Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New mount ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
I got an idea for some new mounts. There are seven in total, one for each school. They are socks which boost your run speed by 40%, while providing a new sprinting animation.

The socks are invisible while worn, much like rings or athames. You can only tell if someone is using a mount at all when they sprint. The socks of ice would create little snow flakes in your path, which would quickly disappear. The Animaton is an ice skating like animation.

The animations for the other schools are a rapid sprinting animation. The only difference between each school are the effects spawned in your path. Storm socks would spawn splashes of water after every step. Balance socks would kick up dirt or sand. Life would kick up leaves. Fire socks would leave a thin trail of flames.

Just an idea, please leave your feedback

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
That's a really neat idea! I'd love to be able to have something like that. Also, when you are decorating your house, you can quickly run through it and decorate with a huge bulky mount blocking everything. This is a really good idea!

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
The Mad Marleyboni... on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
I got an idea for some new mounts. There are seven in total, one for each school. They are socks which boost your run speed by 40%, while providing a new sprinting animation.

The socks are invisible while worn, much like rings or athames. You can only tell if someone is using a mount at all when they sprint. The socks of ice would create little snow flakes in your path, which would quickly disappear. The Animaton is an ice skating like animation.

The animations for the other schools are a rapid sprinting animation. The only difference between each school are the effects spawned in your path. Storm socks would spawn splashes of water after every step. Balance socks would kick up dirt or sand. Life would kick up leaves. Fire socks would leave a thin trail of flames.

I like this idea, kind of like the idea of having a trail behind you as you roam the spiral... although creating "socks" i'm not sure about because if would either need a new clothing slot or take the spot of boots. I think this idea would be better as a jewel that can be socket-ed to and existing mount?

Brandon LifeRunner

Survivor
Feb 01, 2016
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
I like the idea, but I think, like any mount, you should be able to see them while they're being used. Each pair of socks would just be the main color of the school they're representing, like the clouds. Also, I dont think it would be a bad idea if the mounts were school-specific.(Ex: myth characters can only use myth socks)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2011
Maybe it could give 3 School specific damage as well but not a socks, Maybe Haste spell with school aura.

Fire trail, Ice trail, Cloud trail, Leaves trail, sand trail, Light trail, Bats trail.

That could be cool. Perhaps a shadow version as well.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Well, I did come up with one mount idea on DeviantART. It was a large, vampire bat.

I called it the Darkmoor Vampire Bat. It has basic +40% speed, and would fly like the owl mounts.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Devin HexCaster on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
Well, I did come up with one mount idea on DeviantART. It was a large, vampire bat.

I called it the Darkmoor Vampire Bat. It has basic +40% speed, and would fly like the owl mounts.
Ooo neat! Can you put the link here?

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
Brandon LifeRunner on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:
I like this idea, kind of like the idea of having a trail behind you as you roam the spiral... although creating "socks" i'm not sure about because if would either need a new clothing slot or take the spot of boots. I think this idea would be better as a jewel that can be socket-ed to and existing mount?

Brandon LifeRunner
actually, they would take the place of mounts

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Brandon LifeRunner on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:

Brandon LifeRunner
i would pay to unlock that slot

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
The Mad Marleyboni... on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
actually, they would take the place of mounts
Taking the place of mounts? Now while I like the idea of socks, I don't like the idea of mounts being eliminated in favor of these. If this were to happen, crown prices would have to be cut in half, it would be a major disappointment considering how popular mounts are, and they'd need to implement something else in order to motivate users to buy more crowns, since without mounts users could buy more with less. This update could've been implemented during beta, but now it's too late to get rid of mounts completely without it backfiring really badly.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Nice idea, now if only we had another stat "joke" mount, maybe a special item card that has a specific animation?

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015
The Mad Marleyboni... on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:

Great idea!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
For a mount idea of which I have several. My favorite being the gear, similar to the tangle vine. There would be a gear ( as in a clock gear) rolling under you while you balance on top. For April fools day maybe the same concept but a penny instead. There also should be new school specific mounts. Myth should get the earthquake where the earth rises up under you sort of like in a cartoon where there is a mole underground and you can see it's trail above ground. For storm there should be a tempest mount (simply just a wave). For life there should be a centaur mount. Death should have a cauldron mount, similar to the gear and coin it would roll under you. when you stop running it's idle movement would be to flip over and fill up with a green witches brew. Fire should have a raging bull mount. Ice with a wooden sled mount where the ground under you and around you would cover with snow. Balance would have a mount like the judgement, it would give you a set of wings and you would hold the two swords. All of these mounts would be given by your according pigs wick academy teacher. There would be a quest to defeat your own teacher and your reward would be the mount each with a bonus of one shadow pip at the start of a battle and a spell card that corresponds to your mount. All of the spells would be 3 pips and one shadow pip and cast a~500 damage aoe and additional effect such as a stun or weakness depending on the school. Another cool mount idea is a chameleon mount that when still blends into your surroundings while you sit on top visible( eyes will also be visible). Another idea of a mount could be a cobra mount that you ride the back of, it would give a 2% power pip bonus. Another idea is similar to the round sleds "if you know what I'm trying to describe." But instead would be a tower shield that you sled on. It would give a bonus of 3%universal resistance. Reply if you have suggestions for these :)

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
aquil77v on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
For a mount idea of which I have several. My favorite being the gear, similar to the tangle vine. There would be a gear ( as in a clock gear) rolling under you while you balance on top. For April fools day maybe the same concept but a penny instead. There also should be new school specific mounts. Myth should get the earthquake where the earth rises up under you sort of like in a cartoon where there is a mole underground and you can see it's trail above ground. For storm there should be a tempest mount (simply just a wave). For life there should be a centaur mount. Death should have a cauldron mount, similar to the gear and coin it would roll under you. when you stop running it's idle movement would be to flip over and fill up with a green witches brew. Fire should have a raging bull mount. Ice with a wooden sled mount where the ground under you and around you would cover with snow. Balance would have a mount like the judgement, it would give you a set of wings and you would hold the two swords. All of these mounts would be given by your according pigs wick academy teacher. There would be a quest to defeat your own teacher and your reward would be the mount each with a bonus of one shadow pip at the start of a battle and a spell card that corresponds to your mount. All of the spells would be 3 pips and one shadow pip and cast a~500 damage aoe and additional effect such as a stun or weakness depending on the school. Another cool mount idea is a chameleon mount that when still blends into your surroundings while you sit on top visible( eyes will also be visible). Another idea of a mount could be a cobra mount that you ride the back of, it would give a 2% power pip bonus. Another idea is similar to the round sleds "if you know what I'm trying to describe." But instead would be a tower shield that you sled on. It would give a bonus of 3%universal resistance. Reply if you have suggestions for these :)
Cool ideas, but some would be really hard to implement. There are school-specific mounts you can craft in Aquila though.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
Fable Finder on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
Taking the place of mounts? Now while I like the idea of socks, I don't like the idea of mounts being eliminated in favor of these. If this were to happen, crown prices would have to be cut in half, it would be a major disappointment considering how popular mounts are, and they'd need to implement something else in order to motivate users to buy more crowns, since without mounts users could buy more with less. This update could've been implemented during beta, but now it's too late to get rid of mounts completely without it backfiring really badly.
no, the socks ARE mounts