than it already is. This is basically you polymorphing the enemy. It can either be a moon enchantment where you enchant a polymorph to polymorph the enemy instead of yourself, or there could be spell versions of the polymorphs that polymorph the enemy.

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
shubh72 on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
I am currently a level 73 and i feel terrible problems facing balance boss cause they got balance resist and both elemental and spirit shields.

so i was thinking about new spell like this

Alhazard : spiral prism : convert damage into random school damage.

Alhazard : power balance: put a 80% on yourself and a 100% balance pierce.
The balance prism is a good idea! It adds an element of risk to casting it by randomizing the school it converts to. Perhaps it could become available at level 100, maybe in the Arcanum.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
:

NPC Minion: Summons a random NPC as a minion . Obviously it would only be important NPCs- I don't imagine Mindie Pixiecrown getting a minion .

Cyrus Drake: Shatters all defenses and blades and attacks one enemy dealing x damage. A minion will be summoned - but it's health will be determined by how much damage Cyrus Drake dealt. For example, if Cyrus Drake dealt 1000 damage, the minion would have 1000 health . It could be a Cyrus Drake minion , but it doesn't have to be.

Stun Block: This should become an actual spell. It would be useful. I know there is one that blocks two stuns, but there should be one that blocks one to save pips.

Stun Trap: This adds one round onto an existing or non-existing stun, and cannot be stacked.

:

Sylvia Drake: This heals you a percentage (for example 40%) of your health. This can heal others preferably.

Moolinda Wu: This heals you a percentage (for example 40%) of all the damage you've been dealt. This can heal others preferably.

Dove: This heals you a percentage (for example 40%) of all the damage you've dealt. This can heal others preferably.

There might need to be some switcheroo here, I don't know.

Forest Wanderer: An old man (or a creature) restores everyone's mana by x.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Oh to follow up to the Forest Wanderer...what if instead of it costing mana to cast, it cost health?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
:

Sunlight: This heals you a percentage (for example 40%) of the health you've restored. Let's say you healed someone for 400, another someone for 800, and everyone for 1000. You would've healed 2200 total. If the percentage was 40% you'd get healed by 880, since this is 40% of 2200.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fable Finder on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
:

Sunlight: This heals you a percentage (for example 40%) of the health you've restored. Let's say you healed someone for 400, another someone for 800, and everyone for 1000. You would've healed 2200 total. If the percentage was 40% you'd get healed by 880, since this is 40% of 2200.
Actually, this is wrong, let me reiterate.

If there were three people in the battle, you would've healed 4200 total. If the percentage was 40% you'd get healed by 1680, since this is 40% of 4200.

You know the rest

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
:

Rebound: If this aura is cast on you, any attack cast on you will instead attack the enemy. This lasts for one round.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
Make a better attack spell enchant that gives you +300 more to a attack spell.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
For the Dragon Titan, to make it easier to program, it could add a +80% trap which is the usual boost instead of a prism.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
:

Karma: I imagine this adding something that floats around the enemy. It could be spherical or look more like DoT but that doesn't matter. Basically what it does is whenever an enemy attacks you, a percentage (for example 40%) of the damage the enemy dealt to you is dealt to the enemy. For example, if the enemy dealt you 1000 damage, the enemy would be dealt 400 damage, since it is 40% of 1000. This could last maybe 3 rounds.

Jekyll and Hyde: An ugly-looking, evil man (Mr. Hyde) deals x damage to an enemy. Then, the man turns normal looking (Dr. Jekyll) and heals the death wizard for a percentage of the damage.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
:

Pippi Longstocking: Pippi will deal x damage to a single enemy and steal x pips from them.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
:

Whirlpool: A huge whirlpool sucks up all the negative wards and negative charms all allies have. They disappear in the whirlpool. Soon enough, the whirlpool spits them out and they go to one enemy. The negative wards have been converted to equivalent Storm Traps (for example: a +30% Ice Trap would turn into a +30% Storm Trap). The negative charms have simply been given to the enemy. Then, the whirlpool sucks up all the positive charms and positive wards all enemies have. They disappear in the whirlpool. Soon enough, the whirlpool spits them out and they go to the caster. The positive charms have been converted to equivalent Stormblades (for example: a +35% Fireblade would turn into a +35% Stormblade). The positive wards have simply been given to the caster.

