Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Log

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Hello Wizards, this idea came to me while trying to acquire the spell Sir Bedevere (Life Minion). For those of you that don't know, Life wizards can acquire this spell at level 75 by completing side quests. This is where the confusion comes in.

Without getting into too much detail, to start this side quest you need to have done a whole chain of side quests from Grizzleheim and Wintertusk. Unfortunately, there's no way to determine which quests you have completed unless you are going based off memory, and if you are like me, my brain is like a goldfish.

My idea is to incorporate a quest log where players can search all available quests and have them sorted by:
  • Not Started
  • in-Progress
  • Complete

This would be a tremendous help when figuring out where exactly we are (when it comes to questing).

Brandon LifeRunner

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
Brandon LifeRunner on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
Hello Wizards, this idea came to me while trying to acquire the spell Sir Bedevere (Life Minion). For those of you that don't know, Life wizards can acquire this spell at level 75 by completing side quests. This is where the confusion comes in.

Without getting into too much detail, to start this side quest you need to have done a whole chain of side quests from Grizzleheim and Wintertusk. Unfortunately, there's no way to determine which quests you have completed unless you are going based off memory, and if you are like me, my brain is like a goldfish.

My idea is to incorporate a quest log where players can search all available quests and have them sorted by:
  • Not Started
  • in-Progress
  • Complete

This would be a tremendous help when figuring out where exactly we are (when it comes to questing).

Brandon LifeRunner
I really like this idea. I have not thought about this idea before

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015

• Not Started
  • in-Progress
  • Complete

Brandon LifeRunner
Yes, very good and useful idea.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015

• Not Started
  • in-Progress
  • Complete

Brandon LifeRunner
Great idea!

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
This is a really great idea, it could be like a "journal." There could be a section for each world of the spiral, and than a general section for all quests.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
georgeaw10tom on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
This is a really great idea, it could be like a "journal." There could be a section for each world of the spiral, and than a general section for all quests.
I love this part of the idea.

The beginning entry confused me a bit - but maybe I'm just confused. I thought that the quest in our books changed every completed step. So you have to go to the wiki look up a quest goal and then trace the pre-quest entries backward till you get to something that's actually in your book at the moment. So I don't know how useful it would be to sort the quests with those particular notes. (And completed quests disappear.)
  • Not Started
  • in-Progress
  • Complete
But I do wish I had sorting abilities.

• Side Quest - required
  • Side Quest - optional
  • Story Line Quest/ Main Quest
  • School Quest
  • Spell /Minion Quest
And I wish the default sort was by world and then in the order the quest giver is encountered IF you are following the Mainline from the World Gate. (Whether that's the order YOU picked the quests up in or not.)