Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Following Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 14, 2015
Hello, I assume people have wrote about this but I wanted to write about it myself, just by the name you probably know what I'm writing about. Following Henchmen. I'm sick and tired of paying 400 crowns for a 110 hard hitting henchmen, I think once you buy them they follow you around like a Pirate101 companion until either you or the henchmen die. So this is what I mean, you're questing and uh oh, you have to fight a boss. Well you went out to Walmart last night and picked up a 20 dollar card for crowns, you buy a level 110 storm henchmen for 400 crowns and he kills the boss. Lets say the henchmen made it out of the fight with 2K health. You're walking to the turn in and you see your henchman walking next to you like a P101 companion, lets say the next fight a guy kills him. When you get out of the fight your henchman is no longer there. I think it's a great idea since it won't make us waste crowns. Let me know what you think :)

Nicholas StormSword 63 David StormBlade 33 David DeathDreamer 94
Nicholas JadeSword 22 Nicholas DragonSword 88 Nicholas 57 Kelly Life 56

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
That's a great idea! I agree with this, but many possible issues could arise for the KingsIsle Corperation from this. If you bought a level 110 henchman, and lets say you were questing through marleybone, obviously the level 110 henchman will completely obliterate the bosses and carry you through the questline very quickly. Wizard101 exists as a game to challenge you and to make you think of your next move. If we allowed minions to follow you, that would remove the challenge all the way through the worlds! Not to mention, if there was a self-following minion, it would be hard to limit their use in PVP!
Just a few thoughs!
~Wolf IronCaller~
~Level 110~
~~

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
hunter2152 on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
That's a great idea! I agree with this, but many possible issues could arise for the KingsIsle Corperation from this. If you bought a level 110 henchman, and lets say you were questing through marleybone, obviously the level 110 henchman will completely obliterate the bosses and carry you through the questline very quickly. Wizard101 exists as a game to challenge you and to make you think of your next move. If we allowed minions to follow you, that would remove the challenge all the way through the worlds! Not to mention, if there was a self-following minion, it would be hard to limit their use in PVP!
Just a few thoughs!
~Wolf IronCaller~
~Level 110~
~~
How about restrictions to what level of henchmen you can buy at a certain level? I think that would work out best.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Stormdracon on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
Hello, I assume people have wrote about this but I wanted to write about it myself, just by the name you probably know what I'm writing about. Following Henchmen. I'm sick and tired of paying 400 crowns for a 110 hard hitting henchmen, I think once you buy them they follow you around like a Pirate101 companion until either you or the henchmen die. So this is what I mean, you're questing and uh oh, you have to fight a boss. Well you went out to Walmart last night and picked up a 20 dollar card for crowns, you buy a level 110 storm henchmen for 400 crowns and he kills the boss. Lets say the henchmen made it out of the fight with 2K health. You're walking to the turn in and you see your henchman walking next to you like a P101 companion, lets say the next fight a guy kills him. When you get out of the fight your henchman is no longer there. I think it's a great idea since it won't make us waste crowns. Let me know what you think :)

Nicholas StormSword 63 David StormBlade 33 David DeathDreamer 94
Nicholas JadeSword 22 Nicholas DragonSword 88 Nicholas 57 Kelly Life 56
I think this is a great idea! Because if you spend alot of crowns on a powerful henchman, you will finish the battle faster.I personally think it costs too many crowns for a one~use thing.So,this really is a great idea!I really hope KI will add this to the game!