Loch Ness Monster: I can't believe this has yet to be a spell. This needs to be made as soon as possible.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Universal Spells (Like how the Elemental Blades are universal)

Convert Blade: This spell simply converts a random blade you have on you into a universal Balanceblade. It won't change the value; a +70% Supercharge would simply convert into a universal +70% Balanceblade. You know when you get those three Elemental/Spiritual Blades and only one is useful? Worry no more, now you can use them all!

Convert Shield: This spell simply converts a random shield you have on you into a universal Tower Shield. It won't change the value; a -80% Storm Shield would simply convert into a universal -80% Tower Shield. Did you use a shield that is useless because the enemies don't use that element? Worry no more, now you can make use of that shield!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
:

Halston Balestrom: Deals x damage and adds an additional x damage the more pips you use over the current pip cost. For example if it deals 500 damage for 4 pips, it increases by 100 damage every pip over, and you cast it with 10 pips, it will deal 1100 damage.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Restriction Spells (RS) and Limitation Spells (LS)

Evaporate: RS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they cannot use any Storm spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.
Rainy Day: LS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they can only use Storm spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.

Douse: RS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they cannot use any Fire spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.
Spitfire: LS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they can only use Fire spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.

Defrost: RS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they cannot use any Ice spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.

Glaciate: LS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they can only use Ice spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.

Wilt: RS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they cannot use any Life spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.

Sprout: LS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they can only use Life spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.

Bury: RS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they cannot use any Death spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.
Mummify: LS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they can only use Death spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.

Objectify: RS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they cannot use any Myth spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.

Mystify: LS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they can only use Myth spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.

Encumber: RS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they cannot use any Balance spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.
Stabilize: LS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they can only use Balance spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fable Finder on Apr 3, 2016 wrote:
:

Transmogrify: An idea to make the moon school ten times more useful than it already is. This is basically you polymorphing the enemy. It can either be a moon enchantment where you enchant a polymorph to polymorph the enemy instead of yourself, or there could be spell versions of the polymorphs that polymorph the enemy.
I am thinking, if you defeat a boss or enemy in this form, it will go back to its normal form, unhealed. So, if the boss had 10000 health, and was converted into a polymorph with 2000 health, and you dealt him 2000 damage, he would revert back to his normal form with 8000 health.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Additional Restriction Spells (RS) and Limitation Spells (LS)

/ Blackout: RS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they cannot use any Astral spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds. This could be an Astral spell or a universal Balance spell.

/ Illuminate: RS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they cannot use any Shadow spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts three rounds. This could be a Shadow spell or a universal Balance spell.

/ Sky Chaos: LS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they can only use Astral spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts one round. This could be an Astral spell or a universal Balance spell.

/ Becloud: LS. If this spell is cast on somebody, they can only use Shadow spells. It looks like a DoT and only lasts one round. This could be a Shadow spell or a universal Balance spell.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fable Finder on Sep 14, 2016 wrote:
I am thinking, if you defeat a boss or enemy in this form, it will go back to its normal form, unhealed. So, if the boss had 10000 health, and was converted into a polymorph with 2000 health, and you dealt him 2000 damage, he would revert back to his normal form with 8000 health.
This would make Transmogrify much more fair and get rid of its OPness. It would be similar to the Restriction/Limitation spells.

Hero
May 07, 2015
fable, these spells ARE AMAZING!!!!! I love all of them!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
sun girl1122 on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
fable, these spells ARE AMAZING!!!!! I love all of them!
Thank you!