Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2015
I'm new to the game so I don't really know a whole lot about it. I was wandering if training pets is required to be strong and if I need to do crafting. I mostly just focus on questing.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
Hi Crecent6559! Hope you have been enjoying the game so far! In answer to your questions, yes and no. When you are a lower level, crafting is not very rewarding, but as you progress, you can craft mounts and houses and other cool stuff. I definitely need to work on my crafting. So it is a lot of time and collecting reagents, but it pays back. In regard to pets, I wouldn't train them up unless they might give you may casts or cards. If you want to see their possible talents, look them up. It should also say what treats they love, and that will make the leveling process faster. Hope this helped!

-Rebecca Ashhunter

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Pets have multiple talents that can dramatically help your wizard, through healing you, or boosting your stats, or allow them to function better during pet games.

All pets have a maximum number of these talents; some are default, some can be acquired.

You can feed pets any items you don't want to keep directly, or you can feed them with pet snacks after playing pet games in the pet pavilion area.

At Adult level, your pet can now hatch with other pets and attempt to create a new pet with talents from one or both pet parents.

Here's to you having fun with your pets, and learning how they can help your wizard on the many adventures that await you as you explore Wizard 101!

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
Are we talking strong as in able to do what needs to be done? or strong as in the best you can be?
if you want to be as strong as possible then you will need to invest in pet breeding/training. Most pets will not give you all the talents you need when you train them, which is why you breed them. It's to sift out the bad traits and keep the good ones.

And as far as i know, in the later worlds(that i haven't reached yet), such as azteca and stuff
it is better just to craft your gear than it is to grind out for hours/days to find the perfect set of gear

Survivor
Dec 29, 2015