Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-11-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! Once again it’s Friday, and you know what that means!

Today, let’s talk about games. Maybe, let’s focus on the smaller ones, the ones we might call… mini. Have you ever been questing in the Spiral and we had the narrator tell you that you won a game of chess or skill, and you wished it would have played out more like a minigame? What types of questing minigames or puzzles do you think would be fun in Wizard101? Have any great examples you’d like to share, let us know!

Have a wonderful Friday and fantastic weekend all!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
chess
checkers
backgammon
yatzi
candy land/shoots and ladders
old maid
go fish
uno
that hide the peanut cup/shell game
spin the wheel and you click on a stopper to stop the wheel
Simon says - the pattern matching light game

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
Honestly, the only thing I could think would be fun is a deciphering a code kind of mini-game.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2014
I would love a daily reward system, it would also increase the play of older wizards.
once a day you can spin a wheel with 10 to 20 prizes.
you could also give players a chance to pay "x" crowns to get more spins.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Hide and seek, it could be a housing game where you and your friends turn into ninja pigs and hide from a minotaur, and when the minotaur touches a ninja pig, they become a spectator, invisible to all but other spectator, and the game ends when either a time limit ends or all the pigs are caught

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I like the idea of chess, checkers, and tic-tac-toe, as they all ready exist as housing items. It would be fun if we could actually play them, whether throughout the Spiral or in the comfort of my own home.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Yes, I would love it if we could actually play these games against the NPC's, or at the very least have an option to either play it ourselves or have the narrator do it for us instead. I think that'd be a fair compromise I would say.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I dont think minigames should be required for quests, they would make the game too irregular. But I would like to see logic puzzles like "Lights Out" as some of those things in dungeons that make you fight a boss if you fail.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Memory, Guess who, solitaire, which thing is different, maze, mastermind, name that tune, deal or no deal, Plinko (from The Price is Right)

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
I wish whenever you go through some kind of maze, you have to actually navigate your way through a maze before making it through. Also, it would be kind of cool if whenever you were "chased" by something (skeletal pirates, kroks, ghosts, soldiers, etc.), you actually had to run away from it without being caught in sort of a chase mini game.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
instead of just one mini game...

...how about an entire carnival or penny arcade area, room, or house bundle; come on, you know it'll be lots of fun!

If I'm limited to only mini games, then here are some ideas:
  • skeet pet (skeet ball)
  • whack-a-pet (whack-a-mole)
  • Pet darts (pets are thrown instead of darts)
  • Pet Pillow Fight (come on, who doesn't want to see pets pillow fight another pet)
  • Pet Chicken Fight - its silly good fun to see pets on the shoulders of anything, attempting to push another chicken fighter in water, on ice, surrounded by fire, in mud, etc...
  • Pet Arm Wrestling (or would that be paws, wings and talons wrestling)
  • Pet Balloon catch or fight (pets either have to catch or throw water balloons)
  • Pet Snowball fight
  • Pet Pumpkin Launch and Smash (pet sits in a hallowed out pumpkin that you catapult and attempt to land on a series of target spread out over a large field
  • Pet Battleship (pets on a ship, have to sink a ship or ships before they're hit one too many times and sink themselves)
  • Pet Badminton
  • Pet Assembly Line (pets work the assembly line (has to create and serve a food or beverage, or keep taking objects off the assembly line, and place them in containers)
  • Puzzle Game (has to restore a picture to its original image of the pet, a teacher, any character or snapshot of a location in the game, the image possibilities are limitless)
There are just way too many amazing games our pets can play; when you stop and think about it, now!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Helenie Nightseer on Mar 11, 2016 wrote:
chess
checkers
backgammon
yatzi
old maid
go fish
uno
Yes to all of those!

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
chess
checkers
backgammon
yatzi
old maid
go fish
uno
I wouldn't want to have to win a game of chess or whatever to continue on with my quest. Something that doesn't take as long would be great though. The peanut cup/shell game for example (assuming you mean find the peanut under one of the three cups) or spin the wheel could be fun though. Nice suggestions.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
chess
checkers
backgammon
yatzi
old maid
go fish
uno
Simon says is already in the game, as a pet game. It's the dance one

I think it would be interesting to have multiplayer games. I actually splurged and bought the three games from the Marketplace (Tag, Food Fight and Zeke's Scavenger Hunt) but since I don't really socialize much ingame I don't use them.

I like turn based games personally, not the kind where you have to run around chasing people or objects.

Monopoly might be fun, as would a three dimensional game of Life where your Wizard is your peg.

Hero
May 07, 2015
deal or no deal and plinko and monopoly please! and all of the ones that helenie said

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
average moe on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
I dont think minigames should be required for quests, they would make the game too irregular. But I would like to see logic puzzles like "Lights Out" as some of those things in dungeons that make you fight a boss if you fail.
But...if you add the branching story-line quest system the winning or loss of the mini-game could determine your path.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Ryan SparkleSinger on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
I wish whenever you go through some kind of maze, you have to actually navigate your way through a maze before making it through. Also, it would be kind of cool if whenever you were "chased" by something (skeletal pirates, kroks, ghosts, soldiers, etc.), you actually had to run away from it without being caught in sort of a chase mini game.
:D Yes! or combine two - run a maze avoiding the kroks, pirates etc.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
I think it'd be nice if the housing games (the Crowns exclusive ones that I mentioned earlier) gave rewards like the minigames (for participation and for the winner) so that people are actually encouraged/incentivised to play them with their friends.

The rewards would have to be substantial enough that they don't feel their time would be better spent doing anything else.

Yeah, I know, it's meant to be fun, but the absolute lack of interest in them sort of makes me feel buyer's remorse.

Administrator
sun girl1122 on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
deal or no deal and plinko and monopoly please! and all of the ones that helenie said
Firecat or no firecat? ::grin::

Great ideas all. Thank you for your feedback, and we shall keep these in mind in the future, should we come up with other games that are mini. New FF coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea